Thread: Difference in fees Verizon PostPaid vs. Prepaid

Feedback Score

Difference in fees Verizon PostPaid vs. Prepaid

Approximately what are the fees/taxes/surcharges/etc etc for Verizon PostPaid vs. PrePaid?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cgott42 View Post
    Approximately what are the fees/taxes/surcharges/etc etc for Verizon PostPaid vs. PrePaid?
    The fees are higher on any postpaid. On prepaid I believe the fees are included in the price after the first month. Prepaid usually is just taxes

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    prepaid verizon is less than postpaid, but not free of fees.
    iPhone X on ATT Prepaid. Backup iPhone 7+ on inexpensive Verizon MVNO plan. Hopefully covers me in the continental US for phone usage. Cheaper than a single unlimited plan on ATT or Verizon or T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    prepaid verizon is less than postpaid, but not free of fees.
    It's free of below the line fees. If you use refill pins, you see no extra fees on your normal monthly cost. While if you add money to your account from a credit card or bank account. They charge me 50 cents extra in my area. For I think E911.

Plus with the refill pins you save even more money by getting them on sale. My last few $40 refill pins cost me around $22 on sale from ebay. So basically the normal $65 a month for unlimited Verizon prepaid actually costs me only around $36 a month out of pocket.

That is a huge savings over what I used to pay for unlimited on Verizon Postpaid. Switching from post paid to prepaid was one of the best decisions I made with Verizon Wireless.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
    It's free of below the line fees. If you use refill pins, you see no extra fees on your normal monthly cost. While if you add money to your account from a credit card or bank account. They charge me 50 cents extra in my area. For I think E911.

Plus with the refill pins you save even more money by getting them on sale. My last few $40 refill pins cost me around $22 on sale from ebay. So basically the normal $65 a month for unlimited Verizon prepaid actually costs me only around $36 a month out of pocket.

That is a huge savings over what I used to pay for unlimited on Verizon Postpaid. Switching from post paid to prepaid was one of the best decisions I made with Verizon Wireless.
    When I had Verizon Prepaid, I paid higher than the listed prices. Though by fees I include taxes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    The fees are higher on any postpaid. On prepaid I believe the fees are included in the price after the first month. Prepaid usually is just taxes

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    My state charges a $1.16 per line 911 fee. I doesn't matter what kid of phone it is. POTS, VoIP, pre-paid mobile post paid mobile EVERYONE pays.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    When I had Verizon Prepaid, I paid higher than the listed prices. Though by fees I include taxes.
    If you are paying higher than the listed price on prepaid (taxes/fee's) then you were doing it wrong. If you refill through Callingmart there are no taxes & fee's & you even get a slight discount. If you want to pay even less there are also substantial savings by purchasing PIN's on Ebay but that would require a little research to make sure you are purchasing from a reputable seller.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Back on Verizon prepaid I wasn't aware of it.