Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: FreeUP Mobile - has anyone tried their free plan?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by mo832 View Post
    Thank you for that link. But what's really odd is that as soon as I learned about the web version of the rewards app, I tried that immediately, since it's much easier to use than a mini phone screen. I printed 7 coupons at once and got the confirm screen. I never got anything for that print.
    No, not the web version of the rewards app but just the normal PC browser (Edge in Windows 10 in my case) and the reward link, which you can find from FreeUP website (https://freeup.billaway.com/dashBoard/index#). I have printed coupons on and off (when I feel like to do it) but almost always get the daily allowable credits. This is how I do it. After login, click on "Coupons" to open the Coupons page. The Coupons page has a link "Click HERE to go to Coupons.com to print and save!". Click on it and you will get to the Coupons.com printing coupon page. Print a coupon. (Don't bother to print multiple coupons here because you will only get one coupon credit regardless,) A second or two after the printer pop-up you will see the underlined webpage refreshed but don't close the printer pop-up just yet. Wait until you see the webpage scrolls up. Close the pop-up and then the Coupons.com coupon page, which now has the title "Print Thank You | Coupons.com". You just get one coupon credit. Clicking on the ""Click HERE to go to Coupons.com to print and save!" link again to get your next credit. I don't know if there is a better way but that is how I do it. I used to print almost daily when it was $0.25 x 2 but nowadays I only print when I am in the mood. Going through the process 2 times is bearable but 7 times is just too much. I am on the free plan and don't really need the credits to pay for monthly fee anyway.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by djphilosophy View Post
    Account number is your 10-digit phone number. The PIN is whatever you chose for your account PIN. That was all I needed for a port out a few months back.
    Thanks. Will try to port out when necessary.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Once I activate, can I switch Sims to other devices without registering the new imei? Will the free up sim work on an old gsm nokia phone or non-phone GSM devices that don't have an obvious or visible imei like alarms?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jw530 View Post
    Once I activate, can I switch Sims to other devices without registering the new imei? Will the free up sim work on an old gsm nokia phone or non-phone GSM devices that don't have an obvious or visible imei like alarms?
    Yes the freeup sim will work any at&t phone or unlocked GSM phone NO imei registration is required

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by echance20 View Post
    Yes the freeup sim will work any at&t phone or unlocked GSM phone NO imei registration is required
    Not exactly true the way it has been explained to me. If the old unit is only set up for 2g/GSM, it will not work with an AT&T sim card. Unlocked is one thing, the system is something different.

Carrier(s)
    Truphone, FreeUp, FreedomPop US & MX, Toggle UK, Piranha, Netzclub DE, Simyo ES, Three UK
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    To clarify what echance20 and mo832 are saying: You don't have to worry about registering a new IMEI if you want to swap the SIM to another device. However, if the "old GSM Nokia phone" is 2G only, you won't get a signal on AT&T because they've shutoff their 2G service. As long as the device you want to use supports AT&T's 3G bands (850, 1900) or their LTE bands, it will work with the FreeUP SIM (though you may need to configure the APN if you have one of the plans with data).

Those old 2G GSM Nokia phones can only be used on T-Mobile now, and even that may only be for another year or two.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by djphilosophy View Post
    To clarify what echance20 and mo832 are saying: You don't have to worry about registering a new IMEI if you want to swap the SIM to another device. However, if the "old GSM Nokia phone" is 2G only, you won't get a signal on AT&T because they've shutoff their 2G service. As long as the device you want to use supports AT&T's 3G bands (850, 1900) or their LTE bands, it will work with the FreeUP SIM (though you may need to configure the APN if you have one of the plans with data).

Those old 2G GSM Nokia phones can only be used on T-Mobile now, and even that may only be for another year or two.
    I think you might be right about that. I have an old Nokia phone and other GSM devices that are unlocked, but come to think of it they seem to only work with Tmobile compatible sims. I have an old unlocked HTC Windows Mobile device that displays 3G, but it also does not seem to register on the AT&T Freeup network. Perhaps most of the GSM devices from overseas are compatible with 800/1900 Mhz on 2G networks.

What is the closest service to Freeup on the Tmobile side? I went with Freeup to replace my Lycamobile sims, but that may not be a solution for my older devices.

Carrier(s)
    Truphone, FreeUp, FreedomPop US & MX, Toggle UK, Piranha, Netzclub DE, Simyo ES, Three UK
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think you might be right about that. I have an old Nokia phone and other GSM devices that are unlocked, but come to think of it they seem to only work with Tmobile compatible sims. I have an old unlocked HTC Windows Mobile device that displays 3G, but it also does not seem to register on the AT&T Freeup network. Perhaps most of the GSM devices from overseas are compatible with 800/1900 Mhz on 2G networks.

What is the closest service to Freeup on the Tmobile side? I went with Freeup to replace my Lycamobile sims, but that may not be a solution for my older devices.
    The HTC Windows Mobile device gets 3G signal, but not with FreeUP? It could be that it's a T-Mobile device and doesn't support AT&T's 3G bands.

The Americas predominantly used 2G GSM on 850 and 1900, while the rest of the world predominantly used 900 and 1800, but mid-range and high-end phones often supported all four (quad-band), as I'd guess is the case for that HTC Windows Mobile device. If you find the exact model of the device, you can look up the specs on gsmarena.com or elsewhere.

The only free service on T-Mobile is the very new SurgePhone, which we just started discussing a week ago in this thread. It's requires installing an app to show ads though, which means you can't use it with older devices like that HTC. If you want another SIM for a low use device, there are some other recent threads in this forum discussing some options, though I'd say FreeUP and Truphone are the best of them.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The phones are old samsung sprint intrepid and htc verizon touch pro 2. Both are unlocked phones that have 850/1900 GSM bands. They work with T-Mobile, but don't work with freeup/at&t. I'm sure they would have worked with the older 2g system.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The phones are old samsung sprint intrepid and htc verizon touch pro 2. Both are unlocked phones that have 850/1900 GSM bands. They work with T-Mobile, but don't work with freeup/at&t. I'm sure they would have worked with the older 2g system.
    Those phones are rare for CDMA phones of that era in that they have GSM support at all. They do support 3G/UMTS, but only the 2100 band used in Europe and elsewhere. No AT&T band support, so no way either will work with FreeUP/AT&T.

Always check the bands supported and compare them with what the carrier uses.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If I activate a FreeUP SIM and get a FreeUP phone number, can I use the FU phone number to get a Google Voice phone number? The reason I ask is because I can't get a GV number with my Freedompop number.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by newtoy1001 View Post
    If I activate a FreeUP SIM and get a FreeUP phone number, can I use the FU phone number to get a Google Voice phone number? The reason I ask is because I can't get a GV number with my Freedompop number.
    Yes.......

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    As Boz1 says yes. Freeup is an actual cellular plan. The numbers aren't voip numbers like freedompop. There are no requirements to install apps either or any of that stuff freedompop require. You can set up your phone to use gv just like any other cell plan.

You can have a gv number and freedompop one though so not sure what your issue was there.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by UltGladiator View Post
    You can have a gv number and freedompop one though so not sure what your issue was there.
    When I tried to get a GV number, google rejected my freedompop number saying the number can't be used as a forwarding number. Have no idea why.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

FreeUP Mobile - has anyone tried their free plan?

When I tried to get a GV number, google rejected my freedompop number saying the number can't be used as a forwarding number. Have no idea why.
    If that’s correct, then that’s a recent change.

Before FreeUp, 5 of my forwarding numbers were all FreedomPop numbers. I still have 3 FreedomPop forwarding numbers.

When I got my GV number a decade or more ago, I used a real cell number (not a VOIP number like FreedomPop).

Try using a real number (landline
    Home or work, real cell number) when first setting up GV. Once you have that set up, change the forwarding phone numbers.

Edit:
    I got a GV number for an existing Google account earlier this year (Jan-Mar). Google acct was probably 3
    YO. I used a FreedomPop no.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast