Thread: What is AT&T Prepaid best value plan? Worst?

Feedback Score

What is AT&T Prepaid best value plan? Worst?

Comparing all carriers running on AT&T towers, which plan does AT&T Prepaid offer that stands out from the rest? Which ones are the worst?

Feedback Score
    Right now thru early January you can get the $65.00 unlimited plan for $45.00 a month with autopay.

Sent from my BND-L34 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aspen4844 View Post
    Comparing all carriers running on AT&T towers....
    If you're including MVNOs then I vote Red Pocket among the best.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 01.23.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.20.19
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 12.15.18

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aspen4844 View Post
    Comparing all carriers running on AT&T towers, which plan does AT&T Prepaid offer that stands out from the rest? Which ones are the worst?
    In order to truly answer that question you will need to be more detailed on what your needs are. Do want unlimited talk & text? How much data do you need a month?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    If you're including MVNOs then I vote Red Pocket among the best.
    Does it offer hotspot? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    This one is tough to answer because it all depends on your definition of "value". If "value" is lowest cost plus no issues with committing to a year at a time, then RedPocket is tough to beat at $20/month for 5GB ($240) and $25/month for 10GB ($300). If "value" includes having good, immediate and/or in-person customer service then AT&T Prepaid's plans are tough to beat, especially the $45 unlimited plan noted by Mandelstamm1, the $40/10GB with hotspot Wal-Mart promo plan, or the $40/8GB with hotspot non-promo plan. If "value" is absolute lowest cost, e.g. PAYGo, then H20 may be the best. If "value" is cheapest per-line cost for a multi-line account, then under the right conditions Cricket's plans (e.g. 4 lines/$100/month) can be tough to beat.

Does it offer hotspot? Thanks!
    Last time I checked earlier this year, RedPocket was offering hotspot but I don't know if the policy has changed.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornos View Post
    Last time I checked earlier this year, RedPocket was offering hotspot but I don't know if the policy has changed.
    Hotspot's not available on my iPhone when the RedPocket SIM is installed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Churner View Post
    Hotspot's not available on my iPhone when the RedPocket SIM is installed.
    If you have a phone from ATT the hotspot doesn't work unless you're actually with ATT. It won't work on any of the ATT MVNOs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by david0858 View Post
    If you have a phone from ATT the hotspot doesn't work unless you're actually with ATT. It won't work on any of the ATT MVNOs.
    You mean iphone. People report Android hotspot works, though some report having to call into RP to turn on hotspot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    You mean iphone. People report Android hotspot works, though some report having to call into RP to turn on hotspot.
    Not on the Andriod's I've tried. A couple Windows phones either for that matter. I don't do Apple so I have no idea about them but none of the ATT phones I've tried over the last two or three years have had a hotspot that will work with an ATT MVNO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by david0858 View Post
    Not on the Andriod's I've tried.
    From the horse's mouth at https://help.goredpocket.com/hc/en-u...pot-Supported-:

Tethering depends on the network and device.

GSMA
    [AT&T] SIM Cards: Tethering is supported on Android Devices. Tethering/Hotspot will will not work on iOS Devices.

CDMA SIM Cards: Tethering i supported on iOS Devices. Please contact support to enable tethering on your account for free! Tethering/Hotspot will not work on Android Devices.

GSMT SIM Cards and CDMAS SIM Cards/Devices: Tethering is supported on both Android and iOS Devices.