Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Sucessfull VoLTE Activation on Prepaid!

Feedback Score
    I'm still not sure whether I should keep my prepaid or my postpaid accounts. I noticed last night there really is a difference in terms of coverage. My Note 9 using the prepaid was getting no data at all while my S9+ using my postpaid was working great. I drive a mile west and both phones data was flowing smoothly.

I did lose my special $65 pricing for not renewing the prepaid in January so with autopay, it's now $70.

I love the prepaid Wifi calling especially since I can't get AT&T at my house so this makes it usable. I'm just not sure it's worth the $70 with service that I've noticed is not always comparable to the postpaid. Got three more weeks to keep experimenting with the prepaid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hexonxonx View Post
    I'm still not sure whether I should keep my prepaid or my postpaid accounts. I noticed last night there really is a difference in terms of coverage. My Note 9 using the prepaid was getting no data at all while my S9+ using my postpaid was working great. I drive a mile west and both phones data was flowing smoothly.

I did lose my special $65 pricing for not renewing the prepaid in January so with autopay, it's now $70.

I love the prepaid Wifi calling especially since I can't get AT&T at my house so this makes it usable. I'm just not sure it's worth the $70 with service that I've noticed is not always comparable to the postpaid. Got three more weeks to keep experimenting with the prepaid.
    You are having problems with service on the $85 unlimited prepaid plan?

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Are you sure it wasn't just a fluke with your phone? I've never had a phone that didn't occasionally have data stop responding and need a reboot or airplane mode cycle.

I've also never seen postpaid service working while prepaid doesn't. Not saying it didn't happen, but it sounds very uncharacteristic of AT&T prepaid service in my experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't just a fluke with your phone? I've never had a phone that didn't occasionally have data stop responding and need a reboot or airplane mode cycle.

I've also never seen postpaid service working while prepaid doesn't. Not saying it didn't happen, but it sounds very uncharacteristic of AT&T prepaid service in my experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Noticed last night that my postpaid sim was giving me really slow speeds in my S9+ while my other postpaid sim in an iPhone was giving really outstanding speeds.

I had the prepaid sim in a Note 9 and both the Note 9 and S9+ have been upgraded to Pie. Tonight, I'll try the prepaid sim in an iPhone and see what happens.

Something seems to be slowing down my speeds on the Android phones.

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Noticed last night that my postpaid sim was giving me really slow speeds in my S9+ while my other postpaid sim in an iPhone was giving really outstanding speeds.

I had the prepaid sim in a Note 9 and both the Note 9 and S9+ have been upgraded to Pie. Tonight, I'll try the prepaid sim in an iPhone and see what happens.

Something seems to be slowing down my speeds on the Android phones.
    I really think you are on to something. I had AT&T Post Paid and Prepaid using my Le pro 3, Moto g5s plus and Moto g6 and I get medicore speeds. I switched over to cricket same AT&T network sometimes I would get 100mbps with their unlimited plan extra. So I know I'm not i wasn't imagining things.

Sent from my moto g(6) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buglewe View Post
    I really think you are on to something. I had AT&T Post Paid and Prepaid using my Le pro 3, Moto g5s plus and Moto g6 and I get medicore speeds. I switched over to cricket same AT&T network sometimes I would get 100mbps with their unlimited plan extra. So I know I'm not i wasn't imagining things.

Well. I think in my case, it has something to do with my Android phones. I put the prepaid sim in an iPhone XS Max and I'll test it out while out driving for my job tonight.

I can't test it at home because I have no AT&T service here without having to use WiFi calling, I have no data connection at all if I turn off WiFi.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score

When did Cricket remove their 8mbs on their top plan limit?
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    When did Cricket remove their 8mbs on their top plan limit?
    They removed the 8mbps on their $60 plan since about Sept of last year.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    They removed the 8mbps on their $60 plan since about Sept of last year.

If I knew that, I forgot. I've seen people getting high speeds, and it turned out they were on Wi-Fi and forgot that.

Looks pretty comparable to the ATT Prepaid unlimited plan.

I could have switched to Cricket last fall then to get VoLTE on my phone. Or, if it became available early enough last September, I would have transferred to get Wi-Fi calling.

I'm now no on the $40 8GB plan for ATT prepaid (after discount) so I'll stay with that for now. My balance takes me through early April anyway

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Just did my first out of town trip since volte enabled. Pretty good. There was one 1 bar area where service was bad. But stayed connected. Significantly better than 4g for voice. Why I wanted the option

Feedback Score
    So I've confirmed that the slow and no data errors were because I was using my prepaid sim in my S9+ and Note 9. I moved the sim into my unlocked iPhone XS Max for the past three days and got great speeds although the coverage is still just a bit lacking compared to my AT&T postpaid on the same model iPhone.

Feedback Score
    So I've confirmed that the slow and no data errors were because I was using my prepaid sim in my S9+ and Note 9. I moved the sim into my unlocked iPhone XS Max for the past three days and got great speeds although the coverage is still just a bit lacking compared to my AT&T postpaid on the same model iPhone.
    I also got terrible data results with an unlocked S9. Went back to an unlocked XS. Prepaid here as well.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kingc View Post
    I also got terrible data results with an unlocked S9. Went back to an unlocked XS. Prepaid here as well.
    Hmm, that sound weird why you'd get poor data speeds on the S9. I have an S8 and had seen speeds up to 150Mbps depending on location. And around 30-50Mbps inside my house.
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

A virtually impossible but finitely improbable location
    Device(s)
    Note 8
    Feedback Score
    Any still waiting for volte? I'm still waiting... Note 8 in PGH pa.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Hmm, that sound weird why you'd get poor data speeds on the S9. I have an S8 and had seen speeds up to 150Mbps depending on location. And around 30-50Mbps inside my house.
    Again myself no brought my S9+ with the post paid sum and had poor speeds compared to my XS Max with the prepaid sim in it. I have no idea why.

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast