Thread: Do Boost Phones still roam on Verizon?

Feedback Score

Do Boost Phones still roam on Verizon?

I'm shopping for my kids. Looking at 4 lines for 100 at Metro and Boost. If Boost still has voice roaming on VZ, I'll do Boost. Metro doesn't roam at all?

I went to the store, but nobody knew. Any good promotions coming on Boost? I have time, so I can wait for whatever killer promotion comes out.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    There's 50 minutes per month of voice roaming on Boost. AFAIK some of it's still on Verizon, but a lot is on regional operators or US Cellular. Boost's coverage maps show where roaming is available but the maps don't show which carrier the roaming is on.
    See my list of 2019 Black Friday prepaid and unlocked phone deals at https://prepaidcompare.net/bf2019.html

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasdave View Post
    I'm shopping for my kids. Looking at 4 lines for 100 at Metro and Boost. If Boost still has voice roaming on VZ, I'll do Boost. Metro doesn't roam at all?

I went to the store, but nobody knew. Any good promotions coming on Boost? I have time, so I can wait for whatever killer promotion comes out.
    My experience is that if Boost's map shows any coverage, Verizon will not allow roaming. You get a recording that you have to pay several dollars per minute. In this case, Sprint's tower was down so Verizon refused to allow roaming because Sprint was "supposed" to cover that area. You only get a small amount of roaming anyway so don't count on Verizon covering you.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    You might also consider Cricket. They still have 4/100 on the AT&T network.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Feedback Score
    Went in on the first at MetroPCS. 4 iphone 6s for free. Just the activation fee and bought four cases. With 4 for 100. I know Tmobile isn't as strong for voice everywhere, but that deal was too good to give up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Boost does roam on Verizon. Great deal on the 6S. Tmobile has literally doubled their coverage area over the last 5 years but you won't get all that coverage because the 6S does not support bands 66 and 71.