Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: FreeUP Mobile - has anyone tried their free plan?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, iPad Mini 4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Really! you’re getting it free and it’s an inconvenience? Pay for the $10 plan and you won’t be inconvenient.
    Already did i like it and it's still cheap.... I love it... I just know I'll forget to renew my free plan that's what I don't want to do then my number will disappear

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayueri View Post
    I've been using freeup mobile for the past month. Signed up for the free plan (1000 minutes/1000 texts). I was able to renew for another month without any issues. This is just a backup device so only used 27 minutes & texts in a month. I'm receiving about 4 spam calls/texts a week. I've been using the rewards app (earned $8 so far) but don't see a way for me to apply any addons to my plan. Maybe it doesn't work with the free plan.
    That was my worry and why I've never bothered about accruing rewards on my free account. Didn't want to waste time and then didn't see a way to use the rewards.

I'd be all over a couple of those offers if the rewards could buy extra data on the free plan. Not saying they can't be used but it was just not obvious during a cursory glance.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes rewards don't seem to work yet to buy add ons. Someone was able to get support to do it manually though so if you need an add on send in a support ticket.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Does anyone know how many lines are allowed in an account?

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, G4+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
    Does anyone know how many lines are allowed in an account?
    If you are asking about the free ones then only 1. I ordered 3 of them but didnt notice you could only have 1 free. I had to activate each one on a seperate account. My main account shows 3 but only 1 activated.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    If you are asking about the free ones then only 1. I ordered 3 of them but didnt notice you could only have 1 free. I had to activate each one on a seperate account. My main account shows 3 but only 1 activated.
    Thanks for the info

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ishi26 View Post
    Did you get and accept the popup to renew?
    Where did you get the renew popup? From the Android app? Or PC browser? I just ordered the SIM card for free plan and am trying to figure out all the ins and outs.

Carrier(s)
    RedPocket, Truphone, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    PC Browser, as I am using the free plan on a feature phone. Now beginning my third month.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ishi26 View Post
    PC Browser, as I am using the free plan on a feature phone. Now beginning my third month.
    I asked because I planned to use a feature phone too but with all the talks about app. popup for plan renewal I was thinking that maybe I had to go with a smartphone instead. Your answer lets me know that I can use my ZTE Z223 flip phone as planned. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick880 View Post
    I asked because I planned to use a feature phone too but with all the talks about app. popup for plan renewal I was thinking that maybe I had to go with a smartphone instead. Your answer lets me know that I can use my ZTE Z223 flip phone as planned. Thanks.
    Hmm I have the same phone, I found it garbage picking & was able to unlock it. Guess I'm going to order a FU Sim for it.

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app
    To Be The Best Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than The Rest! My Time, Talent, & Treasure! : “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” Leo Buscaglia : “With God, all things are POSSIBLE.” Mark 10:27

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    Hmm I have the same phone, I found it garbage picking & was able to unlock it. Guess I'm going to order a FU Sim for it.
    There should be no need to unlock it to use it on an AT&T MVNO. Just fyi...

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    There should be no need to unlock it to use it on an AT&T MVNO. Just fyi...
    Well I unlocked it to work on T-Mobile.

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I really love the service. Can't believe it's free. 4th month so far. As far as renewing, I just set up a monthly reminder on my calendar to remind me every month to log on to my account to renew my account. Takes 10 seconds.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    Do you mean that when you tried to activate the other SIM cards on the free plan and in the same account, the account page wouldn't let you? What messages popped up?

I asked customer service before if I can get another SIM card for my MIL and add it to my account (so I can manage it there since my MIL is computer illiterate). CS said I can purchase from my account or (if MIL already has a SIM card and account) transfer it to my account. Neither of us mentioned a Free Plan being involved. So, I suppose I'll just purchase a SIM card for MIL. If it can be activated (on the free plan) in my account, then I'll do that. If my account page won't allow it, I'll just create another account for her.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, G4+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Somewhere on the FreeUp website it states one freeline per account/person/address. Maybe it was in the FAQ. Anyway I ordered 3 sims for 3 free lines. It didn't stop me from ordering them. I didn't read the FAQ until after I ordered the sims. So I activated them in different accounts to play it safe. I use them as loaner phones or when someone wants to borrow my phone. I don't let people use my main line because I don't want to answer return phone calls. 😁😎😋

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast