Thread: Does VZW prorate monthly charges if I port my # out during 1st week of billing cycle?

Feedback Score

Does VZW prorate monthly charges if I port my # out during 1st week of billing cycle?

my account only had one line left. the billing cycle ends on the 6 of every month.

That line was still on 24-month contract until November 11. I waited until November 14 and ported the number to Project Fi. The porting only took a couple of hours and the number worked fine on Project Fi. When I checked my Verizon account that afternoon, it said line suspended. I just figured that it was closed.

I asked a Verizon agent on the phone today. She said that my account would be "fully closed" on December 6 and there would be no more charges after that. Basically, I'm still paying from the date of the port-out until the last day of the current billing cycle?

Does VZW prorate the monthly charges if I port my # out during 1st week of billing cycle?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Mega, OP6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaCL View Post
    my account only had one line left. the billing cycle ends on the 6 of every month.

That line was still on 24-month contract until November 11. I waited until November 14 and ported the number to Project Fi. The porting only took a couple of hours and the number worked fine on Project Fi. When I checked my Verizon account that afternoon, it said line suspended. I just figured that it was closed.

I asked a Verizon agent on the phone today. She said that my account would be "fully closed" on December 6 and there would be no more charges after that. Basically, I'm still paying from the date of the port-out until the last day of the current billing cycle?

Does VZW prorate the monthly charges if I port my # out during 1st week of billing cycle?
    There is no pro rating of the last month’s charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jtludwig View Post
    There is no pro rating of the last month’s charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

Once again I need to learn not to assume anything... Guess I should have waited until the last few days of the billing cycle to port out... should have tried to burn up my grandfathered unlimited data by going above 1TB or something. (most I ever did was 150gb in a month)