Thread: iPhone XS Max and Outlook (web) syncing issue

Feedback Score

iPhone XS Max and Outlook (web) syncing issue

I have an outlook.com web based email account. I've selected the "Mail" icon on my iPhone XS Max and configured my outlook account. It's a straight forward process but for whatever reason, my email is not pushed to my iPhone. I know outlook has recently revamped their outlook.com web interface but I would assume this has not changed their back-end method of push delivery to a device.

I have tried deleting the mail app, downloading it again and adding the account from scratch as well as rebooting the phone and doing the whole process from scratch. I also did a factory reset but to no avail... I still have the same issues. Curious to know if anyone is having the same issues?

My Version of iOS is 12.1 (16B92)
    Carrier Software is Bell 34.0

If I click on the "Mail" app, it will pull my email immediately but the "push" feature does not seem to be working. I have also ensured all my notifications are correct so for the life of me, I cannot figure this out.

I appreciate any help which can be provided. Thank you!

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    I ran into a similar problem with a friend's iPhone 6. He uses Hotmail, and when he tried setting it up it told him basically "are you sure that you really want to use this program instead of our Outlook app?" There is a "yes, confirm" type of screen that came up. He clicked that and the MAIL app started working right away.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    I suppose one could try using to Outlook iOS app instead of Apple Mail.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
    I ran into a similar problem with a friend's iPhone 6. He uses Hotmail, and when he tried setting it up it told him basically "are you sure that you really want to use this program instead of our Outlook app?" There is a "yes, confirm" type of screen that came up. He clicked that and the MAIL app started working right away.
    Yes, this used to happen where if you used a native "Mail" app of any device and/or 3rd party app, you would be prompted with an email from outlook stating you're using another app and to "click this link" to continue having email delivered using your app vs. using the native Outlook app for iOS, Android or Blackberry. Unfortunately, with the change to their web interface, this no longer happens but I know with iPhone, Android and Blackberry 10/Android, you are now prompted with a screen which requests access to your device and you must click "Yes". I've done this but still, I have issues with it not pushing email. On my Note 9 and Blackberry, this does not happen.

I've done a factory reset on the iPhone and still, I get the same issue. The native "Mail" app does not work at all and it's very frustrating! I communicated with MicroSoft through phone support and their community email group and got a lazy response that if not using their native Outlook app, "it must be the device itself", they do not support 3rd part apps and the final kicker... Outlook is a free based web email which has limited support.

You've got to be kidding me. I've used this account for so many years, I have no intentions to switch to another free based web email or be forced to use their poor programmed iOS outlook app.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    I suppose one could try using to Outlook iOS app instead of Apple Mail.
    I usually would not have an issue with this except for the fact the outlook app is wonky. It is limited is certain factors and great in others. The problem I have is the fact that this should work yet it doesn't. The response from MicroSoft is even more frustrating as they are nonchalant regarding their mess up and to boot, they just revamped their system and it's worse than previously!

Feedback Score
    Just an update... I deleted the account from the general settings menu, deleted the app itself and did a factory reset on the phone. Once completed, I deleted the app (precautionary measure), downloaded it again through the App Store and set up my account with the required configuration parameters. Once completed, I received the notification to allow Outlook to have access to specific iOS settings and voila, all seems to be working now. I tried the same procedures last night without any luck so I'll equally split the blame between the device itself, outlook and "possibly" some user error lol... Thanks for all the help!