Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need Advice on Switching From PP to RP

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Need Advice on Switching From PP to RP

I'm buying a Note 8 on eBay and I wasn't aware of Red Pocket until I saw it listed under the Note 8 listing. I have had Page Plus for many years and I like their service. I have never had any problems with dropped calls or missing texts, and my areas Verizon network is awesome (in NC). I've had the same number for over 25+ years and when switching from Verizon to PP, I nearly lost it and I don't want a repeat of that if I decide to switch to RP. Has anyone switched a number from PP to RP? I'm apprehensive about the price, compared to the $38 I pay now and a yearly $99 from RP, its very cheap and cheap things are usually cheap for a reason. Anyone from NC using RP and like it? Any advice would be great. Thanks

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aerogurl View Post
    I'm buying a Note 8 on eBay and I wasn't aware of Red Pocket until I saw it listed under the Note 8 listing. I have had Page Plus for many years and I like their service. I have never had any problems with dropped calls or missing texts, and my areas Verizon network is awesome (in NC). I've had the same number for over 25+ years and when switching from Verizon to PP, I nearly lost it and I don't want a repeat of that if I decide to switch to RP. Has anyone switched a number from PP to RP? I'm apprehensive about the price, compared to the $38 I pay now and a yearly $99 from RP, its very cheap and cheap things are usually cheap for a reason. Anyone from NC using RP and like it? Any advice would be great. Thanks
    I switched from PP to RP about 2 years ago without any problems. Best I can remember is it took about 2 hours to complete. I had to call PP and have them release my number. I also changed to a new phone at the same time.

Sent from my [Huawei Mediapad M3] using HoFo mobile app
    Moto G4 Play running Microg for Lineage 14.1

Feedback Score
    Last spring I moved my number from PPC to RP and have regretted it. The customer service is awful. When my plan expires in May, I plan to move back to PPC.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket 500/500/500 Verizon plan
    Feedback Score
    I have had PPC, Airvoice, Boom and RedPocket

If you need Customer Service...... You are going to pay a price for it.... That said, I had PPC for 8 years on their lowest plan, I never really had a problem with them and liked that balance rolled over (i had a +$100 credit on my account most of the time) I finally gave it up as my iPhone 4 was just too old to justify keeping the service.

I have had RP for over 1 year, and have never had a real problem with the service..... and Have always been able to get ahold of customer service when needed...... and it was BY FAR the lowest cost service I could ever own.

I give RP 4-1/2 stars out of 5 and have just purchased a new 360 day plan @ a cost of about $4.19 30/days If I run out of talk/text/data I have the option to add or not.

RP has been around for quite some time and "most people" really like the value they get from the service.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I'll also add that when I used RP, I thought their CS was very good.
    Vzw-$9.99/mo+$0.25/min-1999-2001
    PagePlus-2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1-2013-2016
    Selectel Flex-2013-2015
    Puppy-2014
    Tracfone-2015-2016
    TruPhone-2015-
    Red Pocket-2016-2017
    Piranha-2016-
    FreedomPop-GSM-2016-
    T-Mo-Data-2017-
    3-2018-

Ericsson AF738 Jul99-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

Device(s)
    Moto G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Anyone from NC using RP and like it? Any advice would be great. Thanks
    I visit my sister in the Raleigh area a few times a year & have been very pleased with Red Pocket GSMA (ATT) coverage & speed.

No issues with customer service the few times I have had to use them. I always used chat & experienced a timely resolution each time. Currently managing 3 Red Pocket lines & have been a customer for about 2 years.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Thank you guys I really appreciate the replies. Other than the initial setup I don't see a reason I would need customer service if I buy a year package. That being said, a new worry I just had with the bad customer service reply is, what if I hate it, I can't get a refund on a yearly subscription? Maybe I should just go to their website and order a month at a time to try it then order the year from eBay later if I like it.

Feedback Score
    ....Maybe I should just go to their website and order a month at a time to try it then order the year from eBay later if I like it.
    Yes do that.
    As a USA citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a racist, hypersensitive, crass, immoral psychopathic traitor, narcissist liar committing High Treason against the USA.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.23.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 03.13.19

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Thank you guys I really appreciate the replies. Other than the initial setup I don't see a reason I would need customer service if I buy a year package. That being said, a new worry I just had with the bad customer service reply is, what if I hate it, I can't get a refund on a yearly subscription? Maybe I should just go to their website and order a month at a time to try it then order the year from eBay later if I like it.
    RP is currently offering their $30/30 day plan for $15. I saw a report saying up to 3 per transaction can be purchased.

UT&T&D W/ 3GB/30 Days LTE (5GB on GSMA!)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Pocket-...n/132780004013

All reports indicate that RP plans can be activated up to a year after purchase, although I doubt that there's any real/fixed time limit.

Feedback Score
    @ Boz1 Thanks.
    Just bought 3 to use as refills. It's 5GB LTE for GSMA.
    "....If you are an existing Red Pocket customer or using a Sprint or other non-LTE CDMA device, you do not need to use the Starter Kit SIM cards...."

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    @ Boz1 Thanks.
    Just bought 3 to use as refills. It's 5GB LTE for GSMA.
    "....If you are an existing Red Pocket customer or using a Sprint or other non-LTE CDMA device, you do not need to use the Starter Kit SIM cards...."
    Yes, I noted the 5GB/30 days for GSMA above.

$15/30 days is an incredible price for the Vzw (3GB/30 days) or AT&T (5GB/30 days) network.

The Mint Mobile $20 total for 3 months trial is a better short-term price/deal, but that's only for the T-Mo network.

Feedback Score
    Just in case I tried to buy 3 more. No soap.

Feedback Score
    I have been very pleased with RP so far with the eBay GSMA 5G annual plan for about $16 every 30 days when getting it on sale. I heard instances of porting headaches for some but I just requested a new line when I first started with RP (I use Google Voice, so RP is just the forwarded number). Almost a year now and no issues. Like many folks said here, the value just cannot be beat for a medium user like myself only using around 2GB of data per month so far (good to have the cushion of 5GB though at this price).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by motherload View Post
    Last spring I moved my number from PPC to RP and have regretted it. The customer service is awful. When my plan expires in May, I plan to move back to PPC.
    mr
    Page Plus is a bigger company. Much bigger. And it is thus less likely to suddenly vanish with your phone number and money like so many MNVO's do lately. Red Pocket is in the fly-by-night category.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    mr
    Page Plus is a bigger company. Much bigger. And it is thus less likely to suddenly vanish with your phone number and money like so many MNVO's do lately. Red Pocket is in the fly-by-night category.
    Incorrect.

Red Pocket has been around for ~15 years. Fact.

On the other hand P+ after being bought by Slime. There's been persistent rumors (rumors) that American Movil/TF/Slime is neglecting, trying to kill off or migrate P+ business to his other MVNOs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast