Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Can't leave Verizon for Page Plus or Boom

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    91
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Can't leave Verizon for Page Plus or Boom

    Hey all

    I've been with Boom Mobile for the last 2 years and before that I was with Page Plus for a long time. I finally convinced my girlfriend to switch over but we've stumbled into a problem I've never heard about. Apparently Verizon is not letting her switch to either of the two companies. Boom Mobile says they will penalize them if they switch her and Page Plus says " The phone number entered is not eligible for this plan"

    Has anyone run into this before or heard anything like it? Are there any solutions or ways around it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,724
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've heard about that with Boom.

    I've never heard about that with PPC. Did you try an online chat with a PPC CSR?

    What exact phone Brand/Model? Is it being financed or is it owned free and clear?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    91
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    She just purchased (in full) an Apple iPhone XR

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,724
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
    She just purchased (in full) an Apple iPhone XR
    Did she buy it at an Apple Store?

    Maybe someone else will have more knowledge about this works with a paid-in-full iPhone XR, but maybe you can try an online chat with a PPC CSR in the meantime.

    But if Vzw is somehow locking an iPhone XR that was paid-in-full/purchased outright from being used on a Vzw MVNO, that's pretty rotten!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    91
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Chatted with Boom but not PPC

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    91
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    She got it from Apple.com. I'll try chatting with PPC and see what they say. If we can't get on PPC she was asking about Mint Mobile

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,507
    Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Red pocket? You have your choice on any of the 4 carriers.

    Sent from my LEX727 Leeco Le Pro3 using HoFo mobile app

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,724
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
    She got it from Apple.com. I'll try chatting with PPC and see what they say. If we can't get on PPC she was asking about Mint Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    Red pocket? You have your choice on any of the 4 carriers.

    Sent from my LEX727 Leeco Le Pro3 using HoFo mobile app
    I don't have specific knowledge of how it works for iPhones that were purchased directly from Apple, but logically, it should be unlocked and available for use on ANY provider.

    When she purchased it, did she have to specify what provider she was going to use it on? Is the SIM card slot unlocked for any brand SIM card?

    I'm still hoping someone with specific iPhone experience with what you're describing will be able to address what's going on.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    91
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I don't have specific knowledge of how it works for iPhones that were purchased directly from Apple, but logically, it should be unlocked and available for use on ANY provider.

    When she purchased it, did she have to specify what provider she was going to use it on? Is the SIM card slot unlocked for any brand SIM card?

    I'm still hoping someone with specific iPhone experience with what you're describing will be able to address what's going on.
    She said it was listed as unlocked when she purchased it and they only asked her what provider she was using so that they could send her the appropriate SIM

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,664
    Feedback Score
    0
    Port to an intermediate non VZW based carrier. I suggest T-Mobile early in the week & early in the day. TM CSR probably ask you what plan you want. I've said I need a day to consult with a friend who is an expert. TM sent me a text a couple hours later welcome to TM. Then port to whomever.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

    Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

    Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 01.23.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.20.19
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 12.15.18

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    742
    Feedback Score
    0
    I don't understand why boom cares if you port out of verizon. Boom is not owned by Verizon. Boom should want all the Verizon customers they can get.

    The law says you can port to any carrier.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,724
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
    She said it was listed as unlocked when she purchased it and they only asked her what provider she was using so that they could send her the appropriate SIM
    In that case, unless something has changed with PPC recently, she should be able to put it on PPC.

    What happens if she checks the ESN/MEID at https://www.pagepluscellular.com/byop-eligibility/ ?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    General Delivery, City
    Posts
    78
    Feedback Score
    0
    Boom Mobile says they will penalize them if they switch her and Page Plus says " The phone number entered is not eligible for this plan"
    How and why would VZW penalize Boom for porting your gf's number out of VZW? ....

    What plan with Page plus were you trying to use for her phone?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,724
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    I don't understand why boom cares if you port out of verizon. Boom is not owned by Verizon. Boom should want all the Verizon customers they can get.

    The law says you can port to any carrier.
    It's like was already stated. Apparently, Boom, and maybe other smaller MVNOs, get penalized by Vzw for porting in a Vzw postpaid # in certain (all?) circumstances.

    It's unclear whether somehow PPC does NOT get penalized, or if they are just large enough not to care.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,724
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by frankelstein View Post
    How and why would VZW penalize Boom for porting your gf's number out of VZW? ....

    What plan with Page plus were you trying to use for her phone?
    See above.

    The PPC plan should be irrelevant, since ALL PPC plans can be used with that iPhone, except for the original 3G Pay-As-You-Go Plan (fka Standard Plan).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. phone from verizon for page plus
    By cocky01 in forum Page Plus Cellular
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-11-2013, 10:58 AM
  2. Flashing a Sprint Motorola Q9C to Verizon for Page Plus
    By jpAPACHE in forum Page Plus Handset and Technical Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 09:18 PM
  3. Replies: 112
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 10:23 AM
  4. Anyone left Verizon for Page Plus?
    By prepaidmadness in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 08:26 AM
  5. Leaving Verizon for T-Mobile...or am I?
    By Crucifixion in forum AT&T
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 05:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks