Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Older 3G Smartphones and Flip phones and MVNOs

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Yes, the Nokia 3310 3G on H2O Wireless. ATT will likely support it for at least a few more years.
    Do you use H2O wireless for pay as you go or for unlimited talk and text? With pay as you go the short less than 5 minute phone calls may be clear and there may be no disconnects and if longer on unlimited plans the garbled in and out voice and disconnects may happen as they do with T-Mobile prepaid

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thiagosantiro View Post
    Do you use H2O wireless for pay as you go or for unlimited talk and text? With pay as you go the short less than 5 minute phone calls may be clear and there may be no disconnects and if longer on unlimited plans the garbled in and out voice and disconnects may happen as they do with T-Mobile prepaid

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using HoFo mobile app
    I've not made any long calls on the phone. It is pay as you go. It is there to hold a local number as a home replacement, but for when I don't want to give out the number of the phone I actually carry. If I could have got a "local" GV number, I would probably have done that instead.

I'll try a longer call sometime to see how it works. Just $0.05/minute, so a 10 minute call is only $0.50. And I'm up to $30 in balance.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone SE , Sony Ericsson TM-506
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular , Airvoice Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I've got an "extra" T-Mobile SonyEricsson 3G flip phone on SpeedTalk. Had it on Airvoice Wireless until the end of 2017 when AT&T's band harvest killed service, so I went to SpeedTalk (a T-Mo MVNO). Internet on that device is painful anyway so I really can't comment on it other than it fails fairly quickly. But reception and voice quality are fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2