Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Unlimited Jetpack plan $65 no contract

Feedback Score
    I just want to report that I have been using this service a little while now with several devices. An old ebay Jetpack, the current Vzw Ellipsis and a Mofi. The ebay one and the Ellipsis seem to be band 4/band 13 only. Band 4 too weak here and band 13 is very slow data, also noted on my Total Wireless phone driving around.

The Mofi is worlds better because it can lock out/lock in whatever bands you want. Band 5 is what works here now. 8 meg at good times, 3 meg late at night.

If I drive a little way I can get 40+ meg on band 4 on my phone so I will be putting up a high antenna here and trying that next.

The bottom line is I would say the jetpacks have lousy antennas and without a very strong signal on one of the bands they actually have, service is likely to be poor. It is a pity because this service really seems to work when it has a good RF link.

Feedback Score
    I decided that today would be a good day to test the Jetpack again. This time, it refused all connections with an incorrect key error when I started it the first time, but accepted them after restarting. I've found that restarting the device is sometimes necessary the day after the payment is charged, which was yesterday. I don't know why.

Here's a speed test from a few minutes ago:

For perspective, this test was while backfeeding the Jetpack's WiFi through an old router set to client mode and feeding the entire network through a managed switch. Most of the devices on the network were idle, however.

As I said earlier, my experience with this device and service has been remarkably consistent and suitable for my needs. For you, maybe not so much.

Based on what people here are saying and my own experience, I think competition for bandwidth is what makes the difference (assuming good 4G signal, of course) in the speeds you can expect. I live in a village with fewer than 500 full-time residents, so there's very little competition. I'm not sure I'd be as happy with the service if I still lived in NYC.

Richard

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by resucami View Post
    After having done 100 speed tests over a period of 24 hours (see screen shot) I tend to believe that Verizon is not "de-prioritizing" my $65/$70 plan. I live in Sedona which is Arizona's second most visited tourist attraction (after the Grand Canyon) and we have a very busy high season right now. I think it is likely that there is data congestion happening at this time.

I had yesterday up to 5 devices running on the hotspot. In general there was no problem; most of the time I had at least 3 Mbps, often more than 5, sometimes less than 1.

Interesting is that even at the most busy times I had no problems to stream HBO and Netflix without stuttering in the usual good quality onto my 60" television set - and even at the least busy times streaming a live event through YouTube happened only in a rather ****** quality (this is a regular event that I watch several times a week and that has a very good quality when watched with my cable ISP). I guess that HBO and Netflix pay money to Verizon to prioritize their stuff. I did not try Amazon Prime Video; will do that at a later time.

I am a little disappointed because I had hoped for at least 5 Mbps at any time. However, I have to repeat that there was "in general" no problem for the whole day. I guess I will have to experiment a little longer, also with external antennas (I ordered already one), to come to a more solid judgement about this plan.

Cheers!

Attachment 162403

PS #1: A larger version of the screen shot can be downloaded here:
    https://send.firefox.com/download/2a...S7763qI9bfWuKQ

PS #2: How pathetic that even a harmless and truthful word like sh*tty gets automatically obscured here. Big brother is watching me. And you!
    If you want to know for sure, using a plan that does not get deprioritized (or is not yet subject to deprioritization due to being below the threshold), use a device where you can see/select what bands to connect to. Do the same with your $65 prepaid plan. Get everything on the same bands, location, signal, etc, and try some speed tests to the same place/server. You have to remove all the other variables otherwise you are just guessing.

Feedback Score
    I don't see this under Tablet & Jetpack plans as of this morning

Is it still available?

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake Michigan View Post
    I don't see this under Tablet & Jetpack plans as of this morning

Is it still available?
    I see it. Now $70/month.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    I see it. Now $70/month.
    How about a link to that please. Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jrd48 View Post
    How about a link to that please. Thanks.
    Go to vzw.com
    click plans
    prepaid
    scroll down to tablets and devices section
    view plans

its in the same spot as the $65/month plan was...

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Jetpack 7730L
    Carrier(s)
    Mint Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    When I go to https://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/ and scroll down to the Tablet & Jetpack Plans section I see only a $35 and a $45 plan. The $70 plan ($65 with autopay) has disappeared from there.

However, when I click onto Buy now, then choose the Verizon Ellipsis Jetpack, then click Add to Cart and New customer, put in a zip code and end finally where one chooses a plan, the $70 plan shows up again and can be selected.

Something is weird here. Either it is a mistake that the $70 plan has disappeared from the Tablet & Jetpack Plans section, or it is a mistake that the plan shows up again in the end.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by resucami View Post
    When I go to https://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/ and scroll down to the Tablet & Jetpack Plans section I see only a $35 and a $45 plan. The $70 plan ($65 with autopay) has disappeared from there.

However, when I click onto Buy now, then choose the Verizon Ellipsis Jetpack, then click Add to Cart and New customer, put in a zip code and end finally where one chooses a plan, the $70 plan shows up again and can be selected.

Something is weird here. Either it is a mistake that the $70 plan has disappeared from the Tablet & Jetpack Plans section, or it is a mistake that the plan shows up again in the end.
    It shows it at $80( $75 with autopay ) and 15 GB limit

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    It shows it at $80( $75 with autopay ) and 15 GB limit
    The $80 plan is a postpaid plan for a Jetpack.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnothy View Post
    The $80 plan is a postpaid plan for a Jetpack.
    well then there is no prepaid unlimteid jetpack plan anymore

Device(s)
    Note3, AC971L, SHO MK2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    It's here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/
    Scroll toward the botton of the page under Tablets & Jetpacks

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Jetpack 7730L
    Carrier(s)
    Mint Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UnionMan354 View Post
    It's really strange that you see the $70 plan there. I don't and others don't. Could you post a current screen shot, please?

I can see the $70 plan only when I follow through as described by me in post #248.
    Last edited by resucami; 05-01-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UnionMan354 View Post
    nope doesn't show

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast