Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trying to activate New ATT Prepaid on Red Pocket Issues

Feedback Score

Trying to activate New ATT Prepaid on Red Pocket Issues

Trying to activate New ATT Prepaid on Red Pocket. Everything work then RP account suspended because phone was reported lost or stolen. Is just locked?
    Huawei XT2-Red Pocket $5 Month plan
    Alcatell ?- Red Pocket $10 Month Plan ($99 ebay)
    Samsung Gusto- Page Plus $30 year
    Moto E 1st Gen 3g Factory reset in a drawer.

Feedback Score
    when you bought the phone, was it scanned at the checkout register properly ??

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jonfone View Post
    Trying to activate New ATT Prepaid on Red Pocket. Everything work then RP account suspended because phone was reported lost or stolen. Is just locked?
    What exact AT&T Prepaid phone is it?

Feedback Score
    X
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post

Sent from my moto g(6) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    when you bought the phone, was it scanned at the checkout register properly ??
    Bought it Online Black Friday from Walmart.com

Thanks

Feedback Score
    LG Xpression Plus

Thanks

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    LG Xpression Plus

Thanks
    Unfortunately, I don't have any specific knowledge about that.

Hopefully someone else has other suggestions. I wonder if october262's comment is relevant?

I might suggest doing another chat with a different RP CSR to see if you get the same or a different answer.

By the way, it appears that at least one other person is using this phone without it being unlocked on an AT&T MVNO, so I'm not sure what's going on with yours on RP.

Quote Originally Posted by munkala View Post
    Boz1,
    You are always the knowledgeable one. Where can I get my AT&T LG Xpression Plus unlocked? I'm currently it using with a prepaid FreedomPop sim. But my OCD says to unlock it.

I haven't seen anything on eBay.

Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Xpression Plus, LG V20 Sprint Unlocked, LG Tribute HD, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Watch
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    This happens every year when I purchase an AT&T prepaid phone through Best Buy and Walmart and use Red Pocket. I had to do this w/ wife's iPhone SE (bought from BB) and my Huawei Ascend XT2 (through Walmart).

This is what I did, as I bought the exact phone (LG Xpression Plus) from Walmart. Initially, when I put in the SIM, changed APN settings, voice and data worked. The next day, I could not receive calls. When I made calls, the calls went straight to AT&T.

1. email [email protected] with on subject title, phone # and IMEI #.
    2. Attached copy of Walmart receipt to email. Ask to remove restriction on phone.
    3. Wait for sms confirmation that restriction lifted. I received my confirmation within 1 hr.

Then, through Red Pocket chat,

give Customer Service: Red Pocket SIM#, IMEI#, Red Pocket phone # and tell them AT&T lifted restriction. While on chat, Red Pocket CS told me to restart phone. Voila', phone was working again.

It's a pain, but I hope this streamlines things for you.

Overall, the LG Xpression Plus seems to be quite nice. I've had it a few days and testing it.
    Mobile:

LG Xpression Plus - Red Pocket 500/500/500
    LG V20 LS997 Unlocked - Freedompop AT&T SIM
    Huawei Ascend XT2 unlocked
    iPhone SE 32 GB AT&T
    LG Tribute HD (Boost Mobile) - Freedompop
    Samsung Gear S3 Frontier (non-LTE)
    Samsung Chromebook Plus
    ______
    Prior Phones:

LG G4 H810, Lumia 820, LG Volt, LG Tribute 2, LG Optimus Exceed 2, LG Realm, Moto X 2014 (Pure Edition), Moto X 2013, Nexus 5, Nokia Lumia 520, Nokia Lumia 1020, Samsung Galaxy S3, iphone 3G

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMagm View Post
    This happens every year when I purchase an AT&T prepaid phone through Best Buy and Walmart and use Red Pocket. I had to do this w/ wife's iPhone SE (bought from BB) and my Huawei Ascend XT2 (through Walmart).

This is what I did, as I bought the exact phone (LG Xpression Plus) from Walmart. Initially, when I put in the SIM, changed APN settings, voice and data worked. The next day, I could not receive calls. When I made calls, the calls went straight to AT&T.

2. Attached copy of Walmart receipt to email. Ask to remove restriction on phone.
    3. Wait for sms confirmation that restriction lifted. I received my confirmation within 1 hr.

give Customer Service: Red Pocket SIM#, IMEI#, Red Pocket phone # and tell them AT&T lifted restriction. While on chat, Red Pocket CS told me to restart phone. Voila', phone was working again.

Overall, the LG Xpression Plus seems to be quite nice. I've had it a few days and testing it.
    That's some good info, ShawnMagm! Hopefully it solves jonfone's issue!
    Last edited by Boz1; 11-28-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately, I don't have any specific knowledge about that.

Hopefully someone else has other suggestions. I wonder if october262's comment is relevant?

I might suggest doing another chat with a different RP CSR to see if you get the same or a different answer.

By the way, it appears that at least one other person is using this phone without it being unlocked on an AT&T MVNO, so I'm not sure what's going on with yours on RP.
    Correct. I'm using a FreedomPop 3 month prepaid SIM on the LG Xpression Plus. Today is the 4th day and data is working as of right now.

Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I have read on HoFo that the AT&T prepaid phones don't need to be unlocked to be used on AT&T network MVNOs. Do I understand that this is a different issue caused by not being scanned at the register by WalMart?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sfmccorm View Post
    I have read on HoFo that the AT&T prepaid phones don't need to be unlocked to be used on AT&T network MVNOs. Do I understand that this is a different issue caused by not being scanned at the register by WalMart?
    That seems to be the case.

Hopefully jonfone reports back after going through the steps posted by ShawnMagm to verify!

Device(s)
    LG Xpression Plus, LG V20 Sprint Unlocked, LG Tribute HD, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Watch
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Yes, these phones do not need to be unlocked to be used on MVNO's and other carriers that use AT&T. However, the issue is that the phones are not scanned at the point of sale. Then, AT&T restricts the phones and the MVNO's may suspend the account, as in my case(s).

Feedback Score
    Yes, these phones do not need to be unlocked to be used on MVNO's and other carriers that use AT&T. However, the issue is that the phones are not scanned at the point of sale. Then, AT&T restricts the phones and the MVNO's may suspend the account, as in my case(s).
    I have an LG Xpression Plus coming tomorrow and am planning on using RedPocket AT&T. When you don't get it unlocked and are on RedPocket, does the phone react in any way to not being on AT&T prepaid (like asking for an unlock code every time you restart phone)? If not, I guess I don't understand why anyone would bother to unlock it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    I have an LG Xpression coming tomorrow and am planning on using RedPocket AT&T. When you don't get it unlocked and are on RedPocket, does the phone react in any way to not being on AT&T prepaid (like asking for an unlock code every time you restart phone)? If not, I guess I don't understand why anyone would bother to unlock it.
    There is no unlock code each time the phone is restarted.
    Last edited by ShawnMagm; 11-28-2018 at 10:38 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast