Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 82

Thread: Tracfone Rebel 4 getting updates

  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    394
    Feedback Score
    0
    On my Rebel 4, I did not get a text about updates.
    I checked the phone settings and there was a update to install.
    It took about 20 minutes to download and install.
    It was an "Android System Update" and brought the security level from June to September 2018.

    On my Samsung Galaxy Sky, I got the text message on 12/14 from 24719.
    It is the 3rd time I have received a message about a software update.
    Am waiting for a notification about the install.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    157
    Feedback Score
    0
    24719 is the number my update text was sent from. My phone is an LG Rebel 4.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    38
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    More then likely, it is from 24719. That is the number that I get those messages from. Let wait and see what number that tlveik got, too.
    Yep, same number, 24719. Still haven't seen anything happen. So now I just went into the update center in settings and clicked Check For Update. Nothing, it says I'm up to date.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    6,983
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    If Tracfone has to pickup a portion of the cost, they could be the one`s blocking the update request.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,183
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    If Tracfone has to pickup a portion of the cost, they could be the one`s blocking the update request.
    would it still be possible to receive the update if you use a non tracfone sim ??

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    394
    Feedback Score
    0
    At 6:15 pm EST, I got a text on my Rebel 4 from 24719 regarding a software update.
    Though it stated that a notification will be sent, I noticed that a download was happening.
    Took about 15 minutes for the download and install to complete.

    That took my security level from September to November 2018.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    38
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLC View Post
    At 6:15 pm EST, I got a text on my Rebel 4 from 24719 regarding a software update.
    Though it stated that a notification will be sent, I noticed that a download was happening.
    Took about 15 minutes for the download and install to complete.

    That took my security level from September to November 2018.
    Odd. I just received another text from 24719 saying there would be an update for my Rebel 4. At least the third text in the last couple months. But still no update. I'm still at the June 1 Security update. If I click on Check for Update. It just says I'm up to date.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    394
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tlveik View Post
    Odd. I just received another text from 24719 saying there would be an update for my Rebel 4. At least the third text in the last couple months. But still no update. I'm still at the June 1 Security update. If I click on Check for Update. It just says I'm up to date.
    I must have missed this post earlier.

    I got the notification text on 01/24/2019 and also have been manually checking for an update every so often.
    Today I checked again and there was an update.
    It was 99.62 MB and brought my Android Security Patch level to January 01, 2019.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    394
    Feedback Score
    0
    Got a text 06/01/2019 at 4:49 AM stating that an update for the Rebel 4 was required.
    It had already downloaded and all I had to do was to authorize the update.

    It brought my Android Security Patch level to May 01,2019.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    44
    Feedback Score
    0
    I bought a Rebel 4 on 4/20. Upon activation, it downloaded updates to bring the security patch level to March 1. Then yesterday I also got the update to May 1.

    My previous phone was an Ultimate 2 which I had for over 4 years and I don't think it ever got any updates. So I am happy to see that the Rebel 4 is being kept up to date so far.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    38
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLC View Post
    Got a text 06/01/2019 at 4:49 AM stating that an update for the Rebel 4 was required.
    It had already downloaded and all I had to do was to authorize the update.

    It brought my Android Security Patch level to May 01,2019.
    I was always jealous that you were getting updates and I wasn't. But that problem must have been fixed, I got this update too. May 1.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,684
    Feedback Score
    0
    Lol It doesn't take much to melee Android users happy.

    Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    394
    Feedback Score
    0
    Got a text today, 08/04/2019 at 6:36 AM stating that an update for the Rebel 4 was required.
    It had already downloaded and all I had to do was to authorize the update.

    It brought my Android Security Patch level to July 01, 2019.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    44
    Feedback Score
    0
    I haven't gotten a text (yet) but Update Center downloaded the update. Thanks for posting.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    536
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    I got my text alert at 12:30 AM. Nice wake up call (not).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Siemens CF62 gets updated
    By Ulysses in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 03:47 PM
  2. Can i get update for E398 MPT V3.11?
    By abs in forum Motorola
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-10-2005, 04:16 AM
  3. Will I get in trouble with Cingular?? I said I have v .325 to get update
    By telejas in forum Windows Mobile Standard (Smartphone)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-01-2004, 06:04 PM
  4. went to get update on my v60p ,and verizon had no clue
    By mbaverizon in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 08:43 PM
  5. Good place to get updated version of Spybot?
    By Hawaiian Boy in forum Tech Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 02:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks