Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: FreeUP Mobile - has anyone tried their free plan?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hchaudio View Post
    Unreal Mobile has really good rates-- but keep in mind that only the Sprint network plan offers 'real' cellular talk/text. The AT&T SIM is VoIP talk/text.
    It is too bad the AT&T SIM is VOIP TnT only.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    It is too bad the AT&T SIM is VOIP TnT only.
    Really is. Great deal nonetheless!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    My free plan began on 1/24/19. I logged in yesterday expecting to see a renew link like all you mentioned. I didn't see any. Today, there was a text msg from FreeUp (sent at 1:33 am) saying "Your FrUP FREE Plan No Data Svc expired today. We were unable to renew your plan. Please make a payment or visit www.freeupmobile.com or call 611 for more info."

I logged in today and still didn't see any renew link/button. Anyone experienced the same thing?

I don't know how I'm supposed to make a payment when the Due Now is $0 and the "Make payment" button is greyed out. I have a credit card on file with them. I sent them an e-mail.

Weird.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Maru View Post
    My free plan began on 1/24/19. I logged in yesterday expecting to see a renew link like all you mentioned. I didn't see any. Today, there was a text msg from FreeUp (sent at 1:33 am) saying "Your FrUP FREE Plan No Data Svc expired today. We were unable to renew your plan. Please make a payment or visit www.freeupmobile.com or call 611 for more info."

I logged in today and still didn't see any renew link/button. Anyone experienced the same thing?

I don't know how I'm supposed to make a payment when the Due Now is $0 and the "Make payment" button is greyed out. I have a credit card on file with them. I sent them an e-mail.

Weird.
    Looks like their site is busted. When I log in it kicks me out to a generic add a phone and plan your account... Shows I still have 10 days on mine before the redirect.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I logged in, and when asked to renew (or "upgrade"--as if LOL!), it renewed the free plan fine for me. Still shows my upcoming plan as the free one (with 100MB data as I signed up when this was still being offered). I don't have any payment methods of file either. It's always a guess how long this freemium services will last.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Maru View Post

Weird.
    Customer service manually renewed my plan yesterday.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Has anyone been able to use the "Local Offers" tab on the FreeUP Rewards app? When I tap the "Local Offers" tab on my phone in the app, nothing happens. But the other tabs seem to work fine.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, iPad Mini 4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Can you set the free plan to automatically renew if I come to find out 1000 calls and text are enough and don't need to upgrade to the $10/month plan? I do not want to manually renew the plan because I know I'll forget to do that even with a reminder

Will 911 work on the free plan since this isn't VOIP?

Also can text messages be disabled? I'll be using a device that you can't easily text with (have to text through the settings) and don't want to have texts use up my units for calls

And last what is the actual number to access voicemail? I'll program my phone to dial it when i hold "1" because it doesn't automatically program itself and has to be done manually on my phone

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, G4+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitieiii View Post
    Can you set the free plan to automatically renew if I come to find out 1000 calls and text are enough and don't need to upgrade to the $10/month plan? I do not want to manually renew the plan because I know I'll forget to do that even with a reminder

Will 911 work on the free plan since this isn't VOIP?

Also can text messages be disabled? I'll be using a device that you can't easily text with (have to text through the settings) and don't want to have texts use up my units for calls

And last what is the actual number to access voicemail? I'll program my phone to dial it when i hold "1" because it doesn't automatically program itself and has to be done manually on my phone

You will have to renew it monthly. No way around that. 911 will use the cellular network. I don't know if they will disable texts. The number for voicemail varies by region. Try using your cell phone number instead.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, iPad Mini 4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    You will have to renew it monthly. No way around that. 911 will use the cellular network. I don't know if they will disable texts. The number for voicemail varies by region. Try using your cell phone number instead.
    Well renewing it monthly is an inconvenience... I'll ask if texts can be completely disabled... And I'll also try my phone number for voicemail

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Today I got message "YOUR ACCOUNT IS CURRENTLY PAST DUE." on my freeupmobile free account. They asked to update credit card (I think old one was still OK, but I updated it) and now asking to pay $0 when I am trying to make a call.

Carrier(s)
    RedPocket, Truphone, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Did you get and accept the popup to renew? I did and I still got "YOUR ACCOUNT IS CURRENTLY PAST DUE." I had to refresh my browser and then I could see at the bottom of my account a second "staged" device. Service continued uninterrupted and now I am on my second month of the free plan and the bottom of my account page show only one copy of my registered device.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitieiii View Post
    Well renewing it monthly is an inconvenience... I'll ask if texts can be completely disabled... And I'll also try my phone number for voicemail

Really! you’re getting it free and it’s an inconvenience? Pay for the $10 plan and you won’t be inconvenient.

Device(s)
    Pixel3XL, Pixel3, Pixel2XL, s9+, s8+, Atom, Axon 7, MoFi, etc
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, Google Fi, Xfinity Mobile, TMO, RP/vzw/att/tmo, Tello, Tru, eKit
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The intent of these free plans is for you to use it and interact with the app/coupons, etc. That is how they make their money.

It is NOT, what people used to say back in the day, for use as a globebox phone, for sticking it in a drawer, or for an emergency phone for a relative.
    --
    CellGuru

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I've been using freeup mobile for the past month. Signed up for the free plan (1000 minutes/1000 texts). I was able to renew for another month without any issues. This is just a backup device so only used 27 minutes & texts in a month. I'm receiving about 4 spam calls/texts a week. I've been using the rewards app (earned $8 so far) but don't see a way for me to apply any addons to my plan. Maybe it doesn't work with the free plan.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast