Thread: Apple's Pain = Your (Potential) Gain

Carrier(s)
    Telus $70/20GB (with family discount)
    Feedback Score

Post Apple's Pain = Your (Potential) Gain

Bloomberg is reporting today that new iPhone sales are falling short of expectations—so much so that Apple marketing staff have been pulled from other projects to address the situation. The result is potentially good news for anyone in the market for the company's latest and greatest:

On Sunday evening, Apple kicked these efforts into high gear, adding a new banner to the top of its website advertising the iPhone XR for $449, $300 less than its official sticker price. The deal, noted with an asterisk and described at the bottom of the page, requires customers to trade in an iPhone 7 Plus, a high-end handset from two years ago.
    Unfortunately I don't think any comparable trade-in deals are available to Canadian buyers, at least not yet. Apple's GiveBack program in Canada is apparently run by an outfit called Brightstar; their current trade-in value for a 256 GB iPhone 7 Plus is only $315 CAD, or $237.75 USD. And I can see no asterisks on Apple.ca

We'll have to live vicariously through our American friends, it seems. Be sure to let us know if you snag a sweet discount!

Source: Bloomberg via iPhone in Canada
    My mobile memoirs — free ebook available here.
    My HoFo feedback... is that still a thing?

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1 / Apple iPhone X
    Feedback Score
    My sweet discount was $365* off of an iPhone X with a Koodo medium tab while retaining $60/10GB/ULNW. I only wish they still had the 256GB version available like they do at Bell and Rogers.

*$365 off of the carrier-inflated $1275 retail price, not sure what Apple would charge as it's no longer listed.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Anyone know if Apple GiveBack can be combined with the iPhone Upgrade Program?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NCTed View Post
    Anyone know if Apple GiveBack can be combined with the iPhone Upgrade Program?
    Sure, if you trade in something else not tied to your upgrade. I traded in a couple older Nexus devices and they just send you a digital Apple store GC.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    Sure, if you trade in something else not tied to your upgrade. I traded in a couple older Nexus devices and they just send you a digital Apple store GC.
    OK. I see what you mean. Thanks.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    Mint with Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    I took advantage of the program and traded 3 6Ss and a 6 for $750 in gift cards. Thank you Apple.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, Huawei Mate 20 Pro
    Feedback Score
    Guide on how to trade in old Iphone: https://www.businessinsider.com/appl...-review-2018-8
    I didn't use it personally but I trust Business Insider. I will test it at the earliest opportunity.
    Check online reviews before buying your new gadget: https://www.pissedconsumer.com/categ...t-gadgets.html