Thread: adding a gig on grandfathered plan

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score

adding a gig on grandfathered plan

So I'm still on the 5 for $100 plan and afraid to touch anything on it. One of my members needs more data for the month and is asking if she can just pay extra to get more data. Now, I know I can't change the plan without consequences, but can I use the feature to add 1GB for $10? Just want to make sure first. Thanks!
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.

Feedback Score
    Back when the 5/100 went away, I recall someone posting on here that adding a gig did trigger them to lose the discount. They were successful in getting the discount back again having a supervisor look into it as it is really not an account change. However, it may be triggered by their system regardless.

You might want to ask via chat and if they say you won't lose it then save that chat to support fixing any issues later.

Feedback Score
    Purchasing an extra Gb of data is NOT considered an account change, and will NOT impact your Grandfathered status.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thefisch View Post
    Back when the 5/100 went away, I recall someone posting on here that adding a gig did trigger them to lose the discount. They were successful in getting the discount back again having a supervisor look into it as it is really not an account change. However, it may be triggered by their system regardless.

You might want to ask via chat and if they say you won't lose it then save that chat to support fixing any issues later.
    I remember a couple of people having that happen to them when they added a gig. I'll bet the same thing will happen trying to do it now. It might not be so easy go get a supervisor to change it at this point....

Feedback Score
    I was one of the people who lost the grandfather discount adding a gb and got the discount back. I have added a gb to a single line a couple of times since without issue.