Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Thread: Sucessfull VoLTE Activation on Prepaid!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10+, S9+, Motorola E5 Spra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    guys I have new info about AT&T 3G shutdown and VoLTE I was able to chat with cricket wireless support and this is what they told me. Yes, they will be shutting down 3G as well on early 2022. and told me they will stop activating phones that doesn't support VoLTE on their network before 2022. They didn't mention anything about how they will implement VoLTE on BYOD devices but they said that they are currently working to add more devices to get VoLTE on their network. It seems that AT&T is really working hard to have VoLTE on all devices their customers have or else millions of customers will not able to talk in few years or next year. I believe once 5G will start rolling out they will start shutting down 3G because they will use 850Mhz Band 5 spectrum as 5G sub-6Ghz for coverage, Band 5 is at&t's most 3G frequency they are using now. here are some of the screenshots i took of our conversation.
    Name:  Screenshot (63).png
Views: 618
Size:  43.6 KBName:  Screenshot (64).png
Views: 619
Size:  31.7 KB
    Name:  Screenshot (66).png
Views: 619
Size:  38.8 KBName:  Screenshot (68).png
Views: 624
Size:  46.9 KB

Device(s)
    LG G3/G2/XCharge Moto E4/E2/G4-G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatseeker123 View Post
    Finally working in the Pacific Northwest region. Factory unlocked iPhone 8.
    I hope I soon hear of someone from the New England area (with an Android) report getting VoLTE.

Device(s)
    SE T616, Samsung x426
    Carrier(s)
    ATT GSM (x5)
    Feedback Score
    My unlock phones dropped to HSPA+ whenever making voice calls otherwise I am getting LTE on data. This has been an issue as I don't receive/make voice calls in my office building in Rhoda Island. Last week, I had to use wife's Huawei Elate phone and in my office, the phone was ringing off the hook. Immediately I noticed the phone stayed on LTE during the voice calls.

I then switched SIM and my unlock phones all stayed on LTE when using wife's SIM card. On the other hand, her phone swithed to HSPA+ using my SIM card.

I chatted with online support to "enable VoLTE" on my line. Of course, he couldn't do. I asked him to swap IMEI on my 2 lines which he did. After restarting, my line is now on LTE during voice calls. I swapped the phones again and using my SIM on my unlock phone. A day later, Cricket updated the phones registration and it is correctly showing the wife and my respective phones on-line. Except both my wife Huawei Elate and my Moto Z2 Force unlocked phones are both on VoLTE now.

To get VoLte, use a Cricket branded VoLTE supported phone and insert your SIM and keep it long enough so the Cricket system is updated.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Langning View Post
    My unlock phones dropped to HSPA+ whenever making voice calls otherwise I am getting LTE on data. This has been an issue as I don't receive/make voice calls in my office building in Rhoda Island. Last week, I had to use wife's Huawei Elate phone and in my office, the phone was ringing off the hook. Immediately I noticed the phone stayed on LTE during the voice calls.

I then switched SIM and my unlock phones all stayed on LTE when using wife's SIM card. On the other hand, her phone swithed to HSPA+ using my SIM card.

I chatted with online support to "enable VoLTE" on my line. Of course, he couldn't do. I asked him to swap IMEI on my 2 lines which he did. After restarting, my line is now on LTE during voice calls. I swapped the phones again and using my SIM on my unlock phone. A day later, Cricket updated the phones registration and it is correctly showing the wife and my respective phones on-line. Except both my wife Huawei Elate and my Moto Z2 Force unlocked phones are both on VoLTE now.

To get VoLte, use a Cricket branded VoLTE supported phone and insert your SIM and keep it long enough so the Cricket system is updated.
    Your story is confusing lol i dont quite get it but if u have volte by switching imei it will not last long until at&t allow byod phones.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using HoFo mobile app
    Galaxy Care Ambassador

Feedback Score
    Just got a new Google Pixel 3A.

Put my old sim card (which I got when I switched to AT&T prepaid back in 2015) into the 3A and VOLTE and HD-VOICE was enabled. Didn't have to call AT&T to add the features to my line.

WIFI-Calling is also working too. Turned it on confirmed my E911 address and then it said WIFI calling wasn't available at this time. So I restarted the phone and checked the WIFI-Calling setting again and it was on. Made a test call (See Picture Below) and it shows that the call was being made over WIFI and HD-Voice was enabled. Although on the Pixel 3A there doesn't appear to be a way to change the Preferred calling network from Mobile Preferred to WIFI Preferred. I did find if you put the phone in airplane mode and then turn on the phones WIFI it forces WIFI calling.

I thought I post this because my Pixel 3A is the unlocked one from the Google Store and because most people with unlocked android phones haven't had much luck getting these features enabled. Maybe some progress is being made?

Name:  VOLTE-Working.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  15.3 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by user34 View Post
    Just got a new Google Pixel 3A.

Put my old sim card (which I got when I switched to AT&T prepaid back in 2015) into the 3A and VOLTE and HD-VOICE was enabled. Didn't have to call AT&T to add the features to my line.

WIFI-Calling is also working too. Turned it on confirmed my E911 address and then it said WIFI calling wasn't available at this time. So I restarted the phone and checked the WIFI-Calling setting again and it was on. Made a test call (See Picture Below) and it shows that the call was being made over WIFI and HD-Voice was enabled. Although on the Pixel 3A there doesn't appear to be a way to change the Preferred calling network from Mobile Preferred to WIFI Preferred. I did find if you put the phone in airplane mode and then turn on the phones WIFI it forces WIFI calling.

I thought I post this because my Pixel 3A is the unlocked one from the Google Store and because most people with unlocked android phones haven't had much luck getting these features enabled. Maybe some progress is being made?

Name:  VOLTE-Working.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  15.3 KB
    Wow Great information I was wondering if the 3A works on at&t.. Thanks a lot!

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    I think the latest Pixel phones were known to be an exception vs the normal unlocked Android phones. So this is probably expected, though nice to be confirmed for a new model.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, user34. Now I can open my 3a that arrived a few hours ago. This is the first report of prepaid wifi calling working, so, even though I'm happy to have another Google device, I wasn't going to keep it without wifi calling. (I have a 9 wk old MOTO Z3 Play with the hardware but no love from AT&T.)

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    I'm visiting Nebraska. On US34 west of Lincoln. Not all that far from Lincoln (the state capital), not only didn't I have VoLTE. I didn't have service period

Likely there would have been service on I-80, not that far to the south. Once I got out of range of whatever service ATT provides for Seward, it went away until I got to Lincoln service. The RP iPhone I also had (Verizon) had excellent bars.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    It took four tries (kept saying wifi calling not available), but it works! I haven't actually tried it (or VoLTE, yet) as the other possible VoLTE device is sequestered in a "still sleeping" room.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28