Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Totalwireless WiFi Hotspot tethering

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    37
    Feedback Score
    0

    Totalwireless WiFi Hotspot tethering

    I had a Verizon branded LG G3 running a custom ROM (CRDroid 4.6) which is Android 8.1 based.
    I had no problem with Wifi tethering.

    I replaced the phone with a Verizon branded LG V30 (stock Android 8.0) It has a Verizon Mobile Hotspot app installed. When I try to turn on tethering, I get an error "Mobile number not found"

    I have read that FoxFi and PDANet do not support Android 7 or higher and I am reluctant to try Bluetooh HS since I need to connect two or more devices when I am driving.

    Are their any other options out there?

    Len
    Len

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    SID 246
    Posts
    2,375
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7, LG G Stylo 3 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Red Pocket-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fouriron View Post
    I had a Verizon branded LG G3 running a custom ROM (CRDroid 4.6) which is Android 8.1 based.
    I had no problem with Wifi tethering.

    I replaced the phone with a Verizon branded LG V30 (stock Android 8.0) It has a Verizon Mobile Hotspot app installed. When I try to turn on tethering, I get an error "Mobile number not found"

    I have read that FoxFi and PDANet do not support Android 7 or higher and I am reluctant to try Bluetooh HS since I need to connect two or more devices when I am driving.

    Are their any other options out there?

    Len
    Can’t do it due to Verizon firmware. As it will check if you have tethering but it can’t cause you don’t have Verizon directly. There might be a way to disable entitlement like on Samsung phones but not sure

    Pdanet has supported Oreo 8.0 for a long while now. Works fine on my S8. It’s annoying as each time you turn it on it’ll have a different ssid name and password you’ll have to setup each time on each device


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T iPhone 7 128GB Gold
    867-5309 Line: LG G Stylo 3 Plus

    I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

    My Photography www.hunterspad.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,310
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fouriron View Post
    I had a Verizon branded LG G3 running a custom ROM (CRDroid 4.6) which is Android 8.1 based.
    I had no problem with Wifi tethering.

    I replaced the phone with a Verizon branded LG V30 (stock Android 8.0) It has a Verizon Mobile Hotspot app installed. When I try to turn on tethering, I get an error "Mobile number not found"

    I have read that FoxFi and PDANet do not support Android 7 or higher and I am reluctant to try Bluetooh HS since I need to connect two or more devices when I am driving.

    Are their any other options out there?

    Len
    does the phone have USB or BLUETOOTH tethering ??
    try those and see if those work.

    another option to try is go into your mobile network settings -
    APN settings - edit access point - APN type - it should say - default,mms,supl,hipri,fota add dun to -default,mms,supl,fota,hipri,dun
    and see if hotspot works.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    37
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    does the phone have USB or BLUETOOTH tethering ??
    try those and see if those work.

    another option to try is go into your mobile network settings -
    APN settings - edit access point - APN type - it should say - default,mms,supl,hipri,fota add dun to -default,mms,supl,fota,hipri,dun
    and see if hotspot works.
    Yeah, I thought of that, but the only thing I can change on the APN is the name. It will not display any fields. I really wanted Hotspot so I could connect my car head unit to my phone via Wifi as blue tooth is already being used for calls and USB is being used for Android Auto. Oh well, I gues I could always port to Verizon or root the phone. Neither of which is my first choice.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    37
    Feedback Score
    0
    This gets weirder. If I try to turn on USB or Bluetooth tethering, I get the same "Mobile number not found" error.
    If I use PDAnet+ from either my computer or another android device, I get connected to Wifi but no internet access.
    I think I will go to a Verizon store and ask them If I port to Verizon prepaid will this problem go away.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    SID 246
    Posts
    2,375
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7, LG G Stylo 3 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Red Pocket-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fouriron View Post
    This gets weirder. If I try to turn on USB or Bluetooth tethering, I get the same "Mobile number not found" error.
    If I use PDAnet+ from either my computer or another android device, I get connected to Wifi but no internet access.
    I think I will go to a Verizon store and ask them If I port to Verizon prepaid will this problem go away.
    It will go away as long as Verizon prepaid includes tethering.


    Did you set proxy settings as well! When using pdanet you have to manually setup your proxy settings after connecting


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Virgin OV 2.2.2 WiFi hotspot tethering
    By 350X in forum Virgin Mobile USA
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 11:39 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 01:25 AM
  3. Motorola Triumph Wifi Hotspot Tethering
    By pocketpenguin in forum Virgin Mobile USA
    Replies: 230
    Last Post: 12-30-2011, 10:38 AM
  4. Wifi Hotspot (tethering)
    By rmesser in forum Symbian/S60
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-03-2011, 10:05 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-31-2011, 02:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks