Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Thread: Sucessfull VoLTE Activation on Prepaid!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Boulevard View Post
    Any still waiting for volte? I'm still waiting... Note 8 in PGH pa.
    Yes, still waiting.
    Durham, NC

A virtually impossible but finitely improbable location
    Device(s)
    Note 8
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NCTed View Post
    Yes, still waiting.
    In a way, that's good to know. Misery loves company.

Feedback Score
    I tried last week while in Orlando with my sister (we both live in TN, but opposite ends of the state), sticking my sim card in her Verizon iPhone for a little while to see if it would provision my account, but nothing happened. Not sure if it was because of her phone, or because we were in Orlando, or some other reason.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macville View Post
    I tried last week while in Orlando with my sister (we both live in TN, but opposite ends of the state), sticking my sim card in her Verizon iPhone for a little while to see if it would provision my account, but nothing happened. Not sure if it was because of her phone, or because we were in Orlando, or some other reason.
    I suspect it is a combination of ATT doing a provisioning of the account to allow it to be enabled, dependent on compatible SIM card and compatible phone. In my case, I bought a new iPhone SE on sale for ATT Prepaid, and when I stuck my compatible SIM in there, VoLTE was enabled. The adding the phone to my account triggered a $45 credit, so touched my account. I wish I had tested VoLTE on my older phone just before this, so I would know whether it was the new phone that triggered it, or just a coincidence since some other people here reported it that day.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score

Sucessfull VoLTE Activation on Prepaid!

It's definitely triggered by having a compatible device on the line. If I swap my SIM into an unlocked non-AT&T Android like my Moto Z3 or Blackberry, VoLTE goes away.

If I put the SIM back in an iPhone, VoLTE initially won't work. But if I wait about 5 minutes and restart or toggle airplane mode, VoLTE will come back. I've tested this numerous times now.

I would recommend to anyone who has an iPhone or AT&T branded Android that still doesn't have VoLTE to swap their SIM into any other phone, wait a few minutes, then swap back and see if it gets triggered on your line.

If it's still not working, it may just not be available in your area yet.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Note 8
    Feedback Score
    Tried this a week ago, no dice... Tried again today, again, no dice. Placed my sim card into a cheap Cricket branded phone... Let it in there for 30 minutes. Toggled Airplane mode, etc. Put it back in my Note 8, still no dice. Toggled, rebooted, waited, tried WifiCalling. Nada... LTE still toggles to 4G when making calls.

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Tried this a week ago, no dice... Tried again today, again, no dice. Placed my sim card into a cheap Cricket branded phone... Let it in there for 30 minutes. Toggled Airplane mode, etc. Put it back in my Note 8, still no dice. Toggled, rebooted, waited, tried WifiCalling. Nada... LTE still toggles to 4G when making calls.
    Did you submit the imei of the cricket branded phone?

Sent from my moto g(6) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Possibly not available in your market yet? Do you know anyone else or have seen any reports of it working in your area?

Feedback Score
    Any luck in Chicago area yet?

Device(s)
    Note 8
    Feedback Score
    no other reports of Pgh that I know of...

I did a cricket phone before... I just now entered in the IMEI of a phone from Verizon, an old S4. I put the sim in and let it find the network, Found H+ then eventually registered on LTE after several more minutes. Let it stay on for 30 minutes.

I then re-registered my Note 8, pit in the sim, and rebooted. I'll try making a call to see if it stays on LTE. and report back

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theremix View Post
    Any luck in Chicago area yet?
    Yes, been working for me for a few weeks now.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    no other reports of Pgh that I know of...

I did a cricket phone before... I just now entered in the IMEI of a phone from Verizon, an old S4. I put the sim in and let it find the network, Found H+ then eventually registered on LTE after several more minutes. Let it stay on for 30 minutes.

I then re-registered my Note 8, pit in the sim, and rebooted. I'll try making a call to see if it stays on LTE. and report back
    I don’t do any of the IMEI registering online, just purely swapping the SIMs.

Feedback Score
    I am switching to at&t prepaid next month hopefully my s9+ works perfect with volte. I am wondering does autopay discount applies right away when I switch or it takes 2 months to be effective?

I will be switching from verizon prepaid their prepaid is very slow they throttle you down like crazy even if you dont use data much.

Device(s)
    Note 8
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skyethur View Post
    I am switching to at&t prepaid next month hopefully my s9+ works perfect with volte. I am wondering does autopay discount applies right away when I switch or it takes 2 months to be effective?

I will be switching from verizon prepaid their prepaid is very slow they throttle you down like crazy even if you dont use data much.
    Hours later, still switches to 4g to make calls

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I thought there were reports that it may take as long as into March to fully deploy. So I was surprised when it changed over here in Oklahoma in January.

Of course, based on my first learning about it, I thought I would get it by early December. Then January 15th. It was about a week after that when it showed up.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20