Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Unlimited Jetpack plan $65 no contract

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pendetim View Post
    Has this been resolved? Is it only with the 8800L series or is the 7730L series also being affected?
    Problem is still there. Even on 7730L & 8800L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryland View Post
    Not really sure, but to the people having this problem id suggest calling Verizon to let them know of this problem, so they can find a solution.
    I tried calling Verizon advanced tech support and requested them to open an engineering ticket but the rep literally hung up by making me explain all.... then called one more time. Tried reset and all that and no go, now because I know they literally donít care much of prepaid tech support, I gave up unless you have that departmentís personnelís contact info or an email address where I can send an email. I will gladly write an email or contact someone in that department. Cant bear the runarounds and multiple transfers.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ddennis002 View Post
    Hello everyone, i am ddennis002 from dslreports forum, i saw this link to this thread on our forum over there and i see some people are having a sync no surf conditions after X amount of data. I hope i can help some of you out. I have been in close contact with a verizon network engineer for the past 3-4 weeks and have talked with him about this issue and what the cause is. I don't have all the details but right now the only way to fix the issue is to call in to CS or go to a verizon store have them completely remove the line and device from your account and re add it back. This will fix the issue they originally thought this was due to a hard data usage cap that was in place but after further investigation, it is an issue with how the device is provisioned on the account with the codes that network manage the line. From what i was told this issue started around the first of the year when jetpack lines were taken from 1080p stream limit to 720p limit. This issue is not device specific and the amount of data the device will run before no sync happens varys from what i been told. This should only be affecting customers that had the line setup before the stream limit change. Next time i get a call from the engineer i will remember to get the NBR case # so other people can reference this to report there issue this should kick you straight from CS on the phone to tier 2 support. But a CS rep is capable of removing the line and adding it back like they would if it was a new line. I will try to keep an eye on this thread if anyone needs any assistance.
    Thanks for reporting back. Question, if they remove a line can they add back same device and sim? Because on prepaid sometimes it has happened that they canít reactivate the old sim. Postpaid doesnít cause such issues but could have changed for prepaid too. Will they do it for free or will they charge? Do you happen to have an email for that engineer in Verizon?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfwarrior View Post
    Thanks for reporting back. Question, if they remove a line can they add back same device and sim? Because on prepaid sometimes it has happened that they canít reactivate the old sim. Postpaid doesnít cause such issues but could have changed for prepaid too. Will they do it for free or will they charge? Do you happen to have an email for that engineer in Verizon?
    No problem I was fustrated with this problem for almost 2 weeks before it was resolved. Yes same device and sim Verizon on bricks sims that were used in blacklisted devices. I have used old post paid sims before to activate prepaid lines online cause the closest store is an hour away. Completely free I even got a $30 credit for the issue. I do not have direct contact info unfortunately. I will see if I can get an email address or something from him. Iíd recommend that you go to a store and just have them do it. Just tell them exactly what you want them to do and they probably do it for ya. I havenít had one issues since the line was removed and readded back. Iím 10 days into this cycle at just over 300GB of usage. Most of the people you will talk to over the phone donít have a clue and are just script readers. It didnít matter which which device I put the sim in was not device specific and I did extensive troubleshooting before calling Verizon.

Feedback Score
    This should only be affecting customers that had the line setup before the stream limit change.
    My account was setup last year before the change. I have two accounts on many devices and have not had this problem.

Could it have something to do with going over the 1.25 TB cap at one time; permanently branding your SIM?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eael Camembert View Post
    My account was setup last year before the change. I have two accounts on many devices and have not had this problem.

Could it have something to do with going over the 1.25 TB cap at one time; permanently branding your SIM?
    I donít think so, my mother in-law had the same issue I did right after mine started and she was no where close to the cap, I think itís a glitch in Verizon system that some accounts where the codes were changed didnít change correctly causing this issue thatís why it just started recently. I been on this plan since 3 days after it launched using extremely high amounts of data and didnít have one issue until after the stream limit changed.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I donít think so, my mother in-law had the same issue I did right after mine started and she was no where close to the cap, I think itís a glitch in Verizon system that some accounts where the codes were changed didnít change correctly causing this issue thatís why it just started recently. I been on this plan since 3 days after it launched using extremely high amounts of data and didnít have one issue until after the stream limit changed.
    Is it some lines only that get effected or the whole account if some lines were added in first week of this plan launching and some later?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfwarrior View Post
    Is it some lines only that get effected or the whole account if some lines were added in first week of this plan launching and some later?
    From what I have seen it is only affecting jetpack lines only that were added before the stream limit change. Which happened after the first of the year. I donít think itís affecting everyone even then but I have seen a lot of this popping up if you look on Verizon forum and even reviews of jetpacks on Verizonís site.

Feedback Score
    I think the quickest way to clear up the issue without much BS from Verizon would be wait until day before cycle end cancel the jetpack line then readd it the next day. Donít have to deal with prorated bs. This would save hassle of pointless troubleshooting over the phone for hours. I spent probably 15 hours total on the phone with them most of the time having to explain over and over what the problem was.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think the quickest way to clear up the issue without much BS from Verizon would be wait until day before cycle end cancel the jetpack line then readd it the next day. Don’t have to deal with prorated bs. This would save hassle of pointless troubleshooting over the phone for hours. I spent probably 15 hours total on the phone with them most of the time having to explain over and over what the problem was.
    Yup!!! do this and ull be just fine

Feedback Score
    I think the quickest way to clear up the issue without much BS from Verizon would be wait until day before cycle end cancel the jetpack line then readd it the next day..
    Good idea and EZ. That's all VZ's engineer could figure out what to do. Delete, install, give you $30 in VZ bucks and send you on your way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eael Camembert View Post
    Good idea and EZ. That's all VZ's engineer could figure out what to do. Delete, install, give you $30 in VZ bucks and send you on your way.
    They are still currently working on it and have a open NBR open for the issue but until they figure out a system wide fix nothing with get trickled down to CS that just how it is.
    I think its worse for the people that don't understand how the backend of networks works, most people think it just bad device or sim card ect.

These are from verizon's site. I believe these to be on prepaid having the same issues from what they describe.

★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆1 out of 5.
    Lawnguy∑4 days ago
    8800L Jetpack Dropping Connection
    Like mentioned in other reviews i to had great experience first 2 months. Than just 4 days ago cant keep this thing connected. It drops or disconnects every 5-30 minutes and is at this time useless. It was an unbelievable device first 2 months and loved the thing. So their obviously is a software or bug that needs worked out and hope they correct soon. If this can be fixed with update and works like it did first 2 months this thing is great and a lot of people could benefit. But if they don't address issue quickly they are going to loose a lot of people that loved the product at beginning.

★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆2 out of 5.
    MikeO∑11 days ago
    Might be great after they fix the bugs
    Purchased in late October (Prepaid/Unlimited), worked as expected for about 2 months aside from kicking devices off randomly a couple of times a day. Annoying, but not excessive to me. Fast speed and the unlimited plan truly is/was. I'd been reading in support groups about people having significant issues with getting kicked off WiFi every 15 minutes and that started happening to me right at the start of my 3rd month and has continued every day since. I'm on a digital nomads support group on FB where a couple hundred people have this device and the vast majority have the same issue. I've seen reports Inseego is quietly collecting user log data to try and fix this but nothing has been dine to date (the issue appears to have been identified in mid November). When it works it's great, when it doesn't, it's a brick and unusable. I'm reverting back to a 7730 until they patch this problem. Pretty disappointed to date with Verizon's response so far; they should be taking these back without the restocking fee until this is resolved

In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think the quickest way to clear up the issue without much BS from Verizon would be wait until day before cycle end cancel the jetpack line then readd it the next day. Don’t have to deal with prorated bs. This would save hassle of pointless troubleshooting over the phone for hours. I spent probably 15 hours total on the phone with them most of the time having to explain over and over what the problem was.
    If you cancel then resign back up won't the problem still be there. Verizon still has not figured out what the problem is a.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bcltoys View Post
    If you cancel then resign back up won't the problem still be there. Verizon still has not figured out what the problem is a.
    "
    This will fix the issue they originally thought this was due to a hard data usage cap that was in place but after further investigation, it is an issue with how the device is provisioned on the account with the codes that network manage the line. From what i was told this issue started around the first of the year when jetpack lines were taken from 1080p stream limit to 720p limit. This issue is not device specific and the amount of data the device will run before no sync happens varys from what i been told.
    "
    From the previous post

In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Got it .

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast