Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile Prepaid Introduces Limited Time Unlimited LTE Data Plan Offer

Feedback Score

T-Mobile Prepaid Introduces Limited Time Unlimited LTE Data Plan Offer

The unlimited 3G hotspot could replace home Internet.

And 50GB before data de-prioritization is good.

T-Mobile Prepaid Introduces Limited Time Unlimited LTE Data Plan Offer

https://www.prepaidphonenews.com/201...s-limited.html

The new plan offers unlimited LTE data at a price of $50 per month. Unfortunately, this plan will only be available for a limited time period.

The promotional plan includes a data prioritization policy. Once you have consumed 50GB of data in one month, your speed will be temporarily slowed down in times of network congestion.

The policy also includes a maximum of 480p video streaming and unlimited 3G mobile hotspot/tethering.

Feedback Score
    Great, Where can i switch over to this plan?

Feedback Score
    This link shows the limited time offer. It shows a button that says find a store so not sure if the offer is in-store only.

They also have a free phone deal but that is in-store only.

https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid

Feedback Score
    This is another link about the promo and says hotspot 3G speed should be about 512Kbps which is slow if you are downloading a large file.

https://bestmvno.com/t-mobile/t-mobi...-for-50-month/

Mobile hotspot/tethering is unlimited but restricted to 3G data speeds which should be about 512Kbps. No LTE hotspot data is provided.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    This link shows the limited time offer. It shows a button that says find a store so not sure if the offer is in-store only.

They also have a free phone deal but that is in-store only.

https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid
    I tried to find the free phone offer.

Will you please post a link?

I remember similar offers in the past but never jumped on the deal.

But this time I definitely think that I will.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I tried to find the free phone offer.

Will you please post a link?

I remember similar offers in the past but never jumped on the deal.

But this time I definitely think that I will.

It is on the same link but you need to press the arrow to see the slide about it.

Get a FREE select
    smartphone.
    With purchase of a $100 ePin or service credit. Choose from an LG Aristo 2, Moto e5 Play, or T-Mobile® REVVL®.

Plus device tax. Limited time offer; subject to change. While supplies last; participating locations only. $10 SIM Starter Kit and first month qualifying service may be required.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    It is on the same link but you need to press the arrow to see the slide about it.

Get a FREE select
    smartphone.
    With purchase of a $100 ePin or service credit. Choose from an LG Aristo 2, Moto e5 Play, or T-Mobile REVVL.

Plus device tax. Limited time offer; subject to change. While supplies last; participating locations only. $10 SIM Starter Kit and first month qualifying service may be required.
    Thank you so much for the information.
    I'm interested in the Moto e5 play.
    My cell phone Mentor gave me a Verizon version of the same phone and I'm very impressed with the quality of the phone.

Feedback Score
    Is this only for new activations or?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twiinciity View Post
    Is this only for new activations or?
    Here is the fine print below on the $50 promo. I don't see anything about new activations in the fine print below so I assume anyone can get this promo.

Note it says taxes & fees are extra.

Domestic use only. On all T-Mobile plans, during congestion, the small fraction of customers using >50GB/mo. may notice reduced speeds until next bill cycle due to data prioritization. Video typically streams at 480p. Tethering at max 3G speeds. Unlimited data while on our network. Plus taxes & fees. Participating stores only.

However, below is the fine print on the free phone offer. It says $10 SIM starter kit might be required so this might only be for new activations; however, I am not sure.

However, it is safer to call before going out to a store to find out for sure.

Feedback Score
    From the other unlimited plans in the $50 range I think this is better because it has unlimited 3G hotspot.

So for example, if you need hotspot to download a large file on windows you can do it. At 3G speed it might take days but you don't have to worry about being throttled to 2G.

However, it depends on what you need in a plan. For example, some people don't care about hotspot.

I just got a new boost mobile $25 unlimited promo plan which is usually $50. It has 8 GB hotspot and then throttled to 2G. So I prefer the boost $25 promo plan because it is cheaper but if I was paying $50 I would prefer the t-mobile $50 promo.

Feedback Score
    They've been offering this since late August, dont know why its being promoted as a new plan the past couple days. Also you have to sign up using the new rebellion system which has all kinds of bugs, so buyer beware.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    This is a great plan for those who don't require LTE hotspot, HD streaming or international roaming.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Unlimited 3G hotspot, why do they even bother offering this? It seems all but useless. Throw in something like 2 or 3 GB of LTE tethering, would be much more attractive.

Feedback Score
    If you need to download large files on hotspot most other unlimited plans throttle to 128 kbps after using up your LTE.

An example of a large file is the fortnite game that is over 12 GB. You have to download this file from an installer on Windows using hotspot.

If you could download all files on android and then transfer to Windows you would not need hotspot but a lot of downloads use installers on Windows so you need hotspot to download directly from windows.

Here is an example of download time.

4 GB at 128 kbps = 74:33:55 hours
    4 GB at 512 kbps = 18:38:28 hours

This is why I would prefer hotspot that is unlimited 3G to 4G throttled to 2G if I had a choice.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

That would be a cool thing. Other mobile service providers would probably imitate this system directly. Thus, this should also be possible for users of other mobile service providers, who do not use T-Mobile.
    Mobile Emoji Power

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast