Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just Ported Ib

Feedback Score

Just Ported Ib

I just Ported a line over from Cricket to the AT&T prepaid unlimited plan. Two things I have noticed. AT&T does not tell you how much data you are using. On the web portal it just says unlimited. Second it looks like AT&T blocks which band you are on. Using LTE discovery or Network Cell info the band is not displayed. It works on Cricket.

Sent from my BND-L34 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    I just Ported a line over from Cricket to the AT&T prepaid unlimited plan. Two things I have noticed. AT&T does not tell you how much data you are using. On the web portal it just says unlimited. Second it looks like AT&T blocks which band you are on. Using LTE discovery or Network Cell info the band is not displayed. It works on Cricket.

True with unlimited data, but I have no issue seeing the band...

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using Tapatalk
    - If ignorance is bliss, why are there not more happy people in the world?

Current Personal Phone: Moto G5 Plus (AT&T PrePaid)

Other phones "in the family": Nokia 6.1 (AT&T), Huawei Honor 7x (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (VZW), HTC 10 (VZW)

Device(s)
    iPhone SE & 5S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    To get details on usage:

Goto account history
    select appropriate dates
    leave history type at total usage
    select export to PDF
    scroll to bottom of PDF
    Grand totals for voice, text, data, and any other usage are listed

As for band usage, on my unlocked iphone in field test mode i can see what i'm connected to.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    True with unlimited data, but I have no issue seeing the band...

My phone shows - - for the band

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    My phone shows - - for the band

Not sure what to tell you, it shows up fine on both my Moto G5+ and my son's Nokia 7.1

Device(s)
    Moto G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Works fine on Red Pocket as well.I have noticed that band 66 doesn't show up on LTE Discovery.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

ATT will notify you when you are close to reaching their cap data usage for non throttled speeds when there is network traffic otherwise use as much data you need. ATT unlimited prepaid $65 plan reduced to $45 monthly with autopay is probably the best unlimited priced plan in the prepaid realm, only simple mobile has a $45 autopay unlimited plan all others are $50 and higher but include hotspot or other perks. Does ATT throttled speed for video capped at 1.5 mbps cause video buffering and lower resolution play at 240p, 360p, or 480p on YouTube or can 720p resolution be used?

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone SE & 5S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thiagosantiro View Post
    ATT will notify you when you are close to reaching their cap data usage for non throttled speeds when there is network traffic otherwise use as much data you need. ATT unlimited prepaid $65 plan reduced to $45 monthly with autopay is probably the best unlimited priced plan in the prepaid realm, only simple mobile has a $45 autopay unlimited plan all others are $50 and higher but include hotspot or other perks. Does ATT throttled speed for video capped at 1.5 mbps cause video buffering and lower resolution play at 240p, 360p, or 480p on YouTube or can 720p resolution be used?

On the 65 (45) unlimited plan it's totally unlimited with no limit before prioritization, so there is not any notification sent. Video is supposed to stream at 480p. However for some reason it will stream all day at 720p on my unlocked iPhone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid7 View Post
    On the 65 (45) unlimited plan it's totally unlimited with no limit before prioritization, so there is not any notification sent. Video is supposed to stream at 480p. However for some reason it will stream all day at 720p on my unlocked iPhone.
    Do you know what download speeds you are receiving on your unlocked iphone by using fast.com for the speed test?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE & 5S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Do you know what download speeds you are receiving on your unlocked iphone by using fast.com for the speed test?

They are all over the place, from 1mbps to 50mbps. However the slower speeds are during mid-day when i'm in a very congested location.

Feedback Score
    They are all over the place, from 1mbps to 50mbps. However the slower speeds are during mid-day when i'm in a very congested location.
    That explains why you can stream YouTube in 720p, are there any extra fees on top of the $45 monthly autopayment besides local taxes?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE & 5S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    That explains why you can stream YouTube in 720p, are there any extra fees on top of the $45 monthly autopayment besides local taxes?

Nope.... I used at&t cards i bought online at Sams club to fill up my account online. They were 5% off and no tax.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Nope.... I used at&t cards i bought online at Sams club to fill up my account online. They were 5% off and no tax.
    Yeah, lits of ways to get around tax and save a bit extra... I like to use Target Red Card, no tax and 5% off too.

Feedback Score
    Autopay with ATT prepaid can be paid without providing ATT with an autopay registered method such as a credit card or debit card? You are putting funds into your ATT prepaid account before your payment due date with ATT refill cards?

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Autopay with ATT prepaid can be paid without providing ATT with an autopay registered method such as a credit card or debit card? You are putting funds into your ATT prepaid account before your payment due date with ATT refill cards?

Yes, exactly... Then on they day it renews, I get a message that says I was charged $0.00. Once you do it a month or two, you figure it out quick.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast