Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Republic Wireless now offers 30 and 90 day 'unlimited' data-only SIM cards

Feedback Score

Republic Wireless now offers 30 and 90 day 'unlimited' data-only SIM cards

(Republic Wireless is a Tmobile MVNO)

SIM cards come pre-loaded with either 30 or 90 days of (technically) unlimited data and are pre-activated, so don't require activation, an account, or even a payment method after purchase.

For the 30-day card, the first 20 gigabytes are at 4G speeds, and the 90-day card is allotted 20 gigs per 30 days (so 60 total, but divided into thirds). After you hit the cards' limits, any further data used will be 2G. Roaming also isn't included

Seemingly exclusively on Amazon. The 30-day card is $29.99; the 90-day will run you $74.99.
    https://www.amazon.com/Republic-Wire.../dp/B07L6SWSKR

Feedback Score
    This 90 day plan is $25 for 20 GB.

Mint mobile is $25 for 10 GB if you buy 12 months at a time so this is better than mint mobile.

I have the $50 unlimited boost mobile plan for $25 (promo) a month so I get unlimited data on my phone so I will keep my plan. However, I only get 8 or 12 GB hotspot so this would be better for hotspot.

Of course this is for data only so you don't get voice or text but you can use something like Google voice for voice and text.

Feedback Score
    I'm all over this.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a5G, Moto G Stylus, G Power, G7 Power and G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, TextNow and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Does this plan force you on wifi when available or can you choose?

Feedback Score
    If I understand this plan correctly you don't ever have to use wi-fi so it is not like their other plan that forces you to use wi-fi.

I don't know of another plan where you can get 20 GB of hotspot for $25 a month so seems like a good price.

This is also different because it is a one time use pre-activated sim card and after it expires you need to buy a new one. This means it would also be great for people that want just a month of data every once in a while.

It is also different because it is data only so no voice or text.

If I did not just get a new promo deal on boost I think I would get the $25 plan.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a5G, Moto G Stylus, G Power, G7 Power and G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, TextNow and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post

If I did not just get a new promo deal on boost I think I would get the $25 plan.
    I had that Boost promo for the first month then ported over to Tello. I couldn't deal with the slow data speeds. If I knew how slow it was going to be I'd never had done it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    I had that Boost promo for the first month then ported over to Tello. I couldn't deal with the slow data speeds. If I knew how slow it was going to be I'd never had done it.
    On boost LTE I get speeds from 128 kbps to 8 mbps so it is sometimes slow. I am happy just to have an unlimited plan because before that I only had 3 GB.

This new plan looks like a normal price not a promo price.

Also there is no guarantee it will be available at the same price in the future so not sure you can depend on it but it is a good deal now.

Feedback Score
    This sounds like a good deal. I just signed up for Mint's $20/3 month special, maybe once that's done I will try this. I'm not familiar with Republic, how reliable are they? How is their support/customer service?

Feedback Score
    Here is a forum topic from their website, maybe there is more info
    https://forums.republicwireless.com/...sim-card/23562
    I didn't bother reading any of it :P

edit: I found a FAQ with some more info: https://forums.republicwireless.com/...only-sim/24614

Which devices are compatible with a data only SIM? Tablets, Smartphones, iPads, Hotspots, Smart Watches, and other GSM-compatible devices.

How do I know if the data-only SIM will work with my device? The data-only SIM will work with unlocked, GSM-compatible devices. An unlocked device is one that is capable of connecting to a cell network but is not configured for a specific provider. AT&T and T-Mobile both run off of the GSM-network. If your device is unlocked and compatible with either of those carriers, your device should be good to go.

If you’re still unsure, we recommend reaching out to your device manufacturer to confirm your device is unlocked and GSM-compatible.

Can I check how much data I’ve used? Because we are testing this product, there is not currently a feature built-out to allow you to check the amount of data you have used.

Will I still be able to connect to WiFi? Yes! You will be able to connect to WiFi anywhere a WiFi connection is available. We recommend connecting to WiFi whenever possible so as to conserve your data for when you are unable to connect to WiFi network.

Where will I have coverage with Republic Wireless? 98% of all people in America are covered with Republic. View our coverage map here.

Can I continue to use the data SIM card after my plan period expires? No, you will need to purchase a new SIM card to begin a new plan period.

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Already sold out on Amazon.

"Currently unavailable.
    We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Feedback Score
    I have the 30 day sim. Works great. Hotspot worked on my Moto G6. If there is no sim available at the end of my 30 days. I guess I'll say good-bye to Republic.

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    These are back in stock at Amazon - only 19 left.

https://www.amazon.com/Republic-Wire...ublic+wireless

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    They’ve updated the Data SIM’s expiration policy so that it will expire 30 days after first use, rather than 30 days after delivery.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Mint, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Any real user reviews? Only a few comments on Amazon.

Feedback Score
    I'm a real user. Works great on my Moto X. The only thing I don't like are it installs an app that keeps asking me for permissions. I ignore it and the service still works fine. Set up an VOIP app and works fine for calls.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast