Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Verizon revamps Prepaid plan lineup: Carryover Data is gone for new subscribers

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s, Ipad Mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    Coverage. AT&T prepaid doesn’t have Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE. Cricket does have those features and has an unlimited full speed plan. Mobile hotspot is a $10 add on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But for most is the difference in coverage between att and verizon that great that it warrants $20+ more per month?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    But for most is the difference in coverage between att and verizon that great that it warrants $20+ more per month?
    Some rely or need Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE. I rely on Wi-Fi calling at work and my place.

iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s, Ipad Mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    Some rely or need Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE. I rely on Wi-Fi calling at work and my place.

That is understandable. How does VZW prepaid compare to their postpaid? I heard it is ridiculously slow.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    So why get this "unlimited" over att prepaid unlimited for $45?
    Because they are about the same price with discounted Verizon refill pins. With the 30% off refill pins and turning on auto pay, Verizon prepaid unlimited only costs $45.50 each month.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    That is understandable. How does VZW prepaid compare to their postpaid? I heard it is ridiculously slow.
    Identical around here, where I travel in the DC area. I get the same fast 100Mb/s download speeds over Verizon Prepaid as I got on Verizon post paid. Only I pay a heck of a lot less by getting the refill pins at a discount. And I never see any slow downs except where everyone else also has slow downs. There are two areas I see slowdowns at. And in those two areas, everyone on postpaid and prepaid sees the same slowdowns.

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s, Ipad Mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
    Because they are about the same price with discounted Verizon refill pins. With the 30% off refill pins and turning on auto pay, Verizon prepaid unlimited only costs $45.50 each month.
    Where do you get refills for 30% off?

Feedback Score
    Where do you get refills for 30% off?
    This ^^^ I see half off refills on eBay with positive feedback... how are they able to do this legitimately?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    This ^^^ I see half off refills on eBay with positive feedback... how are they able to do this legitimately?
    No idea. But eBay has been where I've been picking mine up over the last six months or so. Worst case I can go back to getting them from Target. Not 30% off but I can get 14.5% off from Target. They have 10% off sales several times throughout the year. Then with the Target Red card you can get 5% off, after the 10% is taken off. Which works out to a total of 14.5% off.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Ok so question someone since there is no carryover data to lose with activating a double data sim is this saying it will or won’t come with it? I already have an active Walmart SIM card with the carryover data. So am I better off just using that SIM card/account from this point?

Device(s)
    Pixel 2, Moto X4, Moto G6, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    When I had both services, speeds were essentially the same whenever I compared them.
    Pixel 2, Moto X4 & Moto G6 on Google Fi
    iPhone 6S on Verizon Prepaid

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Ok so question someone since there is no carryover data to lose with activating a double data sim is this saying it will or won’t come with it? I already have an active Walmart SIM card with the carryover data. So am I better off just using that SIM card/account from this point?
    I don't know how to make it any clearer.
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    Any/all new activations beginning 11-6-18 will not have carryover data.
    Double data SIM cards require new activation. Is a new activation going to happen before or after 11-6-18? There's no carryover data to lose because there is no longer any carryover data feature available after 11-6-18 (unless grandfathered). Am I really being that unclear?

IMHO, double data beats carryover data all day long. But, you still have to consider your monthly data usage patterns. Maybe you don't need it.
    I just bought a $50/month plan double data SIM card for $23.50 which will give me 16GB a month. With discounted refill cards my monthly cost should average ~$30/month.

PS. Dealer I bought the double data SIM card from said the double data promotion continues until the end of the year. I'm thinking of buying more double data SIM cards for family members and pull them into my account for a family plan for additional savings.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    I don't know how to make it any clearer.

Double data SIM cards require new activation. Is a new activation going to happen before or after 11-6-18? There's no carryover data to lose because there is no longer any carryover data feature available after 11-6-18 (unless grandfathered). Am I really being that unclear?

IMHO, double data beats carryover data all day long. But, you still have to consider your monthly data usage patterns. Maybe you don't need it.
    I just bought a $50/month plan double data SIM card for $23.50 which will give me 16GB a month. With discounted refill cards my monthly cost should average ~$30/month.

PS. Dealer I bought the double data SIM card from said the double data promotion continues until the end of the year. I'm thinking of buying more double data SIM cards for family members and pull them into my account for a family plan for additional savings.
    I just got a little confused that was all. Was not intended to cause anything but now makes sense what you are saying and thanks for clearing that up

Feedback Score
    i just got my friend on the unlimited plan and added a cc for autopay.
    can people confirm that if i get refill cards on ebay at close to half off i can add those to my account and it will use that balance instead of charging the cc on file?
    the ebay half off is really cool if it can last. how long have they been on ebay so cheap?
    thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boherez View Post
    i just got my friend on the unlimited plan and added a cc for autopay.
    can people confirm that if i get refill cards on ebay at close to half off i can add those to my account and it will use that balance instead of charging the cc on file?
    the ebay half off is really cool if it can last. how long have they been on ebay so cheap?
    thanks!
    if autopay works like postpaid you need either a debit or checking account to get it not cc.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    if autopay works like postpaid you need either a debit or checking account to get it not cc.
    Prepaid autopay is credit/debit card only.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast