Thread: New Owner of Galaxy S9 question: Anyone else have one?

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Question New Owner of Galaxy S9 question: Anyone else have one?

Hello everyone, I was hoping anyone who owns an S9/S9+ could chime in on the matter. I just got a brand new S9 a few days ago. It is a really big upgrade from my iphone SE. I really love it so far. Maybe I am not used to a curved display (or my eyes are very sensitive), but I feel like the curved edges create kind of a glare? It is like a reflection on the edges. It is hard to explain. I do not think the device is defective. It might be something my eyes have to get used to. I was hoping to get community feedback from other owners about this. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I just got an S9 +. I consider the curved edges more of a design feature than an encumbrance. The edge will show some reflection, just as the face reflects, depending on how you have the phone angled relative to the light source. I love the phone so far, but only had it for a day.

I initially ordered a "used, like new" S9+ from Amazon for $100 less than new. That was a big mistake because Amazon doesn't really check on or properly label what they send out. The one I initially received was for the China/Latin America market, the phone was in Spanish (I changed the language) but it would not work with my selected carrier despite being an "unlocked" phone. Needless to say, that went back to the Amazon.

So that is my two bits on the "glare" issue. Now I'm considering a companion piece, a Galaxy Watch.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I use the Gear 3 with my S9 plus. They work great together.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I want to switch from iPhone to Samsung. I have iPhone X but the Intel modem and antenna seem to be weaker than previous iPhones. I like the Note 9 but since it would be my first Samsung I think I should stick to the regular S9.

Feedback Score
    Most reviews of the S9/S9+ phones I've read recommend the S9+ for several reasons: More RAM, more camera features, larger screen, slightly better battery life.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help guys. I'm guessing the display is not defective because when I tilt and angle the phone it goes away. Almost looks like a slight shadow on the sides when looking head on. Only really seen in white backgrounds. Must be the refraction of light from the curved glass?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gfmucci View Post
    Most reviews of the S9/S9+ phones I've read recommend the S9+ for several reasons: More RAM, more camera features, larger screen, slightly better battery life.
    Don’t forget the S9 and S9+ both support EVS. An amazing feature that doesn’t get enough attention.