Thread: FreedomPop AT&T LTE Monthly SIM Basic 200 unlimited talk & text, 200MB data????

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles FreedomPop AT&T LTE Monthly SIM Basic 200 unlimited talk & text, 200MB data????

Last Morning, after Midnight, I was looking at one of my phones and it said the account was suspended with a billing information issue. Trying to reenter the credit card I had used would not allow me to enter the state name[abbreviation] in my address and thus would not accept the change. I then used PayPal and it seemed not to have 'taken' either. This morning [and a new billing month] it seemed to be working.

BUT, it now shows my plan as Basic 200 with unlimited talk & text, 200MB data.
    I checked my two other such plans and they also now show unlimited.
    I have two Basic 200 Semi-Annual which still shows limited talk and text. [200 each.]

Anyone else?

Unfortunately, two of those SIMs are the second SIM in a dual SIM phone that does not allow FP usage of its talk and text app to use those unlimited limits.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I’m on the pro 500 plan and still showing 200/500/500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles And now they give us unlimited talk and text that we don't even want or would use?

Quote Originally Posted by rfranzq View Post
    Unfortunately, two of those SIMs are the second SIM in a dual SIM phone that does not allow FP usage of its talk and text app to use those unlimited limits.
    I find it ironic that most people seem to do FP for the data which has shrunk over time.
    And now they give us unlimited talk and text that we don't even want or would use?

Feedback Score
    I find it ironic that most people seem to do FP for the data which has shrunk over time.
    And now they give us unlimited talk and text that we don't even want or would use?
    Ironic indeed. "Sleeves out of a vest," eh?

I just checked my accounts:

- My SprintNet Volts both show the appropriate 200 minutes/500 texts/550MB.
    - My one remining and functioning Global SIM shows the appropriate 200 minutes/500 texts/250MB.
    - One of my 4 LTE SIMS shows the appropriate 200 minutes/500 texts/250MB, with the added 2GB (announced via email) that FP gifted me this period.
    - The second of my 4 LTE SIMS shows the appropriate 200 minutes/500 texts/250MB
    - My third LTE SIM -- which re-billed on 11/6, like yours, now shows unlimited talk and text with 250MB.
    - Unsurprisingly, the LTE SIM that I acquired last month to replace the killed GSM SIM in my FP MiFi2 shows 250MB (no minutes; no texts; as per usual).

I'm guessing this is just a "FP screwed-up editing its billing system" error, just like the recent one that showed many of our plans being bumped to 1GB of data. That went away after a few days. This is likely to as well.
    Last edited by brg; 11-08-2018 at 09:59 AM. Reason: (Added thought at end)

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by brg View Post
    Ironic indeed. "Sleeves out of a vest," eh?
    I like that phrase, but not sure what it means. [no clue actually.]
    I do wear a vest occasionally, but never a tie.

Feedback Score
    I like that phrase, but not sure what it means. [no clue actually.]
    I do wear a vest occasionally, but never a tie.
    It means to give up nothing at all.

Think of the visual: you have a vest, and you offer someone "the sleeves out of your vest." That's a pretty useless, hollow, worthless offer, eh? Because there are no sleeves. So you are giving them nothing.

That's why I think it is apropos to your statement. As you pointed out, most people seem to use FP for data (which has shrunk over time). The flip-side of that is that few use FP for talking and texting. Thus, FP offering unlimited talk and text (that you suggest are unwanted and would be unused) is a useless, hollow, worthless offer. FP is giving us "the sleeves out of its vest."

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles Thanks for the explanation.

It means to give up nothing at all.
    Think of the visual: you have a vest, and you offer someone "the sleeves out of your vest." That's a pretty useless, hollow, worthless offer, eh? Because there are no sleeves. So you are giving them nothing.
    That's why I think it is apropos to your statement. As you pointed out, most people seem to use FP for data (which has shrunk over time). The flip-side of that is that few use FP for talking and texting. Thus, FP offering unlimited talk and text (that you suggest are unwanted and would be unused) is a useless, hollow, worthless offer. FP is giving us "the sleeves out of its vest."

Thanks for the explanation.
    I actually use the SIMs to fill slots on phones and can use a little data/text/calling on them.
    Mostly on WiFi, though.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles

I'm guessing this is just a "FP screwed-up editing its billing system" error, just like the recent one that showed many of our plans being bumped to 1GB of data. That went away after a few days. This is likely to as well.
    And you seem to be right, so far, about two of my plans.

BUT, it now shows my plan as Basic 200 with unlimited talk & text, 200MB data.
    I checked my two other such plans and they also now show unlimited.
    Fortunately, so far, the SIM that says unlimited still is the one in my #1 slot and usable in a dual SIM phone.
    We will see tomorrow.