Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Verizon revamps Prepaid plan lineup: Carryover Data is gone for new subscribers

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down Verizon revamps Prepaid plan lineup: Carryover Data is gone for new subscribers

Looks like Verizon has changed their Prepaid plans.

Biggest change appears to be carryover data is now gone unless you're already grandfathered in.

Plan prices have dropped $5 but only if you use autopay......which is a ripoff since you have to pay taxes & fees. Cheaper to buy discounted refill cards off eBay.

$50 plan now has 8GB of data and unlimited free calling to Canada & Mexico.

Unlimited data plan is $5 cheaper but no longer supports hotspot.

Here's a writeup by bestmvno.com about Verizon's Prepaid plan changes:

https://bestmvno.com/verizon-wireles...opay-discount/
    Last edited by taoman; 11-06-2018 at 08:14 PM. Reason: added url

Feedback Score
    Actually unlimited used to be $75 now it's $70 without autopay $65 with autopay. So $10 difference if you use autopay. If you don't need hotspot why would you not get this over postpaid Go?

$60 10 GB plan gone

$50 7 GB plan now 8 GB or $45 with autopay

$40 3 GB plan the same except you can get $5 discount for autopay

$30 500 MB still exists for some reason

Now can have up to 10 lines

Your complaint about taxes/fees is moot because you paid them before and blame your state for those not Verizon. Was hoping for another double data promo but instead they do this. Overall lame attempt and shows why Verizon keeps losing prepaid customers every quarter. If one live in an area where at&t and/or t-mobile coverage is equal to Verizon why would you go with Verizon prepaid over Cricket or MetroPCS?

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Your complaint about taxes/fees is moot because you paid them before and blame your state for those not Verizon.
    It's hardly a moot complaint. I never pay (or have paid) taxes/fees. I buy refill PIN cards off eBay and pay no fees or taxes of any kind. Never have.

Feedback Score
    Correct I dont pay taxes either. From what it looks like i cant make any changes to my plan or i lose rollover and the 4 lines for $100 promotion. Bummer, i shouldve upgraded the wifes line from 3 gb to 7 gb prior.

I bet if i tried adding a 5th line id lose that promotion as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    It's hardly a moot complaint. I never pay (or have paid) taxes/fees. I buy refill PIN cards off eBay and pay no fees or taxes of any kind. Never have.
    Well continue to do that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MayorOfSexyTown View Post
    Correct I dont pay taxes either. From what it looks like i cant make any changes to my plan or i lose rollover and the 4 lines for $100 promotion. Bummer, i shouldve upgraded the wifes line from 3 gb to 7 gb prior.

I bet if i tried adding a 5th line id lose that promotion as well.
    So you and the other guy avoid paying 911 fees that everyone has to pay? I bet you expect 911 to come help you if you need it though.

Feedback Score
    So you and the other guy avoid paying 911 fees that everyone has to pay? I bet you expect 911 to come help you if you need it though.
    Actually you are the only one paying those fees. On behalf of everyone thanks for building the entire 911 infrastructure for us.

Feedback Score

Verizon revamps Prepaid plan lineup: Carryover Data is gone for new subscribers

I liked the way they did rollover. Too bad it’s gone.

Device(s)
    Motorola VE20 (mine)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    $30 500 MB still exists for some reason
    If you are around WiFi a large portion of the time, this is great way to have Verizon coverage but still have a bit of data for when you are out and about at a reasonable price. If you don't stream data goes a long way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by music4praise View Post
    If you are around WiFi a large portion of the time, this is great way to have Verizon coverage but still have a bit of data for when you are out and about at a reasonable price. If you don't stream data goes a long way.
    Could have bumped it to 1 GB. ZERO plans should have MB next to a number

Feedback Score
    So no hotpot on phone for unlimited plan but you can add a hotspot/jetpack on prepaid unlimited plan. huh?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So VZW dropped hotspotting in the change from $75 unlimited to $70? Well, that stinks.
    Just got a new $75 preloaded sim off eBay Friday and hotpotting as I type. Pricing has escalated drastically in the past few months so maybe I wouldn't get another one anyway.
    Your, you're, yore; there, their, they're; to, too, two; by, buy; add, ad; for, four, fore.
    a) better to light a candle, or b) curse the darkness?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Verizon revamps Prepaid plan lineup: Carryover Data is gone for new subscribers

They should’ve at least increased family discounts for all lines that have it, especially for the $40 plan.

Are we at least grandfathered? Including the old unlimited plan.

EDIT:

Looks like I’m grandfathered. About the new one... I have two lines. Does my line get both discounts??

Last edited by freakonomics101; 11-06-2018 at 09:18 PM.
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    Unlimited data for mifi/jetpack devices at $65/month might be the best part of these new plans. I'm kind of surprised Verizon is even offering that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumCT View Post
    Unlimited data for mifi/jetpack devices at $65/month might be the best part of these new plans. I'm kind of surprised Verizon is even offering that.
    Yeah I'm not getting that. On postpaid you get 15 GB then 600 kbps max. Though that would only be $20. Still that means one could get hotspot for $65 and as long as they aren't congested can use 500 GB a month at 4G speeds.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast