Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone Rebel 4 getting updates

Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, Tracfone LG Rebel 4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was thinking about ordering a refurb rebel 4 for 14.99 w/20 plan card using that promo code.
    I just received one of those $15 mastercard gift card offers from TF.
    Terms state that bundle must be valued at $20 or more. Without the promo code, it is valued above this.
    Will I get the $15 mastercard via email if order comes to $17+ w promo?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    I was thinking about ordering a refurb rebel 4 for 14.99 w/20 plan card using that promo code.
    I just received one of those $15 mastercard gift card offers from TF.
    Terms state that bundle must be valued at $20 or more. Without the promo code, it is valued above this.
    Will I get the $15 mastercard via email if order comes to $17+ w promo?
    1. Does the GC offer require a purchase of a bundle of $20+, or activation of a line with a plan of at least $20? If it requires activation with a $20 plan, then it doesn't matter how much you actually paid for the time card.
    2. If it requires a purchase of $20+, throw in an accessory item to bring it to $20+.

Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, Tracfone LG Rebel 4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    1. Does the GC offer require a purchase of a bundle of $20+, or activation of a line with a plan of at least $20? If it requires activation with a $20 plan, then it doesn't matter how much you actually paid for the time card.
    2. If it requires a purchase of $20+, throw in an accessory item to bring it to $20+.
    It requires bundle purchase. No activation required.. eGift card is send by email after items ship.
    "Qualifying purchases must include a Phone + Plan bundle or a SIM Card + Plan bundle, valued $20 or more"

I thought about adding accessory item to bring to over $20 (w/promo code) and probably should have but ordered it without.
    Guess I'll see what happens.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLC View Post
    I got the LG Software update text today.

It brought the Android Security patch level to February 01, 2020.
    Curious, I got the text too. But I got it on my new phone which replaced the Rebel 4. Not seeing an update available on the new phone yet. Do these texts get tied to the currently used phone somehow? The text does't say which phone it's for.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tlveik View Post
    Curious, I got the text too. But I got it on my new phone which replaced the Rebel 4. Not seeing an update available on the new phone yet. Do these texts get tied to the currently used phone somehow? The text does't say which phone it's for.
    What make/model is your new phone? Is it BYOP or TF-branded? If BYOP, was serviced from the Rebel 4 transferred to it properly or you did a SIM swap?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    What make/model is your new phone? Is it BYOP or TF-branded? If BYOP, was serviced from the Rebel 4 transferred to it properly or you did a SIM swap?
    It's a tracfone branded Samsung A10e.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tlveik View Post
    It's a tracfone branded Samsung A10e.
    The TF-branded Samsung A10e had an update last week, another forum member told me. The update notification that you got is probably related to that, and not to the update on the Rebel 4.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I got my refurbed LG R4. Looks like it is in perfect brand new condition. It's a good budget phone though I (still) don't love power button on back a little below camera lens. The camera on it is ok. The one I got before must have had an issue. I like the double tap to wake/sleep. I like LG's implementation of Oreo. I got this LG to replace an old Samsung luna pro that is on 6.0/6/18. Haven't received $15 gift card yet .. states can take up to 3 days after shipping. Looks like I may have messed that up by not going over $20 after tax. My bad. Maybe I'll contact them to ask about it. My LG is on security update 3/1/19. I guess this will update with a little time.

Feedback Score
    My LG is on security update 3/1/19. I guess this will update with a little time.
    If you haven't already, you might try "Tools > Settings > System > Update center > Software Update > Check for update" to see if it will find updates.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkTF View Post
    If you haven't already, you might try "Tools > Settings > System > Update center > Software Update > Check for update" to see if it will find updates.
    Thanks Mark yes I tried that (also activated it). Nothing yet. Probably will come soon.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I got some updates... took a while. Security patch level now at February 1st 2020.

Name:  Capture+_2020-03-12-21-05-30_resized.png
Views: 83
Size:  20.4 KB

Excellent phone btw.
    Last edited by tomseys; 03-13-2020 at 07:49 AM. Reason: added info

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Lately (past 7 days or so), when I check for updates on the Rebel 4, I get the message below. I've tried a few things like clearing cache of various apps, restarting, a network settings reset etc and the message remains. Phone works normally otherwise. Do other people get this? Is it a temp issue with LG?

Name:  Capture+_2020-03-23-03-34-51.png
Views: 57
Size:  36.8 KB

Feedback Score
    Lately (past 7 days or so), when I check for updates on the Rebel 4, I get the message below. I've tried a few things like clearing cache of various apps, restarting, a network settings reset etc and the message remains. Phone works normally otherwise. Do other people get this? Is it a temp issue with LG?

Name:  Capture+_2020-03-23-03-34-51.png
Views: 57
Size:  36.8 KB
    I just checked for updates on my LG Rebel 4 over a working wifi connection, and I got the same message.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lg800g user View Post
    I just checked for updates on my LG Rebel 4 over a working wifi connection, and I got the same message.
    I suppose then it may be an LG server issue.

Feedback Score
    I got my refurbed LG R4. Looks like it is in perfect brand new condition. It's a good budget phone though I (still) don't love power button on back a little below camera lens. The camera on it is ok. The one I got before must have had an issue. I like the double tap to wake/sleep. I like LG's implementation of Oreo. I got this LG to replace an old Samsung luna pro that is on 6.0/6/18. Haven't received $15 gift card yet .. states can take up to 3 days after shipping. Looks like I may have messed that up by not going over $20 after tax. My bad. Maybe I'll contact them to ask about it. My LG is on security update 3/1/19. I guess this will update with a little time.
    lappers....does your re-furbed Rebel 4 hold its charge well? I've had the Rebel 4 for about 18 months now....really like it, but lately the battery seems to need a charge more frequently. That's a great price on a re-furbed one now, and I might go for it....also thinking about the re-furbed Samsung J7 Crown because of a better camera....Any other issue with it being a re-furb? Thanks for any info...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast