Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score

New Red Pocket Family Plan

I haven't examined it closely.

It may or may not be a good deal.

It does say mix and match networks, so at least it is a little unique.

$30/30 days + $20/30 days each additional line; up to 5 total. $10 one-time setup fee for each additional line.

UT&T&D, 3 Or 5 GB/30days (5 GB/30 days If GSMA or CDMAS) LTE. The website says:
    "5 GB LTE
    3 GB LTE on CDMA & GSMT"

https://www.redpocket.com/plan/family

Device(s)
    LG Xpression Plus, LG V20 Sprint Unlocked, LG Tribute HD, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Watch
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    eBay has the $240 unlimited T/T/5 GB LTE plan with choice of carrier. With a 10% coupon that comes up every now and then (or maybe even a 15% or 20% coupon) , that would make it $18 or less per month per line. If you are willing to pay for a year in advance, this seems to be a cheaper route than the family plan, unless I'm missing something.
    Mobile:

LG Xpression Plus - Red Pocket 500/500/500
    LG V20 LS997 Unlocked - Freedompop AT&T SIM
    Huawei Ascend XT2 unlocked
    iPhone SE 32 GB AT&T - Freedompop AT&T SIM
    LG Tribute HD (Boost Mobile) - Freedompop
    Samsung Gear S3 Frontier (non-LTE)
    Samsung Chromebook Plus
    ______
    Prior Phones:

LG G4 H810, Lumia 820, LG Volt, LG Tribute 2, LG Optimus Exceed 2, LG Realm, Moto X 2014 (Pure Edition), Moto X 2013, Nexus 5, Nokia Lumia 520, Nokia Lumia 1020, Samsung Galaxy S3, iphone 3G

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMagm View Post
    eBay has the $240 unlimited T/T/5 GB LTE plan with choice of carrier. With a 10% coupon that comes up every now and then (or maybe even a 15% or 20% coupon) , that would make it $18 or less per month per line. If you are willing to pay for a year in advance, this seems to be a cheaper route than the family plan, unless I'm missing something.
    Unless something has changed, the 5gb and above plans are limited to AT&T and Sprint. You can only choose Verizon or T-Mobile on plans 3gb and less.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMagm View Post
    No, that seems correct.

But not every family can afford to lay out $1,200 (or $1,080 w/10% off), using 5 lines for example, all at once.

So the option to pay monthly and get a little discount with the RP family plan, still with the ability to mix and match networks, seems like it might have a little value.

MVNOs seem to have a hard time coming up with a decent family plan. 33.333% off the regular monthly price of the 3/5GB plan for lines 2-5 on a family plan is a start, and at least RP is trying something.
    Vzw-$9.99/mo+$0.25/min-1999-2001
    PagePlus-2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1-2013-2016
    Selectel Flex-2013-2015
    Puppy-2014
    Tracfone-2015-2016
    TruPhone-2015-
    Red Pocket-2016-2017
    Piranha-2016-
    FreedomPop-GSM-2016-
    T-Mo-Data-2017-
    3-2018-

Ericsson AF738 Jul99-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    Unless something has changed, the 5gb and above plans are limited to AT&T and Sprint. You can only choose Verizon or T-Mobile on plans 3gb and less.
    Yes. That's important, and that's why I pointed it out in the original post above.

Feedback Score
    Yes monthly vs 360 day layout is a big deal.
    As a USA citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a racist, hypersensitive, crass, immoral psychopathic traitor, narcissist liar committing High Treason against the USA.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.23.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 03.13.19

Device(s)
    Motorola G4 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post

Sent from my Moto G (4) using HoFo mobile app
    No they are not limited to AT&T and Sprint. The 5GB and above plans can be used on any network. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. You do however get a couple of GB more data on AT&T and Sprint than you do with Verizon and T-Mobile based service at the same price points.

EDIT I'm sorry I missed that you were just talking about the eBay exclusive plans, in which case they are limited to the 2 networks at this time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    No, that seems correct.

But not every family can afford to lay out $1,200 (or $1,080 w/10% off), using 5 lines for example, all at once.

So the option to pay monthly and get a little discount with the RP family plan, still with the ability to mix and match networks, seems like it might have a little value.

MVNOs seem to have a hard time coming up with a decent family plan. 33.333% off the regular monthly price of the 3/5GB plan for lines 2-5 on a family plan is a start, and at least RP is trying something.
    So true. I've had my share of white trash tenants on welfare and food stamps who were continually 4 weeks late on rent and utilities. Every single one always seem to have the latest Samsung or Apple flagship phone with unlimited $70/month postpaid plans because its very important to watch youtube while commuting to work. They dont even have $500 in their savings account.

As for me, I'm a cheapo on the $5/month Red Pocket plan. My YouTube videos can wait until I am in WIFI range.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Kind of "Meh..." Definitely a good deal for 2 lines ($50/30 days), but less for 4 lines for $90, where others are better. For example, several providers provide 4 lines of unlimited for $100 (Cricket, Boost, Metro, or Total, which are AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile & Verizon, respectively).

It would be good if they priced the family plan like the annual plans, since porting multiple lines isn't easy. So if they offered a family plan that was along the lines of annual plan pricing, $20/line, that would make more sense.

Alternatively, they could sell additional family lines for 20% less ($240 plan would be $192) if linked to a primary line, which is basically the eBay coupon rate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    From your sig:
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 01.23.19
    Interested! How do I get these? search eBay? or message zapjb?

I don't understand the sig convention when many are listed. Does it mean the poster (in this case zapjb) is currently paying for all those services? Sometimes I see sig listings that just don't seem plausible. (Not in this case.)

Device(s)
    Moto G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLV View Post
    Interested! How do I get these? search eBay? or message zapjb?
    Those are one day sale prices from E-bay. Sometimes the price is reduced on top of a 10-15% one day sale, so you can get great prices like those if you time it right.

You can get notifications directly from the e-Bay app or check here every day as well.

Feedback Score
    From the Red Pocket website:

The Red Pocket family plan offers amazing value to you and your loved ones! For your initial SIM card and plan purchase, you will pay $30 per line: $30 for the primary line’s first 30 days of service, $20 for service and a $10 setup fee for each secondary line. Once you have activated all of your lines and setup your family plan, every 30 days you will pay $30 for your primary line and ONLY $20 for each additional line!

Every line will receive unlimited talk, text and data with 5GB or 3GB at LTE speed, depending on the networks you choose. Your payment will be deducted every 30 days through the convenience of auto-refill.

Please note, family plan discounts are not available with one-time refill. For more information about how to setup your family plan, view our help desk article Setting Up Your Family Plan.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCSSGT View Post
    From the Red Pocket website:

The Red Pocket family plan offers amazing value to you and your loved ones! For your initial SIM card and plan purchase, you will pay $30 per line: $30 for the primary line’s first 30 days of service, $20 for service and a $10 setup fee for each secondary line. Once you have activated all of your lines and setup your family plan, every 30 days you will pay $30 for your primary line and ONLY $20 for each additional line!

Every line will receive unlimited talk, text and data with 5GB or 3GB at LTE speed, depending on the networks you choose. Your payment will be deducted every 30 days through the convenience of auto-refill.

Please note, family plan discounts are not available with one-time refill. For more information about how to setup your family plan, view our help desk article Setting Up Your Family Plan.
    Are you providing some new or different info compared to what I already put in the first post?

Device(s)
    Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket Verizon prepaid monthly
    Feedback Score
    I just posted a comment about RPM's Family Plan over on the "RedPocket? How is their service? Any deals available?" thread.

There may be those startup hiccups in making the plan actually work, and the CSRs may not be too familiar with it.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, Moto X4, Moto G5 Plus, Blu R1HD, several flip phones
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Lycamobile, Red Pocket, H2O
    Feedback Score
    What speed does the data fall back to on the "unlimited" RP family plans when you use up all the 3 or 5 GB of LTE??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast