Thread: Galaxy S8 unlocked

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Galaxy S8 unlocked

I went to two MetroPCS stores and they claim my unlocked Galaxy S8 which I purchased last year from Samsung directly won't work on their network. One store inserted their sim and said sorry won't work. The other store said Galaxy S8's don't work on their network. Currently I'm using straight talk and would like to switch over. So will the Galaxy S8 work on MetroPCS or not? The model number is SM-G950U1 which is an unlocked US phone.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Switch to att prepaid at att store. Unlimited for 45.00 with autopay. I have two lines for 80.00 unlimited. I just switch from MetroPCS I got sick of them charging for sim swaps. your Galaxy 8 will work on AT&T prepaid $45 a month unlimited.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    No cap on gb used either.

Device(s)
    Samsung Rant (M540)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by kdimm222 View Post
    Switch to att prepaid at att store. Unlimited for 45.00 with autopay. I have two lines for 80.00 unlimited. I just switch from MetroPCS I got sick of them charging for sim swaps. your Galaxy 8 will work on AT&T prepaid $45 a month unlimited.

They're not charging for sim swaps anymore... Have you tried to call them on the phone? According to this article you have to call in your IMEI https://www.androidcentral.com/can-i...xy-s8-metropcs

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Why would anyone choose metro over att. I pay 80.00 unlimited for two lines... Swap my phone whenever i want.. Dont have to call anyone to swap sims...

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Take that to a att store. Sign up for 45.00 unlimited plan($20.00 off with autopay) normally 65.00... They put a sim in the s8 and it will be activated less than 5 min. Took my metro zte blade zmax and did it... Obviously the metro people didnt know how to activate your phone...

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So, ATT Prepaid is $45/month? That's $45, right?

Metro device swap:
    For Metro purchased/Metro locked phones: If you use the automated system to swap devices, there's no charge. There is a charge if you call in.

Non-Metro/unlocked phones: The automated system doesn't work; you'll need to call in and pay.

So Metro sort of, but not really, rescinded the $15 fee.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I had $4.17 in credit, thats why it is less than $80.00.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I did a factory reset and this time it worked with their sim card. I only swap sims every couple of years when I purchase a new phone so $15 isn't much to me. I'm saving $100 a month by switching to the 4 lines for $100 deal. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Why would anyone choose metro over att. I pay 80.00 unlimited for two lines... Swap my phone whenever i want.. Dont have to call anyone to swap sims...

Easy. Free iPhone 6s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I had Metro but when you travel around the state of Michigan 15% of the areas data don't even work or can't text. That is why I switched to AT&T prepaid. I would rather spend $99 on a 6S then get a free one and don't have service....

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I had Metro but when you travel around the state of Michigan 15% of the areas data don't even work or can't text. That is why I switched to AT&T prepaid. I would rather spend $99 on a 6S then get a free one and don't have service....

Every city/state is different. I've been in locations where my friends on AT&T can't play a video without buffering because of network congestion and it plays just fine on my Tmo/Metro based phone.

The OP was talking about customer service reps telling him that his Samsung wouldn't work on Metro. The reason is that they hire just about anyone at some Metro stores (like Cricket as well). So, most of us that hang out here in these forums probably know more about phones than most employees at Metro/Cricket stores.

If you know that a phone will work on a particular network, don't take no for an answer when you're at the store. If you have to, load up a website like this to prove your point.

It shouldn't be that way, but customer service reps for prepaid (both on the phone and off) aren't that bright usually. But, that's one reason why prepaid is cheaper, you're not going to have your hand held every step of the way.

In the case mentioned by the OP, that's just plain stupid of the sales reps part. If a person comes into your store to be a customer, you do whatever you can to make that happen.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app