Thread: RedPocket? How is their service? Any deals available?

Device(s)
    Help me get my little girl off the phone! She talks too much causing her mommy a lot of money!
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score

RedPocket? How is their service? Any deals available?

RedPocket Mobile is tempting but i need some advice from any of their users please.
    Help me get my little girl off the phone! She talks too much causing her
    mommy a lot of money!

Everyone is welcome here! If you have a love for service
    that carries on, then look no further!

LG Rebel 2 1 3 which one? And now 4! Whew!!!!!!

Tracfone Lifetime Service Member !!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Boom <Tracfone Verizon BYOP < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I’ve wondered the same.
    The amazon reviews are mostly decent but some scary ones when attempting to get service up & running - but sometimes hiccups occur with any provider, especially when porting in.
    Don’t know if it’s the RP CS or the individual customers who are inept, or other factors. Some have reported poor data speeds, depriortization - but location is everything & that will happen in a congested area.
    I’m sure there are plenty of satisfied customers.

Feedback Score
    I am a happy customer of RP. I am on ATT. I had some issues setting up my phone, but CS and I straightened it out.

The biggest deals are the 1 year plans on EBAY (actually 360 days). Coupled with a EBAY coupon is really good.

I started out with a 30 day plan to see how well it worked in my location, renewed it once, then went 1 year.

I have my second 1 year code waiting to apply next month.

Black friday deal, 190, with 5gb. Their EBAY prices fluctuate during the month. redpocketstore is their ebay name

Feedback Score
    I have no problems with them. Like USMCSSGT said, the Ebay 360 day deals are the best.

Feedback Score
    No complaints, Have had 3 lines on the 360 day plans coming up on a year, and already bought 3x 360 day renewals. You just missed the 15% off coupon by about a week though.

Feedback Score
    Red Pocket's CDMA-V service has been excellent and customer service is refreshingly good considering what I have experienced with other MVNOs that I have used. I currently have 7 lines on RP. One 100/100/500 plan, 2 500/500/500 plans, 2 1000/Unlimited/1GB plans, 2 U/U/2GB LTE Unlimited sloooow speed after that. I just purchased renewal for each of the lines, including one for my personal phone that doesn't expire until September. I am very confident in this company. I bought my first personal plan on Amazon but all of the rest have come from the Red Pocket eBay store. Depending on your needs, there are still some great special prices on eBay. Search here.

Feedback Score
    I have been having issues with Red Pocket. Sometimes when someone calls me, my phone won't ring and my call log won't show that they called me. However if they leave a voicemail, I'll get a notification for that. If an unknown number calls me, my phone rings. I have also had an hour long delay in receiving a text message (I was asked why I took so long to reply even though on my end I responded 1 minute after receiving the message).

I have no problems sending texts and making phone calls. Call quality is great and LTE is fast. I use T-mobile with them and I wonder if I'll have the same issues if I switch to MetroPCS which also uses T-mobile's towers.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    The only issues I had with RP were when I decided to port out. I had the Verizon network, and wanted VoLTE support for this backup phone. It wasn't until about a week later I saw reports that they offered it. If their web site had indicated it, I wouldn't have left. It was $5/month cheaper for more data than where I moved. I just haven't moved back since it IS only $5/month, and I got tired of always looking for a deal. If I get upset with the current provider, I would go back.

The annual plans sound appealing, but since the 500/500 plan is sufficient, the savings isn't all that great.
    iPhone X on ATT Prepaid. Backup iPhone 7+ on inexpensive Verizon MVNO plan. Hopefully covers me in the continental US for phone usage. Cheaper than a single unlimited plan on ATT or Verizon or T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Have been using it for over half a year now on the eBay annual 5G GSMA plan and no complaints. Got it when there was an eBay sale, so the per 30 day cost came out to be $16. I use an Android phone on ATT and the LTE speed can go up to 35MBPS at times when not in wifi. Already bought another one to reload right before Thanksgiving. I use Google Voice (people call my GV number and then forwarded to the Red Pocket #) so did not go through the port-in process and avoided any hiccups others might have experienced. So real happy so far. If you use iPhone ATT, you need to know that it won't do MMS to android phones. Works fine if going from iPhone to iPhone.

Feedback Score
    I'm two months into my second year and I haven't had any problems.

Device(s)
    Moto G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    3 active lines for almost 2 years on Red Pocket GSMA & am very pleased. Only 2 small hiccups that were cured quickly through chat. Just ordered the annual 5gb plan for $189.00 last Wednesday during a 1 day 15% off E-Bay sale.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Since coverages for the carriers can vary, and I had a spare phone, I signed up for the inexpensive $60/360 day plan on RedPocket. On a different carrier than my other phones, so useful when I'm traveling. Only 100 minutes/month, but that would suffice.

About the only way to go cheaper is PPU on some carriers, but then your data can get expensive if you use much, or the phone decides to download something unexpected.

I think the annual plans would be harder to go with for a primary phone. You would have to make your decision on data usage/month for a year in advance. Month to month, you can change your plan as needs change.

Feedback Score
    If you're worried, then the best time to signup is during their eBay promos so you can contact their official Slickdeals rep if you have problems with their normal CS. Only issue is RedPocket only checks their Slickdeals account during eBay promos

Device(s)
    Motorla Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There is 15% ebay coupon available today only! POPUPSAVINGS

Feedback Score
    No complaints, used them on a number of occasions