Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Furious at Red Pocket Marketing Deception

Feedback Score

Furious at Red Pocket Marketing Deception

I've searched the world over and for the past 10 months was ready to buy the 5GB Red Pocket Unlimited Talk and Text annual plan, come to discover last night on Howard Forums ,that the unlimited talk is actually limited. No AT&T MVNO carrier can come close to the $240.00 Red Pocket Plan. Now I have to start the search all over. When I'm traveling cross country I could use maybe 6-8 thousand minutes. Sometimes for instance this month I only used 2000 minutes. I needed AT&T coverage versus the coverage I get from MANGO on T-MOBILE. Mango at least truly gives me unlimited talk.
    When I read last night RED POCKET places limitations on said UNLIMITED talk the shock made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I slept terrible. This is life changing and fraudulent advertising from Red Pocket.
    I'm using a Moto G3 factory unlocked device.

I looked at all the other AT&T MVNO plans comparable to the $240.00 annual plan and there are none. I could have owned that plan next month for $190.00 or less if I used coupons and gift cards on Ebay.

Feedback Score
    I take no responsibility.

But it has been reported here & elsewhere by reputable members that Red Pocket AT&T has a 30 day minute limit of 7,500 not the lower limits of the other 3 carriers.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 01.23.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.20.19
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 12.15.18

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Supposedly RP AT&T has a 7,500 minute unofficial unlimited limit. But that's just hearsay.

If you need up to 8,000 minutes/mo, you can get https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/pl...ku7510770.html with 100MB LTE for $25/mo.

If you need more LTE data, you can get 1GB LTE for $30/mo, or 8GB LTE for $40/mo from https://www.att.com/prepaid/plans.html .

I've read that TF brands offering AT&T might have a higher unofficial unlimited limit.

Yes, it's ridiculous to be discussing an unofficial unlimited limit, but that's just how the MVNO industry works...

Feedback Score
    I just posted this at SD
    https://slickdeals.net/f/11477619-1-...#post121122802

I also PM'd you.

@ Red-PocketID
    For GSMA (AT&T) on the unlimited talk plans what is the true maximum amount of minutes? And please don't say unlimited. I'm asking for myself & will link to your answer for the Howard Forums community some who are quite concerned.

While you're at it on the GSMT, CDMAS & CDMAV unlimited talk plans what is the true maximum amount of minutes? And again please don't say unlimited.

Myself & HoFo'ers will appreciate definitive answers.

Thank you.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Everyone that frequents these forums should know by now that no carrier really gives you unlimited anything and it's all subject to their fair use terms. "unlimited" is just a marketing term.

If you are exceeding those limits, you need to find another solution like using a data voip app to supplement your cell service habits

Sent from my LEX727 Leeco Le Pro3 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    Everyone that frequents these forums should know by now that no carrier really gives you unlimited anything and it's all subject to their fair use terms. "unlimited" is just a marketing term.

If you are exceeding those limits, you need to find another solution like using a data voip app to supplement your cell service habits
    That's a good point / idea. That 5GB of AT&T LTE data included with the RP $20/mo (or less) eBay plan, along with a GV # + Hangouts, will provide a LOT of VoIP minutes via a GV # + Hangouts to supplement the RP AT&T 7,500 (still needs to be verified) minute monthly limit.
    Vzw-$9.99/mo+$0.25/min-1999-2001
    PagePlus-2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1-2013-2016
    Selectel Flex-2013-2015
    Puppy-2014
    Tracfone-2015-2016
    TruPhone-2015-
    Red Pocket-2016-2017
    Piranha-2016-
    FreedomPop-GSM-2016-
    T-Mo-Data-2017-
    3-2018-

Ericsson AF738 Jul99-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    ....RP AT&T 7,500 (still needs to be verified) minute monthly limit.
    That's what I mean. Like ok still call it unlimited. But tell those who ask the definitive limits.

I got to add I'm very satisfied with Red Pocket.

Device(s)
    Pixel3 XL, Pixel3, s9+, s8+, Atom, Axon 7, etc
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi, Xfinity Mobile, att, tmo, RP/vzw/att, TF/att, FP, Tello, tru, ekit
    Feedback Score
    There are discussions around that say the real limit is about 300 minutes a day/3000 minutes a month before RP will suspend the account. Some have said that exceeding 300 minutes a day for a couple days has triggered it, but its the internet, so hard to say where the truth is.

I have a couple of the 5GB plans but its all about the data for me so minutes have never come into play.

Based on the OP's usage, RP AT&T would not be a good choice. Stick with the big four direct prepays for that type of usage.
    --
    CellGuru

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Going with an mvno over any of the 4 main carriers has always been about saving money at the expense of service. You have to conform to their model to reap the rewards and benefits.

