Thread: Does Verizon (postpaid) have a plan for us?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256gig (me), iPhone 7 32gig (wife)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Does Verizon (postpaid) have a plan for us?

Two people, two phones, retired "mature" adults ... both with (unlocked and unrestricted Verizon) iPhone 7 devices ...

We were with Alltel for some 10 years before Verizon bought them, then with Verizon for about 5 years. At the time, we used (together) under 500 minutes, 50 texts, and 200 meg data. For this I was paying about $150 including taxes and fees, and I became dissatisfied. Verizon could not then offer any postpaid plan nor prepaid plan that was reasonable, so I switched to a Verizon MVNO, PagePlus.

I'm occasionally (but rarely) irritated when in "extended coverage" areas to not have service. I'd like to go back onto Verizon postpaid (credit won't be a problem) but don't want to go WAY over the $60 (INCLUDING taxes and fees) we pay PagePlus. A hot spot for occasional use would be nice.

Unlimited voice and SMS seems to be everywhere, it is only data that comes into play. Unless one of us messes up and forgets to connect to WiFi somewhere, 2 gig is more than enough for us ... my cellular data usage averages 200 meg/mo, wife's 1 gig; we've never exceeded 2 gig in a month.

I don't think I'm stupid, but reading the website is most unclear; it looks like I can get 2 gig, 2 lines, for $75 plus taxes and fees ... and some setup charge(s), unmentioned on the site but discussed here and elsewhere. But why $70+ for 3 gig each, 2 lines on prepaid, maybe less with automatic billing? Is the extended that valuable to them?

What would the experts here recommend? (I'm not interested in another carrier, too many holes in the western SC/NC/TN/KY/VA mountains; prepaid is bad enough.)

Thanks for thoughts,

George

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    You could always do Verizon prepaid. With two 3GB lines for $70 less an auto pay discount. And then get the refill pins at a 15% to 50% discount.

I'm on the unlimited prepaid plan for one line which is $65 with auto pay. With the last refill pin discount of 45% I got, that makes my actual monthly cost around $36 for my unlimited prepaid. Which is a heck of a lot less than I paid when I was on Verizon post paid unlimited.

Verizon also has a seniors discount on post paid. But I don't remember what it is. But with post paid there is so much extra with fees and taxes. Which is the main reason I switched to pre-paid. Then I found I could get the refill pins at a good discount. Which made it an even better deal.

Device(s)
    Motorola VE20 (mine)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The $75 + taxes/fees for 2GB and 2 lines on postpaid is correct. If you would like roaming to be included, that is about the best you can do unless you qualify for a discount. The senior unlimited plan is $80 + taxes/fees for 2 lines. I frequently travel to out of the way places so I find the seamless roaming you get with postpaid very handy. I think these are your two best choices if you want to get back on postpaid.

Feedback Score
    Go Unlimited for 55+. Says only certain states but others have been able to get it. 2 lines $80 plus taxes and fees so maybe another $10

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks folks. Aaron, you missed that I want back on postpaid because of the holes in prepaid. I know it is less expensive. We just spend a little time in those holes.

Going from just under 60 (prepaid PagePlus including taxes and fees, autopay) to "about" 90 if the 55+ unlimited includes the hotspot might be in the picture letting us use our notebooks when we travel. I'll inquire locally (Greenville SC).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gbynum View Post
    Thanks folks. Aaron, you missed that I want back on postpaid because of the holes in prepaid. I know it is less expensive. We just spend a little time in those holes.

Going from just under 60 (prepaid PagePlus including taxes and fees, autopay) to "about" 90 if the 55+ unlimited includes the hotspot might be in the picture letting us use our notebooks when we travel. I'll inquire locally (Greenville SC).
    That hotpot will be limited to 600 kbps

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Which unlimited of their plans does the Senior discount include?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    I laugh (at me, not you) about these limits ... I used the internet with a 2400 bps modem. And BBS systems with my 300/1200 before that. We shared a 56k dialup between 3 computers for about 3 years. TIMES HAVE CERTAINLY CHANGED! MAN what an improvement the 1.544 Mbps I saw with my first DSL.

I don't stream. My wife does some, mostly on the phone, not computer. Computer use is primarily email.