Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: Session Based iPad/Tablet Unlimited - Changes are incoming

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    585
    Feedback Score
    0
    Reddit has debunked this it seems. They found the real article this was an excerpt from. It's ALL speculation but yeah this article refers to something totally different

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,748
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Mega, OP6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by horrorbiz138 View Post
    Don't really care if you believe it or not. Just putting it out there that anyone relying on session based tablet plans for hotspot need to be prepared.
    So what do you have to say about this? Or will we never hear from you again?

    https://www.reddit.com/r/ATT/comment...F4&sh=89a4289b

    Name:  IMG_0631.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  70.6 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,575
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jtludwig View Post
    So what do you have to say about this? Or will we never hear from you again?

    https://www.reddit.com/r/ATT/comment...F4&sh=89a4289b

    Name:  IMG_0631.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  70.6 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Of course not. Probably a new(er) AT&T employee that hates people have found a way to utilize the system and wants to scare people into thinking AT&T will “fix this” and “show people who’s the boss! And they’re hurting AT&T!” So they make some sh** up and falsify company info to scare people.

    But will end up canned eventually for spreading bad info online or posting official information sloppily and are identified and toast.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    237
    Feedback Score
    0
    If the OP did in fact post false info on purpose, then that takes a special kind of stupid.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    SW Fla.
    Posts
    12
    Device(s)
    Palm Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    ATT / Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just bought a MOFI4500 to put in my remote weekend cabin. The $30 DataConnect session-based plan seemed perfect for my needs. Got my ATT sim in the mail today, popped it in and went to https://buyasession.att.com to get it activated as a new customer. Put in the IMEI, CSSID, and my address info, and the only autopay monthly plan offered is 1GB per month for $50. Who would even pay that?

    Is AT&T filtering the plans offered because the IMEI is for the Sierra Wireless MC7455 modem inside the MOFI? I know other MOFI users have the $30 plan. What are my options at this point?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,420
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpen View Post
    I just bought a MOFI4500 to put in my remote weekend cabin. The $30 DataConnect session-based plan seemed perfect for my needs. Got my ATT sim in the mail today, popped it in and went to https://buyasession.att.com to get it activated as a new customer. Put in the IMEI, CSSID, and my address info, and the only autopay monthly plan offered is 1GB per month for $50. Who would even pay that?

    Is AT&T filtering the plans offered because the IMEI is for the Sierra Wireless MC7455 modem inside the MOFI? I know other MOFI users have the $30 plan. What are my options at this point?
    Need IMEI of a tablet


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,748
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Mega, OP6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpen View Post
    I just bought a MOFI4500 to put in my remote weekend cabin. The $30 DataConnect session-based plan seemed perfect for my needs. Got my ATT sim in the mail today, popped it in and went to https://buyasession.att.com to get it activated as a new customer. Put in the IMEI, CSSID, and my address info, and the only autopay monthly plan offered is 1GB per month for $50. Who would even pay that?

    Is AT&T filtering the plans offered because the IMEI is for the Sierra Wireless MC7455 modem inside the MOFI? I know other MOFI users have the $30 plan. What are my options at this point?
    You have to activate it with a tablet IMEI.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    SW Fla.
    Posts
    12
    Device(s)
    Palm Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    ATT / Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jtludwig View Post
    You have to activate it with a tablet IMEI.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I see. So would a "generated" tablet IMEI work to create the account and activate the SIM, or do I need an actual physical tablet to activate the SIM and then swap?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    403
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T, Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpen View Post
    So would a "generated" tablet IMEI work to create the account and activate the SIM ... ?
    Yes. STILL.

    Hopefully the SIM isn't now marked as a HotSpot in the AT&T system, though, else you may need to get a new one.
    Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817T on AT&T
    Galaxy S7 on StraightTalk (AT&T)

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    SW Fla.
    Posts
    12
    Device(s)
    Palm Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    ATT / Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kencrudup View Post
    Yes. STILL.

    Hopefully the SIM isn't now marked as a HotSpot in the AT&T system, though, else you may need to get a new one.
    Uggh... I hope not. Very tempted to go with some eBay reseller if that turns out to be the case.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    403
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T, Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    0
    You can get AT&T SIMs for free or cheap from a variety of places; Corporate stores will give you one for free (say "you want to take it home to activate in your iPad"), and MVNOs on AT&T (Straight Talk/H2O) SIMs work as well, and you can get those from Target or BestBuy or Walmart on the cheap.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,748
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Mega, OP6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpen View Post
    Uggh... I hope not. Very tempted to go with some eBay reseller if that turns out to be the case.
    Since you never went thru with the transaction I bet you’re ok.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    403
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T, Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    0
    BTW, sign up at this link instead: https://dcp2.att.com/OEPNDClient/pages/B-00T.jsp . That one is iPad-specific; don't know if it's the same functionality as "buyasession" after all, but that link's the one I've always used.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    SW Fla.
    Posts
    12
    Device(s)
    Palm Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    ATT / Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kencrudup View Post
    BTW, sign up at this link instead: https://dcp2.att.com/OEPNDClient/pages/B-00T.jsp . That one is iPad-specific; don't know if it's the same functionality as "buyasession" after all, but that link's the one I've always used.
    Thanks very much for that link. The web form finally accepted an iPad IMEI and the proper plan was presented. Popped in the SIM, rebooted the MOFI and I'm in business. Hopefully it doesn't get flagged for the mismatch.

    Next task for me is to see if I can actually pull in a signal at the camp in the middle of the Everglades. We're about 10 miles past BFE and my phone rarely gets a single 3G HSPA+ bar when I'm down there. Antennas and LMR-400 on order.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. AT&T standalone $20 unlimited iPad (tablet) plan?
    By Capt Moore in forum Data Cards
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 08-17-2018, 05:00 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2016, 02:16 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2004, 02:41 AM
  4. Unlimited SMS Are we going to get it?
    By mypape in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-04-2004, 11:02 AM
  5. Are incoming calls on weekends free too??
    By TomThumb in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-23-2002, 06:13 PM

Bookmarks