Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Buying a phone on tab while using loophole.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    Buying a phone on tab while using loophole.

    Hello,
    I'm in Alberta with a Quebec phone plan. Can I buy a phone on a medium tab (monthly cost requirement for it is lower than my monthly plan so should work) and have it shipped to my Alberta address without them cancelling my plan?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,287
    Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hugglesthemerci View Post
    Hello,
    I'm in Alberta with a Quebec phone plan. Can I buy a phone on a medium tab (monthly cost requirement for it is lower than my monthly plan so should work) and have it shipped to my Alberta address without them cancelling my plan?
    Should work, but depends on the rep processing your order at the end of the day, he/she may decide to be a d*ck and cancel it due to not meeting the region requirements for the tab.

    However i cannot say that you shouldn't try it.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

    Koodo: $40/8GB w/ 1000 International Minutes
    Telus: $67/20GB Can-US Plan
    Freedom: $30/8GB Can-US (2400 Minutes/1GB)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Is it not automated if I do it through self serve on the website?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,237
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hugglesthemerci View Post
    Is it not automated if I do it through self serve on the website?
    Eventually it’s gonna reach a human to compete the order. It’s not amazon.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Shame. I should apply there, I can remove entire departments worth of humans

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,237
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hugglesthemerci View Post
    Shame. I should apply there, I can remove entire departments worth of humans
    Lol







    /filler

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    28
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    No. I tried and when you order, it always says it's for review. In my case, it came back from review saying I'm not in the province of the plans... But heres what i will get - much $$$ more.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,287
    Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jaustin0116 View Post
    No. I tried and when you order, it always says it's for review. In my case, it came back from review saying I'm not in the province of the plans... But heres what i will get - much $$$ more.
    Try again, I haven't upgraded since December, but in december my upgrades went through fine, no issue. I just had to select 1 tab below, example instead of medium, small on most phones as being eligible despite in QC plan being eligible for Large/XL/XXL.

    Other way is to simply get a new line, get the phone, and then move the # by porting out and in.

Similar Threads

  1. Can you buy a phone on tab with mobile internet plan
    By riveting in forum Freedom Mobile (previously Wind Mobile)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 12:13 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2012, 10:12 PM
  3. Buying a unlocked phone on Ebay and using it with USCC...?
    By stephanyblodget in forum USCellular
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-20-2011, 01:54 PM
  4. Bell Can I Buy a Phone From WIND and Use It on Bell?
    By amit in forum Bell/Virgin/Lucky/Solo
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-09-2010, 06:00 PM
  5. Buy phone on one contract use it on another
    By superporky in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 12:01 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks