Thread: Consumer Cellular bumps data allotments

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone SE , Sony Ericsson TM-506
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular , Airvoice Wireless
    Feedback Score

Consumer Cellular bumps data allotments

Wanted to check our data balance on CC while doing a lot of traveling and found out that, starting with this month, our 2 GB shared plan has been bumped to 5 GB at the same price. In looking at their other plans, it looks like all of them have been doubled or more. The levels are now 250 MB, 2 GB (old 1 GB plan; we were on this and moved up to 2 GB), 5 GB (old 2 GB plan), 10 GB, and 20 GB. Don't know what the old levels were.

It doesn't hurt to see data bumped up. Now my wife and I can share two lines, unlimited calls, unlimited text, and 5 GB of data for around $56/month (tax included). I know there are better deals out there as far as $/GB but CC has worked for us as we travel to some fairly rural locations in the Midwest.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveinmn View Post
    Wanted to check our data balance on CC while doing a lot of traveling and found out that, starting with this month, our 2 GB shared plan has been bumped to 5 GB at the same price. In looking at their other plans, it looks like all of them have been doubled or more. The levels are now 250 MB, 2 GB (old 1 GB plan; we were on this and moved up to 2 GB), 5 GB (old 2 GB plan), 10 GB, and 20 GB. Don't know what the old levels were.

It doesn't hurt to see data bumped up. Now my wife and I can share two lines, unlimited calls, unlimited text, and 5 GB of data for around $56/month (tax included). I know there are better deals out there as far as $/GB but CC has worked for us as we travel to some fairly rural locations in the Midwest.
    Sure thing, I receive an e-mail newsletter this morning boasting of the new plan increases. Seems CC is becoming much more competitive!

Effective November 1, we’ve increased the data included on nearly all of our Connect Plans—in most cases, actually doubling the amount—without raising any prices.

From small to large, you’ll find a great deal across the board. Users on our largest plan ($40 a month) will now get 20GB of data instead of 10GB. Our $30 plan has been expanded from 5GB to 10GB per month, the $20 plan has increased from 3GB to 5GB a month, and our $10 plan has doubled from 1GB to 2GB a month. Plus, light users can still get a 250MB data plan for just $5 a month.

What hasn’t changed is the complete flexibility of our no-contract plans. If your needs change, you can switch plans at any time—whether going larger or smaller—with no additional fees. Sign up for our free Usage Alerts so you’ll never need to worry about keeping track! You’ll be notified when you are getting close to your plan’s limit, and if you do go over the data it includes, there are no overage penalties. We’ll automatically upgrade you to the next level plan instead, so you always get the best rate for what you’re really using.

Our Connect plans have always delivered tremendous value—and now they deliver even more!
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks, months now a year+ TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers, especially BYOP.

Device(s)
    Moto G LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    The new 5GB plan used to be 3GB. Our usage fluctuated sometimes below 3, sometimes above. The increase to 5 will cover us most of the time without bumping up to the next tier except maybe on vacations.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone SE , Sony Ericsson TM-506
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular , Airvoice Wireless
    Feedback Score
    We actually went down a tier. 2 GB is plenty for us, at least for now. We're such lame data users.