If your job depends on it, maybe an mvno is not the way to go. They make all sorts of Grand claims but sometimes they don't live up to them.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, Moto X4, Moto G5 Plus, Blu R1HD, several flip phones
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Lycamobile, Red Pocket, H2O
    Feedback Score
    Below is a chat I had with RP customer service regarding "Unlimited". Enjoy.

Chat begins at about 1500 MST on 10/31/18

Cole
    There is a discussion on Howard Forums about how many minutes a person can use
    in a month on GSMA "Unlimited" plans. Is there a point where usage would be cut
    off? Some participants claim to need 6-8000 minutes/mo and think RP wouldn't
    allow that on GSMA Unlimited T&T.

CS JM
    We offer unlimited minutes on our network.

Cole
    I understand. So use of talk for 6 hours a day, either continuous
    or off and on would be OK?

CS JM
    That may violate our terms of service.

Cole
    That is what the discussion is about. That makes it not unlimited is the point under discussion.

CS JM
    The service is true to all underlying carriers. Our service is based off
    from our underlying carriers terms and conditions as well.

We do not limit our service. It is unlimited but needs to be regulated.

When I say regulated, used within the terms of service.

According to comScore's 2017 Cross Platform Future in Focus report, the average
    American adult (18+) spends 2 hours, 51 minutes on their smartphone every day.

Definitely you may not use the 6 hours per day basis if that is only for
    personal matters.

Cole
    Thank you. I guess the term "Unlimited" should be qualified to mean "up to
    our terms and conditions". Thanks for the discussion.

CS JM
    Thank you for letting us know about the HowardForums. I will send that over to our management.

Your feedback is very important to us, and we mean it.

Thank you for doing business with us. Is there anything else that I can help you
    with?

Cole
    Not today. I do enjoy your service and am very satisfied with the small
    plan I have. Bye

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Colecaz View Post
    Below is a chat I had with RP customer service regarding "Unlimited". Enjoy.

Chat begins at about 1500 MST on 10/31/18....

Cole
    I understand. So use of talk for 6 hours a day, either continuous
    or off and on would be OK?

CS JM
    That may violate our terms of service.

Cole
    That is what the discussion is about. That makes it not unlimited is the point under discussion.

CS JM
    The service is true to all underlying carriers. Our service is based off
    from our underlying carriers terms and conditions as well.

We do not limit our service. It is unlimited but needs to be regulated.

When I say regulated, used within the terms of service.

According to comScore's 2017 Cross Platform Future in Focus report, the average
    American adult (18+) spends 2 hours, 51 minutes on their smartphone every day.

Definitely you may not use the 6 hours per day basis if that is only for
    personal matters....
    Thanks for this Colecaz.

So LOL the Red Pocket gospel from a CSR is 171 minutes x 30 days =
    5,130 minutes limit per 30 days on RP GSMA.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, Moto X4, Moto G5 Plus, Blu R1HD, several flip phones
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Lycamobile, Red Pocket, H2O
    Feedback Score
    Zapjb, I grabbed six hours out of the air to use for an example. That would total up to 6*60*30 = 10,800 minutes per month. But I read their terms of service after I posted and they emphasize using it for intermittent personal talk, not monitoring, listening to talks, etc.

I'm curious to know how July11, the OP, uses 6-8000 minutes. That's 200-300 min/day every day. Lots of girl friends???

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I feel like I'm on the phone too long if I do a 2 hour call. once or twice a month, with any other calls just a few minutes. So 500 minute plans would be sufficient nowadays.
    iPhone X on ATT Prepaid. Backup iPhone 7+ on inexpensive Verizon MVNO plan. Hopefully covers me in the continental US for phone usage. Cheaper than a single unlimited plan on ATT or Verizon or T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    I feel like I'm on the phone too long if I do a 2 hour call. once or twice a month, with any other calls just a few minutes. So 500 minute plans would be sufficient nowadays.
    My wife DOES have two or three, two+ hour conversations every month. But when she does, it's via a video or VoIP call, because it's to friends or family outside the US.

My average call length is probably 2 minutes, with 10 minutes being a REALLY long call for me!

To each their own...
    Last edited by Boz1; 11-01-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Feedback Score
    I'm doing my own investigation tomorrow with or today with an inquiry to the EBay Red Pocket store as to whether or not the plan allows over 7500 minutes and if group MMS is supported. Also I see no mention about call Fwd. options. The things need to be spelled out in the terms. A little more transparency is needed. I can easily use 9000 minutes a month during traveling coast to coast by land. I'd like to use Red Pocket but not if they aren't upfront. If I ask a specific question whether or not there is a cap at 7500 minutes they had better give a specific answer which should be a yes or no. Amazing Red Pocket actually said six hours is abusive. I would stay put with Mango if there data and coverage were better. When I check my balance there it always says unlimited talk. No mention of any specific cut off limit. I approve of that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast