Thread: Permanently de-prioritized?

Feedback Score

Permanently de-prioritized?

5 lines, all fUDP. All under 10gigs individually.

Ongoing issue where all the devices on my plan seem to be drpri'ed all the time. Complaints to tier2 told me it's just overall congestion, but I received a work like on AboveUDP that's acting how I remember VZW to be.

Obviously not done together, but done back to back, speed tests on the AboveUDP device are much greater than my own in the same location, both on band13.

I've also noticed specific failures to Facebook/YouTube/Netflix on my line while the work line functions normally.

To confirm all of this, I swapped Sims between devices and the problems follow my line. I know it's not a sim issue as it was recently replaced and reprovisioned at a corporate store as suggested by t2.

I'm currently traveling with both phones to see if I run into the same slowdowns in other states.

Anyone else know of anything like this happening? It would make more sense if it was just one line experiencing this, but it's seemingly my whole family plan.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon has quietly deprioritized all the older plans.

That said, perhaps it's the inverse: What if they've increased the priority level of business accounts' lines? It would make sense that Verizon would want to show off for the big spenders.

Another possibility: Maybe it's some sort of temporary bug that'll resolve itself when your next billing cycle arrives.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenTBK View Post
    5 lines, all fUDP. All under 10gigs individually.

Ongoing issue where all the devices on my plan seem to be drpri'ed all the time. Complaints to tier2 told me it's just overall congestion, but I received a work like on AboveUDP that's acting how I remember VZW to be.

Obviously not done together, but done back to back, speed tests on the AboveUDP device are much greater than my own in the same location, both on band13.

I've also noticed specific failures to Facebook/YouTube/Netflix on my line while the work line functions normally.

To confirm all of this, I swapped Sims between devices and the problems follow my line. I know it's not a sim issue as it was recently replaced and reprovisioned at a corporate store as suggested by t2.

I'm currently traveling with both phones to see if I run into the same slowdowns in other states.

Anyone else know of anything like this happening? It would make more sense if it was just one line experiencing this, but it's seemingly my whole family plan.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using HoFo mobile app
    If you're only using band 13 no wonder you're congested.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    If you're only using band 13 no wonder you're congested.
    both on band13.
    Name:  IMG_0343.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  61.7 KB
    both on band13.
    Name:  reactionroll_2018-Oct-29.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  34.7 KB
    both on band13.
    Name:  IMG_0387.jpg
Size:  43.0 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post

Name:  IMG_0343.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  61.7 KB

Name:  reactionroll_2018-Oct-29.jpg
Size:  34.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0387.jpg
Size:  43.0 KB
    Did you have a point? I mean other than to troll. Obviously I meant only using band 13 and not any other bands. Not that there was only one device using band 13. Two devices BOTH using ONLY band 13 would make the situation even worse. Seriously what is your issue? Did they stop teaching reading comprehension in school in the 2000s? My son can read, he's 23 so obviously they still taught it at his school.

I said If you're only using band 13 no wonder you're congested meaning if you are using band 13 ONLY and not other bands

What you implied I said but I did not say If only you are using band 13 no wonder you're congested My post was pretty clear in what it says and what I meant and you clearly didn't read it correctly.

I'm not sure if you are obtuse by nature or just doing it just to troll because for some unknown reason you have this obsession with getting on my case. If you have some issue with me please feel free to PM me and let me know what I supposedly did that makes you have this agenda against me. Otherwise it's time to put you on the ignore list.
    Last edited by Jack Hagar; 12-12-2018 at 02:46 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    RavenTBK, it might be worth asking a tech whether business plans receive higher QoS priority than ordinary customer plans. Verizon’s attempt to compete with AT&T’s FirstNet makes it pretty likely that they’ve altered QoS rankings to accommodate priority users.

Jack, my problem with you is that your comments ALWAYS default to blaming the customer instead of Verizon, even though Verizon is the one with all the power.

Feedback Score
    Regardless of band selected, there's always a solid difference between my line and the work line. As far as I know, it's not a mega corporate special deal line, but just a business owned family plan. Everybody on it is on the same AboveUDP.

If it wasn't such a pita to get account work done, I should probably make a sub for my line and put AboveUDP on it to see if my performance magically improves.

I've also found a bunch of areas where FB/YT/Netflix are all pretty well unreachable, but firing up the VPN they quickly return to life. I feel like I need more tinfoil. VZW wouldn't selectively block websites to reduce congestion on low bandwidth tower sites, would they?

Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I've also found a bunch of areas where FB/YT/Netflix are all pretty well unreachable, but firing up the VPN they quickly return to life. I feel like I need more tinfoil. VZW wouldn't selectively block websites to reduce congestion on low bandwidth tower sites, would they?
    Verizon throttles video on all plans even tiered plans.

Feedback Score
    I've done more testing, and I've found that Verizon is completely blocking domains that serve video. Wether or not the data consumed is actually video, and regardless of the line's status with the 22gb depri.

Using the browser to view text on Facebook fails, as in zero response. Using the browser to view text on Netflix fails....and so on.

Firing up the VPN makes everything work as usual.

I've found these outright blocks exist on all available bands, so it seems like Verizon using a sledge to drive a picture nail just for the simplicity of only needing one swing.

I travel quite a bit, and have found other "smaller" areas locked up the exact same way.

Feedback Score
    I've done more testing, and I've found that Verizon is completely blocking domains that serve video. Wether or not the data consumed is actually video, and regardless of the line's status with the 22gb depri.

Using the browser to view text on Facebook fails, as in zero response. Using the browser to view text on Netflix fails....and so on.

Firing up the VPN makes everything work as usual.

I've found these outright blocks exist on all available bands, so it seems like Verizon using a sledge to drive a picture nail just for the simplicity of only needing one swing.

I travel quite a bit, and have found other "smaller" areas locked up the exact same way.

Funny I don't have these issues and I'm on Go.