Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oneplus 6t

Feedback Score

Oneplus 6t

Shouldn't this phone work with byob now?

LTE/LTE-A
    DL 5CA/256QAM, UL CA/64QAM, 4x4 MIMO
    Supports up to DL CAT16/ UL CAT13 (1Gbps/150 Mbps) depending on carrier support

Bands
    FDD LTE: Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/18/ 19/20/25/26/28/29/30/32/66/71
    TDD LTE: Band 34/38/39/40/41/46
    TD-SCDMA: Band 34/39
    UMTS(WCDMA): Band 1/2/4/5/8/9/19
    CDMA: BC0/BC1
    GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

I think this will be my next phone if possible.

sam

Feedback Score
    more specific - verizon network. (lte/cdma)

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    From what I have read with the specs of this phone and searching around, it should work with Verizon LTE network, but it does not work with Verizon's CDMA network. So you will need to have VoLTE for sure then. I don't know how Tracfone will deal with it tho.

Device(s)
    LG V20, iPhone SE, Moto E4, Galaxy Go Prime, Galaxy J3 Sky, LG Power
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I've never gotten a concrete answer if tracfone even does VoLTE...? But yes I heard the 6T works with verizon

The OnePlus 6 and 6T are very intriguing to me, I've been debating them or a cheapish Galaxy S9. I can't justify the crazy amount of cash newer iphones cost, but a flagship of the S9's caliber would last years while being smooth....in theory at least if the old touchwhiz doesn't rear its ugly head like it was known for in previous years lol.

I've been daily driving a moto e4 and after being used to the flagship v20 and iphone se/6s, it feels icky in comparison.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    From what I have read with the specs of this phone and searching around, it should work with Verizon LTE network, but it does not work with Verizon's CDMA network. So you will need to have VoLTE for sure then. I don't know how Tracfone will deal with it tho.
    Verizon uses B0 and B1 for CDMA, so it should work. Might not work on US Cellular though.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Verizon uses B0 and B1 for CDMA, so it should work. Might not work on US Cellular though.
    I know, but on a number of sites talk about the OnePlus 6t being a Verizon LTE only phone. The sites even says it does not support Verizon CDMA networks. So I am not sure sure.

Edit: There is even reports that the OnePlus 6t does not even have CDMA in it at all.
    Last edited by advcomp2019; 11-05-2018 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Added a little bit of info

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Samsung J3 Sky, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSnake91 View Post
    I've never gotten a concrete answer if tracfone even does VoLTE...?
    On TF-branded phones or BYOP? My TF-branded J3 Sky on TF/VZ has VoLTE enabled now and I saw the HD indicator when making test calls with forum member lapper.

On a side note, yesterday I did a test call with forum member ST Dog using my J3 Sky and he was using a Total Wireless phone. We were on VoLTE but no HD.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    On TF-branded phones or BYOP? My TF-branded J3 Sky on TF/VZ has VoLTE enabled now and I saw the HD indicator when making test calls with forum member lapper.

On a side note, yesterday I did a test call with forum member ST Dog using my J3 Sky and he was using a Total Wireless phone. We were on VoLTE but no HD.
    I had VoLTE and HD Calling with my Straight Talk J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL to a Verizon postpaid just a few hours ago.

Feedback Score
    I know, but on a number of sites talk about the OnePlus 6t being a Verizon LTE only phone. The sites even says it does not support Verizon CDMA networks. So I am not sure sure.

Edit: There is even reports that the OnePlus 6t does not even have CDMA in it at all.
    After looking more, the reports do indicate the OnePlus 6T does not support CDMA. Not a big deal as it does support VoLTE.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/29/...atibility-deal

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    After looking more, the reports do indicate the OnePlus 6T does not support CDMA. Not a big deal as it does support VoLTE.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/29/...atibility-deal
    That is kinda why people is wondering how it is going to work with Verizon MVNO's.

Feedback Score
    I 'heard' that the 6t is the first in this line from oneplus that will work on verizon...

Feedback Score
    The 6T does NOT work on TracFone Verizon towers, as the SIM forces VoLTE for calls. And it will not make calls, SMS works, but no calling. I guess this is because TracFone does not support ALL VoLTE phones yet. I tried it today on y new 6T. Sing to try Red Pocket Mobile soon. As they claim it is compatible.

Feedback Score
    That is kinda why people is wondering how it is going to work with Verizon MVNO's.
    There has not been a problem AFAIK with all carrier unlocked phones not working with Verizon VoLTE on TracFone. OnePlus supposedly has an agreement with Verizon for acceptance.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whozit51 View Post
    The 6T does NOT work on TracFone Verizon towers, as the SIM forces VoLTE for calls. And it will not make calls, SMS works, but no calling. I guess this is because TracFone does not support ALL VoLTE phones yet. I tried it today on y new 6T. Sing to try Red Pocket Mobile soon. As they claim it is compatible.
    Like in the other post you did, does your SIM have VoLTE enable because most to all the other Tracfone phones that support VoLTE is getting VoLTE?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I found out that more and more people are having issues, and now this pops up while looking: https://www.reddit.com/r/NoContract/...mvno_networks/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast