Thread: Red Pocket Mobile 360 day 500/100/100 $60 no renewal

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket 500/500/500 Verizon plan
    Feedback Score

Red Pocket Mobile 360 day 500/100/100 $60 no renewal

I am finishing up my curent "360" day plan with Red Pocket.
    I went into ebay to look for a "renewal" 360 day plan..... and I would like to pick the 500/100/100 plan as I don't use my phone that much..... However, I no longer see the "renewal" plan...... There is just the "sim kit" 360 day plan for $60 (Starter SIM Kit & Activation Pin).

Device(s)
    Moto G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    You can buy that plan & renew through the Red Pocket.com website using your current sim card. Just scroll down to "Choose a Different Plan" & type in the new activation code. You'll be good to go for another 360 days!!

Save the new sim cards in case you ever need one in the future.

Feedback Score
    Not a problem. I have purchased many of the Starter SIM Kits and used them to renew the annual plans on the 6 RP lines I manage. Just keep SIMs in case someone you know might need one quickly. Ebay will send you an activation code via email that you will use to renew the plan.

<<arghhhh - I guess I type slower than Digital Rules>>

Feedback Score
    RP 100/100/500 annual plan is great for us cheap minimalists. I'm on my second year on this plan. I hope RP will continue with their affordable plans for many years into the future.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skypros View Post
    I am finishing up my curent "360" day plan with Red Pocket.
    I went into ebay to look for a "renewal" 360 day plan..... and I would like to pick the 500/100/100 plan as I don't use my phone that much..... However, I no longer see the "renewal" plan...... There is just the "sim kit" 360 day plan for $60 (Starter SIM Kit & Activation Pin).
    I just renewed for the exact same plan, using a 500/100/100 360 day plan just bought from ebay. Didn't say anything about renewal or not. I went to my.redpocketmobile.com and put in the code e-mailed to me and, voila, I had anther year of service.

BTW: I had heard many times that red pocket plans don't stack. I renewed the day before previous expiration, assuming that the new plan would override the old plan and I would lose a couple of days. Not so. The old plan was still active for another two days and the new plan started after the official old plan expiration date.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cg1 View Post
    I just renewed for the exact same plan, using a 500/100/100 360 day plan just bought from ebay. Didn't say anything about renewal or not. I went to my.redpocketmobile.com and put in the code e-mailed to me and, voila, I had anther year of service.

BTW: I had heard many times that red pocket plans don't stack. I renewed the day before previous expiration, assuming that the new plan would override the old plan and I would lose a couple of days. Not so. The old plan was still active for another two days and the new plan started after the official old plan expiration date.
    It looks like it stacked. But notice your new month cycle also ends 2 days earlier than it is supposed to.

That's what I thought at first, but realized in fact it really did not stack.

The old plan still being active makes it appear as if it stacked, but the new plan has already kicked in in the background. Your old plan and new plan are actually overlapping.

No big deal you only lost 2 days.

I renewed over 2 months ago so maybe things may have changed since.

Sent from my ASUS_X00ID using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by munkala View Post
    It looks like it stacked. But notice your new month cycle also ends 2 days earlier than it is supposed to.

That's what I thought at first, but realized in fact it really did not stack.

The old plan still being active makes it appear as if it stacked, but the new plan has already kicked in in the background. Your old plan and new plan are actually overlapping.

No big deal you only lost 2 days.

I renewed over 2 months ago so maybe things may have changed since.

Sent from my ASUS_X00ID using HoFo mobile app
    My old expiration date was 11/1/2018. The new expiration date is 10/28/2019, when the new activation code was applied 10/30/2018. It looks like the 360 days were applied after the old plan expired, not when I put in the code.

For me, the two days wouldn't have mattered, I just thought it is an interesting datapoint to see that in my case, the plans stacked. Still not sure if I would risk applying a code two months ahead of time and risk losing two full months.

Feedback Score
    You can also just log in via the redpocket website and then click on refill plan now. Price is $60.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket 500/500/500 Verizon plan
    Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone for the info.....
    I am currently have the 500/500/500 Plan.

and want to downgrade to the 500/100/100 360 day plan..... If I go into my account it will only give me the option to renew my current plan. ** $99.00 eBay Essentials Plan (Annual) **

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Lycamobile, Sprint, Tello, Freedompop
    Feedback Score

and want to downgrade to the 500/100/100 360 day plan..... If I go into my account it will only give me the option to renew my current plan. ** $99.00 eBay Essentials Plan (Annual) **
    I would try buying the pin through eBay and applying it using the refill page near the end of your plan, directly to your number without logging in.

Or buy on eBay and do the refill through chat. I don't think the agents have access to help you purchase the annual refills but I could be wrong.

Feedback Score

Just to confirm what Vertabrae suggested, when you apply the new plan it replaces your old plan with the new plan's limits. After using Red Pocket CDMA-V for several months, I decided the Amazon 3GB plan was a good fit so I purchased it and applied it to my account through the Already have an existing PIN, Voucher, or Airtime Card? button on the account page using the new Amazon plan's activation code provided by Amazon. As the new 3GB plan got closer to expiring, I realized I had over bought. My data usage never even hit 1GB. I used a 20% off coupon on Ebay to purchase the 360 day 2GB plan - net cost $200. At the end of my Amazon plan, I just used the above noted button and replaced the plan with the Ebay plan by entering the activation code Ebay sent me. I never needed to use the SIMs that came with the plan. I'm keeping them if I ever need them.