Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Thread: Sucessfull VoLTE Activation on Prepaid!

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    My mom is using a Samsung A8 2018 that also supports VoLTE and WiFi calling, but it isn't active on it due to AT&T not allowing it since it is an "Unlocked" phone without AT&T firmware on it.
    It was annoying yesterday, as she had a eye appointment, and I was on my way there but was delayed in traffic. Every time I (using S9 Plus with AT&T VoLTE) called her (A8 using HSPA voice) it would ring on my end a few times and go to voicemail. This usual means her phone isn't getting good reception. Once I got there I checked her phone, and it showed 2 missed calls from me (even though I called about 5 times) but she said it never ringed. So while we were there, I called her A8 from my S9 Plus, and I could see the icon on the A8 change from LTE to H (meaning there was a call) but it never showed a call coming in. Nor could the A8 place a call, until we went out side, then worked.
    So it looks like the GSM HSPA Voice is not working well in that area but VoLTE is.
    This isn't the first time that her A8 got bad HSPA reception inside stores.
    We may end up having to replace the A8 with an S9 so it can also work with VoLTE.
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    So, any updates on this in the new year?

I’m thinking about ditching my iPhone for a Note 10+ (tired of muddling through so many endless iOS 13 bugs) but I refuse to buy carrier locked/branded/tainted phones.

I assume there is still no support for VoLTE or Wi-Fi calling on Android phones purchased factory unlocked?

I can always jump ship to T-Mo or Verizon, but my prepaid unlimited plan is a pretty sweet deal. Has anyone had any luck getting things activated yet or still the same old story?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    So, any updates on this in the new year?

I’m thinking about ditching my iPhone for a Note 10+ (tired of muddling through so many endless iOS 13 bugs) but I refuse to buy carrier locked/branded/tainted phones.

I assume there is still no support for VoLTE or Wi-Fi calling on Android phones purchased factory unlocked?

I can always jump ship to T-Mo or Verizon, but my prepaid unlimited plan is a pretty sweet deal. Has anyone had any luck getting things activated yet or still the same old story?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Based on my boss's experience with his Note 10+, I wouldn't expect any fewer bugs than with Apple. No one can seem to make a decent phone OS these days.
    Durham, NC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NCTed View Post
    Based on my boss's experience with his Note 10+, I wouldn't expect any fewer bugs than with Apple. No one can seem to make a decent phone OS these days.
    My Unlocked S9 never worked on volte or WiFi calling. Now, with the UI2/Android 10 upgrade it works on volte, but still not WiFi calling.

Device(s)
    LG Slo 4 & Sony Xperia Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    My Note 10+ works on wifi. It even asked me about it. US Cellular.
    Last edited by lennydude; 02-23-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    What about on AT&T?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I have an AT&T branded, unlocked from AT&T, LG V20 that I use on the 25GB Walmart plan.

just today, after about 5 updates, Android wants me to turn on WiFi calling. So it appears thatI have both VoLTE and WiFi calling on a prepaid plan.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    As far as I know, it's been working for some time on branded AT&T Android phones. All iPhones work too.

Factory unlocked/unbranded Androids are problems. Especially ones that AT&T sells a branded version of. Still nothing on my Note 10+ even after the Android 10 and One UI 2 update.

Tech support of course says I need a new SIM card. Although I'm fairly positive it won't work, I might try that and give it to the end of my billing cycle, or maybe one more, but calling on 3G seems to be getting worse by the day and I'm ready to switch.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    HD voice did work first. WiFi calling, on my setup, did not work until yesterday with the several updates. I never got a WiFi calling icon & a message to turn it on before yesterday.

As always, YMMV.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have an AT&T Note 9 and wifi calling/VOLTE used to work on the 8 GB plan. However, I upgraded to the $75 plan and it does not work anymore

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31