Thread: Had AT&T Unlimited on a Hotspot on a Business Plan looking for solutions to regain it

Feedback Score

Had AT&T Unlimited on a Hotspot on a Business Plan looking for solutions to regain it

Hello Everyone
    I had a Nighthawk LTE Hotspot on a business plan that was allowed to connect with the unlimited plan
    I am out in a very rural area and it has worked great
    Mostly 100-200GB usage a month and speeds reaching 60-80 mbps

Our business plan has a total of 8 Lines I believe with 1 hotspot line (Being the one I used)
    My boss needed a hotspot aswell and went to the At&t store and they transfered my hotspot line to his
    I got kicked off and after telling him he said for both of us to go to the store to see if they would make an exception and grandfather the hotspot I had in aswell.

It was not possible

I am now in the rural areas feeling like im back in the stone ages once again lol,
    is there any recommendation? we added a simple 3GB plan to my hotspot to see if we would only be hit by depriorization but it looks like after 3GB you hit a hard wall and your knocked down to dial-up speeds 0.01 mbps

what other solutions would I have, could I sign up for that Ipad plan and would it be the same?

I noticed right away when I was on the 3GB hotspot plan speeds would not even go past 10 mbps as if its on a different priority as I had not yet hit the 3GB mark at all and my At&t phone would hit 70-80 mbps on speed tests

Thanks guys

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Asalinas96 View Post
    Hello Everyone
    I had a Nighthawk LTE Hotspot on a business plan that was allowed to connect with the unlimited plan

Our business plan has a total of 8 Lines I believe with 1 hotspot line (Being the one I used)
    My boss needed a hotspot aswell and went to the At&t store and they transfered my hotspot line to his
    I got kicked off and after telling him he said for both of us to go to the store to see if they would make an exception and grandfather the hotspot I had in aswell.

It was not possible

I am now in the rural areas feeling like im back in the stone ages once again lol,
    is there any recommendation? we added a simple 3GB plan to my hotspot to see if we would only be hit by depriorization but it looks like after 3GB you hit a hard wall and your knocked down to dial-up speeds 0.01 mbps

what other solutions would I have, could I sign up for that Ipad plan and would it be the same?

I noticed right away when I was on the 3GB hotspot plan speeds would not even go past 10 mbps as if its on a different priority as I had not yet hit the 3GB mark at all and my At&t phone would hit 70-80 mbps on speed tests

Thanks guys
    If you want to pay 60.00 a month look at Netbuddy. https://netbuddy.co/ runs on AT&T. Unlimited unthrottled hotspot.

Sent from my BND-L34 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Save yourself $30 and signup for AT&T prepaid iPad plan. Seems like this company is reselling the same plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    If you want to pay 60.00 a month look at Netbuddy. https://netbuddy.co/ runs on AT&T. Unlimited unthrottled hotspot.

Sent from my BND-L34 using HoFo mobile app
    You “work” for them or promote so get lost with this BS. They’re reselling the $29.99 session-based plans. Their guy on YouTube looks like a ****** and I can’t believe they still exist.

Nothing they offer is special. Ban this user.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Asalinas96 View Post
    Hello Everyone

It was not possible

Thanks guys
    You can sign up for this AT&T plan that allows unlimited data usage on a tablet or iPad for $29.99/mo., but many users swap the SIM into a hotspot or LTE modem to service their homes: https://buyasession.att.com/sbd/Comm...tePlans.action

Verizon: https://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/
    Scroll down for the official Unlimited Hotspot/Data Plan. You can swap this into any data device.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I say get the iPad plan and put the sim in your nighthawk.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Alex
    Teamsters Local 399
    "American by birth, teamster by the grace of God"