Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: FreeUP Mobile - has anyone tried their free plan?

Device(s)
    Pixel3XL, Pixel3, Pixel2XL, s9+, s8+, Atom, Axon 7, MoFi, etc
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, Google Fi, Xfinity Mobile, TMO, RP/vzw/att/tmo, Tello, Tru, eKit
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    LoL. Having to do a lot of typing, and all the specific questions, hard to keep track of, and you will trip up eventually.

I'm glad CellNUVO's surveys are not to this level, and wayyyyyy shorter.
    --
    CellGuru

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Truphone, FP GSM
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Survey wise they're way underpaying for what you would get for the same surveys at other sites. You can even see this when the survey says it'll pay .75 reward but freeup only credit .35. You'd be better of doing surveys at Swagbucks and paying the phone bill with that. I have yet to get credit for the coupon printing(they always take a while). But if they are giving .24 a day for any amount you coupons printed then this is an alright rate compared to other sites. But the current rate for a survey I'd say $10 compared to $35-40 for same surveys at Swagbucks or surveyjunkie. Also not much selection in term of surveys providers.
    Last edited by appleshampoo; 12-10-2018 at 02:46 AM.

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    You realize you don't have to give them the actual college, right?
    University of Southern North Dakota at Hoople?

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The danger of lying on surveys is one time I used a fake age on some survey or other. An older age. For years now I've been getting Medicare mailings. I am nowhere close to qualifying for Medicate
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    The danger of lying on surveys is one time I used a fake age on some survey or other. An older age. For years now I've been getting Medicare mailings. I am nowhere close to qualifying for Medicate
    But you'll be ready with all that information... OK, maybe not.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    For some reason, a lot of the surveys I did paid $2-$3...I'm not sure if it's a glitch in the system, but I was somehow able to rack up $21 in "rewards" fairly quickly...the $10 match has me at $31 currently.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    It looks like maybe, thanks to this post, I just found a possible use for the AT&T Prepaid LG B470 Flip Phone that I bought for $2.99 on clearance at Walgreens on 10/4/18! I'll be looking into that possibility when I get a little extra time.
    Hi, this sounds really good deal. I got one exactly like that, but I haven't been able to get that on freeup mobile. Have you tried and is it working for you? If so, I'd like to get more flip phones for my parents to use. Thanks!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by danazhu View Post
    Hi, this sounds really good deal. I got one exactly like that, but I haven't been able to get that on freeup mobile. Have you tried and is it working for you? If so, I'd like to get more flip phones for my parents to use. Thanks!
    I haven't gotten around to activating my FreeUp SIM yet. Sorry!

Device(s)
    Huawei Mate SE, iPhone 6s+
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Tracfone, Lyca, Truphone, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I'm trying to turn off Voicemail. I'm forwarding a Google Voice number and freeup voicemail picks up immedialty if the phone is turned off.

I called 611 got what sounded like a US based rep who said he would forward my request to turn off voicemail to "technical support" and report the results back to me via email. I'll post if I hear back but curious if anyone has had success turning off VM either by contacting FU or using GSM codes or other method.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by naranja View Post
    I'm trying to turn off Voicemail. I'm forwarding a Google Voice number and freeup voicemail picks up immedialty if the phone is turned off.

I called 611 got what sounded like a US based rep who said he would forward my request to turn off voicemail to "technical support" and report the results back to me via email. I'll post if I hear back but curious if anyone has had success turning off VM either by contacting FU or using GSM codes or other method.

Thanks
    according to this - https://www.freeupmobile.com/support/faqs
    you can fully reset your voicemail which is an unused state.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    according to this - https://www.freeupmobile.com/support/faqs
    you can fully reset your voicemail which is an unused state.
    Thanks for the link but I'm not trying to reset but want to turn off voicemail altogether... so that if I don't answer or more importantly if the phone is turned off, incoming calls just ring and voicemail doesn't pick up.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Anyone ported out yet?

Acct# and PIN? How to get? Thx.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    Anyone ported out yet?

Acct# and PIN? How to get? Thx.
    Account # is your ten digit phone number the pin is what you setup on your account portal. Note: customer ID number is NOT your account number

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by naranja View Post

Thanks
    I also use my cell phone like you do. I was unsuccessful using GSM codes, but contacting support through their website's "Contact Us" page got my carrier voicemail disabled in just a few days. I think the response time was acceptable given the holidays.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by superman9379 View Post
    I also use my cell phone like you do. I was unsuccessful using GSM codes, but contacting support through their website's "Contact Us" page got my carrier voicemail disabled in just a few days. I think the response time was acceptable given the holidays.
    Thanks, I tried the GSM feature codes over the weekend, no luck either. I'll give phone support a couple more days and then try the website, glad to know it can be done.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast