Thread: Can I use an AT&T Samsung Galaxy Express Prime 2 SM-J327A?

Feedback Score

Can I use an AT&T Samsung Galaxy Express Prime 2 SM-J327A?

Is it possible to use a prepaid AT&T Samsung Galaxy Express Prime 2 SM-J327A on VZW? It is missing Band 13 for LTE. Has been in use for over 6 months so I think it qualifies for an unlock on the AT&T side.

I checked the IMEI on VZW and it says it is not compatible but I've read that others use phones that fail that check.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by byop View Post
    Is it possible to use a prepaid AT&T Samsung Galaxy Express Prime 2 SM-J327A on VZW? It is missing Band 13 for LTE. Has been in use for over 6 months so I think it qualifies for an unlock on the AT&T side.

I checked the IMEI on VZW and it says it is not compatible but I've read that others use phones that fail that check.
    I would not use a phone on Verizon without band 13. Are you 100% sure it will not be enabled when a Verizon sim is inserted? Many phones only have the current carriers bands enabled, but the hardware is able to receive other bands.

Sent from my SM-N960U 6GB aka Note 9 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    This website Samsung Galaxy Express Prime 2 SM-J327A Specs has these for the LTE bands

LTE Cat4 700/850/1700/1800/1900/2600 (Bands 2,3,4,5,7,12)

Feedback Score
    This website Samsung Galaxy Express Prime 2 SM-J327A Specs has these for the LTE bands
    No band 13 so do not use

Feedback Score
    I'm not asking if I "should" use it, but if it can be used.

Feedback Score
    is the phone still being used on AT&T ?? if yes then remove the phone from the AT&T account
    and have the phone unlocked, then try the IMEI on verizon. see here - https://www.frequencycheck.com/carri...-united-states

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max / BlackBerry KEYone BBB100-3 / Samsung Galaxy S8 / Netgear AC815S
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    It's possible, however I won't recommend it because you likely will not get VoLTE.
    At the most, it can be used as a data only device on B2, B4 and B5. If you want voice you will have to use something like WhatsApp, Viber etc...for voice.

My Netgear AC815S from AT&T failed the IMEI check on the Verizon Wireless website, however when I drop in my Verizon Wireless SIM card it works fine. (not that it matters too much since I'm using only as a data only device).

Feedback Score
    I doubt it since it will lack VoLTE and the phone doesn't have CDMA. But if you could, sure if you want to pay top dollar for inferior service go ahead. Just don't complain when you can't use VoLTE or make calls of any type for that matter and your data is severely gimped.

Feedback Score
    I'm doing this for a friend that can't afford his service or a new phone right now. I can swing the $20/mo but hoping to avoid buying a new phone.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm doing this for a friend that can't afford his service or a new phone right now. I can swing the $20/mo but hoping to avoid buying a new phone.
    I would look on swappa for a used base smartphone for Verizon and sell the at&t phone.

Sent from my SM-N960U 6GB aka Note 9 using Tapatalk