Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: IPad 5GB of data for 5 months Only $10

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    Just curious if anyone else is seeing this - today mine just went sideways and doesn't connect (will go full-bars, then No Service, then the same thing over and over) - the account looks like it's still active. It doesn't look like a service issue in my area (other T-Mobile devices are working). I'm using it on a removable Apple SIM (like the early iPad Pros, Air 2, etc.). T-Force is "looking into it," but these plans always throw them for a loop. Out of curiosity/troubleshooting/desperation to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue, I bought a cheap Sprint broadband pass with the same SIM and it's working fine (good to see how Sprint was in my area, too).

If it doesn't end up resolving itself, I may grab a T-Mobile SIM and/or buy a new pass, as I suspect something got screwed up on their end.

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    I just tried the 200mb on my iPad and it connects ,
    It's a 3G iPad
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

Feedback Score
    I'm eperience something weird too. I'm at a complete loss at figuring out what's going on and am affraid to call for fear they will fix it.

Going back to November, I signed up for the $10 2GB tablet prepaid plan. Worked fine, I burned through the data and let it lapse. End of December, I put the sim in my phone and call 611 to load $10 on the account. I wait all day, data never activates. I call 611 and talk to a CSR, the gentleman turns on my data and all is fine. I stop using the sim in my ipad and just put the ipad way and haven't used it in weeks, I hate the thing. Today I decide I want to use the $10 plan again. I put the sim in my phone and dial 611 to load $10 on the account. I first check the balance, it says "zero dollars, unlimited data and zero data used." WTF! I ask to check the transaction history, nothing for the last 30 days. I hang up and sure enough Data is working on my phone. I put the sim in my unlocked ATT Nighhawk Hotspot and data works. I put the sim in my Ipad and data works. Surely they must have billed my card. I look at all my credit cards and bank account, nothing from TMobile since Dec. Today I burned through 2.4GB of data and still am getting 16Mbps of LTE. Tethering to my ipad is working too.

What the heck happened? I'll keep watching my cards but this is bazarre. I hope it keeps working. I think I'll go play lotto tonight.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Was this deal only for existing customers? And not to sound crazy as you never know with T-Mobile but was/is this deal 5gb for $10 per month , or total for 5 months ?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    I'm eperience something weird too. I'm at a complete loss at figuring out what's going on and am affraid to call for fear they will fix it...

What the heck happened? I'll keep watching my cards but this is bazarre. I hope it keeps working. I think I'll go play lotto tonight.
    I think T-Mobile does some weird stuff where data is tied to an IMEI until the system updates for these plans (two years ago I took a 200MB for life SIM out of one iPad that was replaced by AppleCare and put it in another and it would not work, but mysteriously did once the "billing cycle" reset). The same thing has happened with some of the passes before. Nobody seems to officially know how these plans work (T-Mobile is no real help, nor is searching around), but I suspect something was in place to "tie" the free data to a particular iPad, but it's very loosely enforced or breaks. I'm just guessing and have mostly moved on to an Apple SIM and re-buying the 5GB plan instead.

Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    Was this deal only for existing customers? And not to sound crazy as you never know with T-Mobile but was/is this deal 5gb for $10 per month , or total for 5 months ?
    It's if you buy a data pass within the Settings > Cellular Data area on the iPad, but I think can be renewed through the mim.t-mobile.com site. It's 5GB for $10 that expires after 150 days and technically only for the first time you activate it on select devices (I'm guessing some sort of introductory plan - seems to be iPad mini 3, iPad Air 2, and any newer devices). Even though all the language says it can only be purchased once, many have been able to renew it.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    It's if you buy a data pass within the Settings > Cellular Data area on the iPad, but I think can be renewed through the mim.t-mobile.com site. It's 5GB for $10 that expires after 150 days and technically only for the first time you activate it on select devices (I'm guessing some sort of introductory plan - seems to be iPad mini 3, iPad Air 2, and any newer devices). Even though all the language says it can only be purchased once, many have been able to renew it.
    Thanks. What a great deal. It would be perfect for my needs. Now all I need is an T-Mobile Ipad I am probably going to try the $10/2gb plan but I would much rather have this

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Lycamobile, Sprint, Tello, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Just FYI, the https://mim.t-mobile.com site for status and reload of data only plans has been down for months. I personally haven't called it in because my paid MI lines are postpaid, but I mange several lines with Free Data For Life and monitor them with the Mim site.

There are threads here and on the TMO community's site. Support seems to be under a no communication order about it. The only people who post that they can reload tablet lines say they have to call in to do it and some have had to buy new passes even if they have a balance.

Proceed with caution, this road has some bumps.

Device(s)
    Samsung SM-G960U Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have an Alcatel A30 with T-Mobile [the 2nd line with my Galaxy S9] and am not seeing this option. It may also have something to do with the fact that I'm on the 55+ plan.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. What a great deal. It would be perfect for my needs. Now all I need is an T-Mobile Ipad I am probably going to try the $10/2gb plan but I would much rather have this
    Any recent iPad should be good for this, so you won't have to get a special one from T-Mobile (I know some carriers do promos if you buy a device through them). If you do eventually go that route, an Apple Store should give you a free T-Mobile SIM if necessary. Either way, it's a good deal on a plan if you just want a little bit of data.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertabrae View Post
    Just FYI, the https://mim.t-mobile.com site for status and reload of data only plans has been down for months. I personally haven't called it in because my paid MI lines are postpaid, but I mange several lines with Free Data For Life and monitor them with the Mim site.
    Yeah, it looks like it now redirects to an entirely new site and the big issues have been if you had these tied to a T-Mobile login that was used with something else (I keep a separate one for my iPad). After getting burned by the "you didn't reload recently enough" issue, I'm just going it on a case-by-case basis and not keeping a balance like I do with some other prepaid services. I only lost about $10, and otherwise the plan has been pretty good, so I'll put up with the bumpy ride.

For what it's worth, these plans are eligible for T-Mobile Tuesdays (have to pop the SIM in a phone to receive the confirmation code), which if you can get value out of at least something here or there, has made some of the annoyances worth putting up with, too.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wralford View Post
    I have an Alcatel A30 with T-Mobile [the 2nd line with my Galaxy S9] and am not seeing this option. It may also have something to do with the fact that I'm on the 55+ plan.
    I don’t know whether it is available for anything but an iPad. Was available within the cellular plan portion on my iPads in settings.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wralford View Post
    It's sold through the prepaid Mobile Internet area, which I'm slowly becoming convinced is run by one person. On top of that, it's only available on eligible devices (iPad mini 3s and newer, iPad Air 2s and newer, all iPad Pros, don't have any data points of Android devices). Supposedly the plan was originally some sort of tie-in with QVC, but has stuck around: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...gb-150-days-10

It's also paid for separately from any other T-Mobile services, which is great if you want to mix & match service. I'm guessing if you're on postpaid service, T-Mobile may point you in the add-a-recurring-tablet-plan direction instead.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Any recent iPad should be good for this, so you won't have to get a special one from T-Mobile (I know some carriers do promos if you buy a device through them). If you do eventually go that route, an Apple Store should give you a free T-Mobile SIM if necessary. Either way, it's a good deal on a plan if you just want a little bit of data..
    I have 3 T-Mobile sims. One came from an Apple store. Anyway to figure out which one is from Apple store?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    I have 3 T-Mobile sims. One came from an Apple store. Anyway to figure out which one is from Apple store?
    Sorry if I wasn't clear - any T-Mobile SIM should be fine - it's just that many stores charge quite a bit for them or make you jump through hoops to set it up. This is one way to get a T-Mobile SIM for free (as opposed to AT&T ones that are available for about $10 literally everywhere).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    I don’t know whether it is available for anything but an iPad. Was available within the cellular plan portion on my iPads in settings.
    Can you post the link to where it’s available. I can’t find it. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    Is there a list of which iPads are eligible ?
    I have the free 200mb deal on a 2nd generation iPad , this might be nice to sign up for , but is it linked to just one iPad if you happen to brick yours ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast