Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: FreeUP Mobile - has anyone tried their free plan?

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Anyone's expiration date change? I haven't logged in in about a week. Logged in this afternoon and it says expires in 28 days, on July 13th. It used to coincide with the end of the month.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, G4+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Anyone's expiration date change? I haven't logged in in about a week. Logged in this afternoon and it says expires in 28 days, on July 13th. It used to coincide with the end of the month.
    I noticed mine was off also. I check it a couple times a month and i was able to renew yesterday instead of next week.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

FreeUP Mobile - has anyone tried their free plan?

Signed up last weekend and received the sim Thursday. Using it in my Asus Zenfone dual sim phone with Red Pocket $10 plan on TMO as sim 1 and FreeUP on AT&T as sim 2. Basically the phone always stays in my car. It’s not my primary cell. I rarely carry my cell at work and make out of town deliveries on short notice... so can just grab this phone out of my car when that happens. Having both TMO and AT&T is a plus since I usually end up in the middle of nowhere.

FreeUP works perfectly and had it running within a few minutes. Native AT&T service with a local number. 1000 minutes or 1000 texts per month. Absolutely no data on the current free plan. Trying to access data just times out.

Now if I can just remember to renew monthly before the due date. Got reminders set... but I’m really bad remembering this kind of stuff over the long haul LOL.

Sent from my iPad using HoFo
    Joplin T-Mobile

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Bought an AT&T prepaid LG Phoenix 4 from BestBuy. Put FreeUp Mobile SIM card in. It worked.
    The phone was never activated on the AT&T network. AT&T froze both the phone and the SIM card. The message was “there was problem at the point of sale”… They thought the phone was stolen
    Had to send AT&T a copy of the receipt. Took 3 hours to get everything straighten out.
    Lesson learned: if you want to use a new never activated phone with FreeUp mobile, please call FreeUp mobile to register the IMEI.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone_test View Post
    Bought an AT&T prepaid LG Phoenix 4 from BestBuy. Put FreeUp Mobile SIM card in. It worked.
    The phone was never activated on the AT&T network. AT&T froze both the phone and the SIM card. The message was “there was problem at the point of sale”… They thought the phone was stolen
    Had to send AT&T a copy of the receipt. Took 3 hours to get everything straighten out.
    Lesson learned: if you want to use a new never activated phone with FreeUp mobile, please call FreeUp mobile to register the IMEI.
    This is interesting! I was wondering if you could use an AT&T prepaid phone with FreeUp without getting it unlocked. What is strange is that I bought a Maven 3 at best buy and used a FreedomPop sim in it without ever registering anything, and never had a problem. So it's good to know that the FreeUp sim can be used in a locked AT&T prepaid phone but I wonder if AT&T freezing it is new, because it didn't happen to me.
    Can you provide more details? Can you even register an IMEI with FreeUp? I thought you just installed the sim and used it. I'm surprised AT&T found out you were not using their phone for their own prepaid service and still unfroze it. Any additional info would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone_test View Post
    I've never heard of anyone having such issues. But it sounds more like Bestbuy didn't scan it properly or something.

When you activate with freeup the IMEI is registered. It shows up on your account too.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by UltGladiator View Post
    I've never heard of anyone having such issues. But it sounds more like Bestbuy didn't scan it properly or something.

When you activate with freeup the IMEI is registered. It shows up on your account too.
    Probably this.
    I bought an LG Phoenix 4 from Fry's and used it with multiple H2O Wireless sims w/o any issues. Didn't need to unlock it. My understanding is that any AT&T mvno should work on a GoPhone.
    Last edited by AnciusD; 06-16-2019 at 05:04 PM.
    Your, you're, yore; there, their, they're; to, too, two; by, buy; add, ad; for, four, fore.
    a) better to light a candle, or b) curse the darkness?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I got one of these free SIM cards and decided to see if it would work on my iPhone 3GS. Popped the sim in (with an adapter) and bam! My iPhone 3GS can talk and text again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I had activated my FreeUp mobile SIM card on an older T-mobile phone. Then I learned on this forum that AT&T prepaid phone may work. The LG Phoenix was $40 at BestBuy. So, I bought it to give it a try. It worked fine for the first day. Then, both the new phone and the SIM card were locked. When I tried to make a call, an error message popped up on the phone. It said to hit 1 for support. So, I did, The call was routed to AT&T prepaid support. I was told that the package was not scanned in correctly. She knew the phone was newly "purchased" and it was not my older T-mobile phone. I had to read the IMEI to her. I told the rep that I had a copy of the receipt in front of me. I was asked to send a copy of the receipt to them via email. Scanned in the receipt to PDF and sent the PDF file. Then I receive a message that my account was all set.
    The phone still did not work. Hit 1 for support again. Then AT&T rep wanted the 800 number for FreeUp mobile. The AT&T rep talked with FreeUp Mobile to unfreeze the account.
    Went back to BestBuy, I was told that scanning the box in correctly was not an issue. Have no idea what really happened. My guess is that once the new phone was on AT&T network, a flag was sent that the phone had not been activated on the network. That triggered the freezing of both the phone and the SIM card. I put the SIM card back into the T-mobile phone, it still did not work.
    So, the lesson learned is that if you are going to switch to another phone, please call FreeUp mobile so that they can "register" the phone IMEI on the AT&T network.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    It's 7 coupons/day at $0.10.
    Well, they are not doing it right for me. I have had days where I printed 5-6 times, got paid for 2. Printed 7 coupons in 1 run, got paid for 1. Printed 1 or 2, got nothing. I have not once -ever- received more than $0.40 in one day from coupons, even though I'm sure I printed the equivalent of 7 to 10 or more total for the day.

Regarding videos, I have watched at least 20, and to date I have received credit for only 1(one) and that was for $.01 (one penny).

As for surveys, it has already been noted above that they always reduce the stated amount by at least half.

Just to be clear, I acknowledge that even without the Rewards, this is a very attractive program. I'm not complaining per se- but I feel strongly that if they describe terms, they should honor them as presented.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I don't blame you not getting full credits. You may want to visit this link ( https://www.nthcircle.com/forum/free...ting?start=480 ) where people have been talking about FreeUp coupon printing credit. Some claim almost 100% success rate by doing it in certain way(s). For example, doing it within a PC Browser, instead of from the smartphone. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Has anyone ported out of FreeUP? What's the account number? Is it the Customer ID shown in your online account?

Carrier(s)
    Truphone, FreeUp, FreedomPop US & MX, Toggle UK, Piranha, Netzclub DE, Simyo ES, Three UK
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by user1name View Post
    Has anyone ported out of FreeUP? What's the account number? Is it the Customer ID shown in your online account?
    Account number is your 10-digit phone number. The PIN is whatever you chose for your account PIN. That was all I needed for a port out a few months back.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick880 View Post
    I don't blame you not getting full credits. You may want to visit this link ( https://www.nthcircle.com/forum/free...ting?start=480 ) where people have been talking about FreeUp coupon printing credit. Some claim almost 100% success rate by doing it in certain way(s). For example, doing it within a PC Browser, instead of from the smartphone. Good luck.
    Thank you for that link. But what's really odd is that as soon as I learned about the web version of the rewards app, I tried that immediately, since it's much easier to use than a mini phone screen. I printed 7 coupons at once and got the confirm screen. I never got anything for that print.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, G4+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by mo832 View Post
    Well, they are not doing it right for me. I have had days where I printed 5-6 times, got paid for 2. Printed 7 coupons in 1 run, got paid for 1. Printed 1 or 2, got nothing. I have not once -ever- received more than $0.40 in one day from coupons, even though I'm sure I printed the equivalent of 7 to 10 or more total for the day.

Regarding videos, I have watched at least 20, and to date I have received credit for only 1(one) and that was for $.01 (one penny).

As for surveys, it has already been noted above that they always reduce the stated amount by at least half.

Just to be clear, I acknowledge that even without the Rewards, this is a very attractive program. I'm not complaining per se- but I feel strongly that if they describe terms, they should honor them as presented.
    I've always printed them individually and got the credit. With these last few changes they have made I'm not getting the credits I'm supposed to. Its taken me 6 months to accumulate just over $20.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast