Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: FreeUP Mobile - has anyone tried their free plan?

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by echance20 View Post
    Account # is your ten digit phone number the pin is what you setup on your account portal. Note: customer ID number is NOT your account number
    Thank you very much!

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Huawei Mate SE, iPhone 6s+
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Tracfone, Lyca, Truphone, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by superman9379 View Post
    ...but contacting support through their website's "Contact Us" page got my carrier voicemail disabled in just a few days. I think the response time was acceptable given the holidays.
    I used "Contact Us" on the website and they got back with me in less than an hour saying they
    removed voicemail service. Voicemail is indeed disabled but unfortunately, when the phone is turned off FreeUp still picks up immediately with the message "The person you are calling can not accept calls at this time..." It used to say "mailbox not set up". Does yours act the same way? Thanks

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by MVNO Joe View Post
    This is not correct. SIM Cards are free minus a $1.99 shipping charge. You get them free with the free plan directly from the FreeUP Mobile website.

What you see on Amazon has not been updated yet.

This is not a CellNUVO clone. Subscribers get free service every month. There is no need to be a "keyboard monkey" to get free service. However, if you'd like your free plan to have more minutes etc, you can either pay as little as $5/month to add more minutes, texts or data or use the rewards app. You do have to login to the rewards app once a month and click on something to maintain the free plan. That interaction takes seconds.
    I checked out the website today. Lowest shipping is now $4.99 for a SIM card.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Anyone renewed on the free plan yet?

Today is my due date and I cannot find the supposed "renew my free plan" option.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post

Today is my due date and I cannot find the supposed "renew my free plan" option.

I still haven't gotten around to activating my FreeUP SIM, but maybe take a look around Nth Forum - Nth Circle. There seem to be a number of FreeUP users there.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

I renewed mine about a week ago. I think it was just a click and agree thing once logged in. Maybe a checkout for $0, can't remember.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, G4+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

It just popped up on the screen with the ones I have. I accepted and it completed like I was ordering another plan.

Device(s)
    Huawei Mate SE, iPhone 6s+
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Tracfone, Lyca, Truphone, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This popped up 7 days before renewal when I logged in on chrome on my android:

Name:  Screenshot_20190109-045354.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  32.9 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by naranja View Post
    This popped up 7 days before renewal when I logged in on chrome on my android:

Name:  Screenshot_20190109-045354.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  32.9 KB
    Thanks all. Yeah I got the pop up about a week ago. Not sure how I responded at the time.

Somewhat confusing as that doesn't seem like the way they described the procedure. Oh well...

Thanks all, again.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Idol 4s W10M, Alcatel Pop 4+
    Carrier(s)
    Truphone, FreeUP Mobile, FreedomPop LTE, Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

FreeUP free plan changes

BESTmvno.com is reporting that FreeUP has changed the free plan to a combined 1,000 minutes and texts per month and eliminated cellular data, but retains "free access to the nationwide network of WiFi hotspots."

I didn't know about the WiFi network access; according to FreeUP's home page, "we offer complimentary connection to over 4 Million hotspots spotwifi.com while connected to FreeUP Rewards app." If anyone has tried using wifi via their app, please let us know how it worked.

My account renews in five days, and the account detail pages show next month's plan with the previous 500 minutes & texts plus 100MB data limits. We'll have to see if current free plan owners are switched to the new maximums or if we'll be grandfathered.
    Last edited by Mr. D.; 01-22-2019 at 03:54 PM.
    Trying to come up with some sort of signature line...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D. View Post
    BESTmvno.com is resporting that FreeUP has changed the free plan to a combined 1,000 minutes and texts per month and eliminated cellular data, but retains "free access to the nationwide network of WiFi hotspots."

I didn't know about the WiFi network access; according to FreeUP's home page, "we offer complimentary connection to over 4 Million hotspots spotwifi.com while connected to FreeUP Rewards app." If anyone has tried using wifi via their app, please let us know how it worked.

My account renews in five days, and the account detail pages show next month's plan with the previous 500 minutes & texts plus 100MB data limits. We'll have to see if current free plan owners are switched to the new maximums or if we'll be grandfathered.
    Mine still shows 500 but if i click on change plans the 1000 free is there to switch.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D. View Post
    BESTmvno.com... is resporting that FreeUP has changed the free plan to a combined 1,000 minutes and texts per month and eliminated cellular data, but retains "free access to the nationwide network of WiFi hotspots."

The hotspot map is just a list of free wifi hotspot places open to anyone, I think--McDonald's, Starbucks, etc...any place where there is publicly available wifi it seems, so nothing special for FreeUp customers. My free plan, which I renewed, also shows next month's plan with the 100MB data available. Hope they keep it--it's the only reason I signed up with them, to have a bit of free data to access my work email on my other cell (at our workplace, in order to access work email on your own personal device, you have to basically sign over complete control of your cell to them, i.e. giving them the ability to wipe your cell completely if you lose it, so I use a different cell for work email)

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Any chance their SIM works with new (locked) AT&T Go Phones?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by OG1502 View Post
    The reports I've seen say the answer is yes.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by OG1502 View Post
    Yes. I'm using a LG phoenix 3 on mine.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast