Thread: Second month unused data did not carry over

Feedback Score

Second month unused data did not carry over

This is second month where renewal did not give me 7.5gb carry over from my 7gb plan. It gave me a total of 16.2gb which is wrong I have a print screen of data left as of 10/30/18 showing 7.5gb Last month when this happened they gave me $50 account credit which is enough to buy 7gb data since carry over not credited last month. They said would escalate ticket to make sure it does not happen this month, but it happened again. will have to call Thursday to get it fixed again.

Ian B

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibladuell View Post
    This is second month where renewal did not give me 7.5gb carry over from my 7gb plan.
    If you have a 7GB plan the most that could ever be carried over is 7GB, not 7.5GB.

I assume you must be talking about double data? So you start with 7+7=14GB of data each month and the 7GB of data you had remaining wasn't carried over after renewal for a total of 21GB? Is that what you're saying? If so, that's definitely a problem on Verizon's side of things that they need to fix.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    If you have a 7GB plan the most that could ever be carried over is 7GB, not 7.5GB.

I assume you must be talking about double data? So you start with 7+7=14GB of data each month and the 7GB of data you had remaining wasn't carried over after renewal for a total of 21GB? Is that what you're saying? If so, that's definitely a problem on Verizon's side of things that they need to fix.
    Correct. My 7gb double data should give me 14gb for renewal plus the 7.5gb left over from last month. Calling them today to fix it. Same thing happened last month and they opened a ticket to find out why it happened to avoid happening this month but it happened again.

Ian B

Feedback Score
    Correct. My 7gb double data should give me 14gb for renewal plus the 7.5gb left over from last month. Calling them today to fix it. Same thing happened last month and they opened a ticket to find out why it happened to avoid happening this month but it happened again.

Ian B
    Small point....but it will only be 7+7+7....not the 7.5 you had left. Your new data alotment should be 21, no more or less.

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by husavik View Post
    Small point....but it will only be 7+7+7....not the 7.5 you had left. Your new data alotment should be 21, no more or less.
    Depends. He said last month his account was credited for $50. If he bought 1GB of data (or more) then the remaining purchased data plus the 7GB base amount would carry over.

Feedback Score
    Talked to verizon rep today and said promotion carry over portion ended and will get 14gb only and not the 21gb including october unused carry over. Told her the information she is giving me is wrong. Gonna call and talk w another rep, if i dont get my 21gb will use credits and port out to another carrier.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by husavik View Post
    You are correct, max would be 21gb.

Feedback Score
    Called back and another rep understood about data carry over. Put me through to a technician that was working and n it and after 40 mins the call got dropped while she was working on getting carry over data fixed. Have been calling for last 30 mins and customer service line appears to be down. Will check account tomorrow and call back.

Feedback Score
    Double data doesn't carry over, only regular plan data, plan data is used before carry over data.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    Double data doesn't carry over, only regular plan data, plan data is used before carry over data.
    Not sure what you are talking about. My first and second month on the 7gb plan, they gave me 7gb unused from the previous month when payment was due the next month. Last month I did not get it even though I had 7+gb left before payment but, when I called they caught it, gave me a $50 credit equivalent to buying 7gb of additional data, sent a ticket to get it fixed so it would not happen this month but, it happened again. Second rep today understood and was talking w a technician setting up a smart ticket to fix it when the call was dropped after 40 mins. Will see if it gets corrected tomorrow and if not, will call again. Thanks for your info though.

Ian B

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    plan data is used before carry over data.
    That is true for VZW postpaid but not VZW prepaid.

With prepaid, all data goes into a single data bucket (unlike postpaid). Any data left at the end of your billing cycle that is equal to or less than your base plan data allowance (this doesn't include double data) gets rolled over to the next month as carryover data.

Unless something has changed, that is the way it works (and has been working) for Verizon prepaid.

If you're on the new Verizon Plan S-M-L sizes- You'll begin using your Carryover Data after you've used all of your monthly data allowance.

If you have a qualifying prepaid plan - Your Carryover Data will be added to your account's Available Data. As you use data, it'll be deducted from your overall total for the month.
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...ver-data-faqs/
    Last edited by taoman; 11-01-2018 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Added url for carryover data faq

Feedback Score
    Problem solved. Ticket set up yesterday and fixed today. I now have 23gb based on 7+7+7 carry over +2 walmart phone credit= 23gb. There it is.

Ian B

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Problem solved. Ticket set up yesterday and fixed today. I now have 23gb based on 7+7+7 carry over +2 walmart phone credit= 23gb. There it is.
    What?!?! You not only get double data but you still get the Walmart extra 2GB??? You lucky dog!

Glad it worked out for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    What?!?! You not only get double data but you still get the Walmart extra 2GB??? You lucky dog!

Glad it worked out for you.
    Yes, gues since its a separate offer from buying moto g6 play it stacks on too.

Ian B