Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Samsung J3 Sky, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score

Moto Z2 Force 64GB/2GB AT&T for $100

*** Appears to be OUT OF STOCK as of 8:30AM Central 12/6/18 ***

Info & Discussion on SlickDeals

Great specs for the price. Probably can be used with a TF/AT&T BYOP SIM without needing to be unlocked.
    Last edited by hpham; 12-06-2018 at 09:38 AM.

Feedback Score
    Great price.

Not for me though. Spoiled by my Nexus 6 6" screen looks dinky in comparison. If this had the same or larger screen I would have bought 1st & thought 2nd.
    As a USA citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a racist, hypersensitive, crass, immoral psychopathic traitor, narcissist liar committing High Treason against the USA.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.23.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 03.13.19

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    •5.5" 2560x1440 Quad HD P-OLED Shatterproof Touchscreen Display ("ShatterShield")
    •Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Octa-Core processor
    •4GB RAM
    •64GB Internal Storage
    •MicroSD Card Slot
    •Fingerprint Sensor (front)
    •Moto Mod support
    •Cameras: Dual 12MP rear + 5MP front
    •USB Type C port w/ TurboPower (Quick Charge)
    •2730mAh battery (non-removable)
    •Android 7.1.1 Nougat

Feedback Score
    That went over like a lead balloon.

I guess E5 at half that price killed it LOL, and $700 ish normal price - kind of a joke really.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Samsung J3 Sky, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slamsome View Post
    This thread is quiet because the phone was sold out quickly, but the thread on SlickDeals is a zoo. They had two colors: black and gold. The black one was on sale for $100, the gold one was still $720. The black one was sold out by 8:30AM CST. Then around 11:30AM CST, the gold one also went on sale for $100, it was sold out in literally MINUTES. I got one into my cart, by the time I got my credit card number entered a few minutes later, it was out of stock.

Many people are receiving email that their orders were cancelled, but no reason was given. Don't know if it was pricing error, multiple orders, insufficient supply, or what.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    This thread is quiet because the phone was sold out quickly, but the thread on SlickDeals is a zoo. They had two colors: black and gold. The black one was on sale for $100, the gold one was still $720. The black one was sold out by 8:30AM CST. Then around 11:30AM CST, the gold one also went on sale for $100, it was sold out in literally MINUTES. I got one into my cart, by the time I got my credit card number entered a few minutes later, it was out of stock.

Many people are receiving email that their orders were cancelled, but no reason was given. Don't know if it was pricing error, multiple orders, insufficient supply, or what.
    I was too late to get the deal but 2 friends that did place orders have both been canceled for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Samsung SM-N960U
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I saw that early and had a hard time not ordering one, but unfortunately it doesn't have Band 14.

Sent from my Sonim XP8800 using HoFo mobile app
    Sent from a Sonim XP-8

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slamsome View Post

I guess E5 at half that price killed it
    In addition to the stock issues, being AT&T only didn't help.

Part of the E5's appeal was it working with all 3 carrier.

Feedback Score
    Oh haha wow. That went fast.

This is my daily phone, it's pretty great. Screen scratches easily is the biggest caveat, but they're light scratches, not like deep scratches that occur in glass. It's a plastic unbreakable screen that's very thin so the viewing angles are great. As far as everything else, it's top notch, minus the only "moderately decent" and sometimes unsatisfying camera, which is par for the course for Motorola.

The Z2 Force was a great phone that came out way overpriced, I think Moto decided it was their new flagship at the last minute and priced it accordingly, so it was a $700 phone that just bombed.

Other caveat might be quality control: I've replaced mine twice, once because it didn't update and once because the battery randomly died. Third time seems to be the charm, knock on wood.

Swappa will have them at a great price normally anyway, but not this low of course.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ithryn View Post
    ....This is my daily phone, it's pretty great. Screen scratches easily is the biggest caveat, but they're light scratches, not like deep scratches that occur in glass. It's a plastic unbreakable screen that's very thin so the viewing angles are great. As far as everything else, it's top notch, minus the only "moderately decent" and sometimes unsatisfying camera, which is par for the course for Motorola....
    You are right. I couldn't believe it, so I had to look it up. No Gorilla glass just Motorola's "ShatterShield".

Quoted from an article I'm too lazy to link.
    "ShatterShield display is made up of several layers. Immediately above the base aluminum chassis layer is the AMOLED screen; above that, there’s a dual touch layer. Placed over the touch layer are two protective lenses: an interior lens that, according to the company, “provides a clear protective shield that won’t crack or shatter,” and an exterior protective lens to guard against dents and abrasion."

Seems to me this is really stupid on Motorola.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Seems to me this is really stupid on Motorola.
    InnovatIon means trying different things.
    Some work, some don't.

A few iterations and it could be the next big thing. The promise of a screen that doesn't break sounds good to me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    InnovatIon means trying different things. Some work, some don't. A few iterations and it could be the next big thing. The promise of a screen that doesn't break sounds good to me.
    bring back replaceable batteries also.

Feedback Score
    I'm still undecided on the screen. It looks great, and the scratches aren't that noticeable, but they're still...scratches.

Like I said viewing angles are great and glare is almost non-existent. I think the screen is 0.1 mm thick or something crazy like that.

Glass is great but hard = brittle. I had a gorilla glass phone which I pulled out of my pocket and accidentally threw across a parking lot, it skittered and bounced over the asphalt - and no damage other than a scuff on the metal. A long while later I dropped the same phone maybe 1' onto a hard surface and it cracked right in half. Now a perfectly serviceable phone is would cost as much to repair as it does to buy a refurbed one so it's basically unsellable. I still use it, but it would be cool if they develop this unbreakable idea further.

Of course I could try not being a klutz...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ithryn View Post
    I'm still undecided on the screen. It looks great, and the scratches aren't that noticeable, but they're soon
    I'd love to try one. Have you tested the unbreakable aspect (purposely or accidentally)?

Perhaps another layer, like hardened glass protector that can be replaced cheaply

Feedback Score
    I'm sorry to say that I have dropped it a couple times, it's been fine.

It's absurdly thin, too, but between the metal back and the hard plastic front it feels pretty durable.

It never gets hot, either, which was my next worry with the 835 processor and it being so thin.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast