Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Article on Tm's plans for airtigh sprint.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    When Tmo bought Metro, they moved everyone off of CDMA and onto GSM/LTE without a problem and everyone is better off for it.

Shutting down Sprint's CDMA network is definitely the right thing to do. It also isolates Verizon as the last existing CDMA carrier in the US.

Tmo has a long history of moving quickly and getting things done. Their LTE rollout was fabulous back in the day.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app
    Verizon's CDMA network is supposed to be shut down by the end of this year. T-Mobile will continue running Sprint's CDMA for 3 years as agreed to in the merger.

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    Verizon's CDMA network is supposed to be shut down by the end of this year. T-Mobile will continue running Sprint's CDMA for 3 years as agreed to in the merger.
    3 years of continued CDMA? That doesn't sound good. They need to get rid of the CDMA network as quickly as possible. I hope they left a loophole in the agreement.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Should the T-Mo/Sprint deal happen, I bet that Verizon and AT&T will offer some sweet-looking deals to pick off Sprint customers when T-Mo starts consolidating
    They can’t, their problem is that all their existing customers pay too much. They’re better off to protect what they have, which is the same reason they haven’t been comparative in the past.

Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p6B5Nm5b View Post
    They can’t, their problem is that all their existing customers pay too much. They’re better off to protect what they have, which is the same reason they haven’t been comparative in the past.
    try not to let your bias on value and coverage apply to millions of others.
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sectime View Post
    try not to let your bias on value and coverage apply to millions of others.
    I think you misunderstand. Regardless of your perception of “value” or lack their of, my point was that the legacy carriers have too many customers at high price points to be able to suddenly price be price competitive as the poster suggested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    3 years of continued CDMA? That doesn't sound good. They need to get rid of the CDMA network as quickly as possible. I hope they left a loophole in the agreement.

Yes and I really don't think it will get shut down before 3 years. It's mainly for 'competitive' reasons they will he required to keep it up.

You have tons of rural CDMA carriers who rely on Sprint outside of their footprint, including CSpire. I'm sure they won't invest in CDMA any more, just do the bare minimum to keep it up and running.

Of course you also have connected cars with Sprint connectivity like some FCA and Hyundai vehicles as well.

Sent from my PH-1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Yes and I really don't think it will get shut down before 3 years. It's mainly for 'competitive' reasons they will he required to keep it up.

You have tons of rural CDMA carriers who rely on Sprint outside of their footprint, including CSpire. I'm sure they won't invest in CDMA any more, just do the bare minimum to keep it up and running.

Of course you also have connected cars with Sprint connectivity like some FCA and Hyundai vehicles as well.

Sent from my PH-1 using HoFo mobile app
    I mean, CDMA runs in as little as 1.25MHz carriers, it's not like it's going to be overly detrimental leaving it up and running with the amount of PCS T-Mobile will have after the deal.
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You have tons of rural CDMA carriers who rely on Sprint outside of their footprint, including CSpire.
    Tons? Really?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p6B5Nm5b View Post
    It's possible. I wouldn't say their customers pay too much..yes there are a lot of people holding on to legacy plans etc but the newer plans over the last couple of years have been comparable imo. I was with Sprint for a long long time. 13 years. Finally got tired of dial up speeds on 4g so I went to AT&T and I ended up paying LESS. Now true I had unlimited on sprint but I didn't have the hotspots option. AT&T set me up with a great deal for 40gb of data with roll-over and Hotspot. Heck even when I switched to the unlimited plan the cost was comparable to Sprint. And on sprint I didn't get a discount or anything when my contract finished. Heck when I was ready to switch I even looked at T Mobile and they weren't way cheaper like everyone hypes them up to be. Once I added the visual voicemail and unlimited Hotspot etc the price was more. The true cheaper plans are on prepaid. But postpaid prices are comparable between all of them right now. Not counting the specials Sprint has at different times. That's why I'm kind of weary about this merger. Tmobile hypes up the uncarrier thing but I'm worried about one less competitor

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings2510 View Post
    That's why I'm kind of weary about this merger. Tmobile hypes up the uncarrier thing but I'm worried about one less competitor
    Buy a little stock of all three right now. I predict your stock gains will more than make up for the price increases, which I'm also predicting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3